Comfort Came Home - Toyota Corolla Altis Diesel

Thread Starter #16
Congrats Vivian, this is a brilliantly engineered product....as you said, a Toyota after all. My father in law has the petrol altis & its butter smooth. I'm sure your diesel one will be the same as far as ride comfort & handling goes, just a bit heavier thats it.

Cheers

Jazzy
Just a bit heavier which in turn results in steering feedback [evil]

Just pushing the accelerator pedal will solve the problem
Hmmm...then you are failed in the test buddy,for the Altis,you need a perfect combination of handbrake+clutch+accelerator,if you can work without handbrake then okay but if you can't manage to make out clutch and accelerator combo then it will move an inch or two and bog down again..[lol].But yes,keep shifting above 3000 rpm and this car is perfect,simply hassle free but still far from fun to drive.Or I can say its a 'Toyota' and behaves like one "Jack of all trades,master of none"(leave FE and comfort here,they are the best in the segment).And yes...FREE SERVICE 3200 RS MEIN HO JAATI HAI[clap](just 3000-3500 for free service are required)

The accessories I have got are
1) Illuminated door scuff plates
2) Front grille upper
3) Corner protective moulds
4) Luggage tray
5) Floor mats
6) Muffler Cutter
7) Night Vision Gel
8) Reverse Sensor
9) Fog lamps (out of stock now)
That's quite a long list,mine had got only floor mats none else,we love stock cars.

I am expecting a 20+ [:D]
You will get it even in the running-in period itself.Just be sedate and this car delivers loads of FE.

Thread Starter #20
Well,after seeing these two pics,I am quite envious of your Altis buddy...[lol]
Haha Silver and Black were my choice, And then we shortlisted it to silver as my Dad was not interested with black. [:)]

But blue and red are sporty too

Last edited:
Haha Silver, and Black were my choice, And then we shortlisted it to silver as my Dad was not interested with black. [:)]

But blue and red are sporty too
Actually we too wanted champaigne color,but since due to an accident I was unable to see the car and then Toyota guys told my father that they can get a 'brand color' or say 'Metallic blue' color car in just 1 day and since my father wanted the car on 9th Aug(My birthday)and he liked the color too,so now we own the unique Altis in Meerut,Meerut's first and only Metallic blue Altis D-4D of new version..

Well,even I also have lost my heart on red,Altis looks really sporty in red,the blue color looks good either in low light like evening or early morning or when its shining.Else it isn't that pleasing.

At last,please don't take it on heart but buddy I disliked those bumper guards or say corner protective moulds,I find it better naked at the place..[:)]

Thread Starter #22
now we own the unique Altis in Meerut,Meerut's first and only Metallic blue Altis D-4D of new version..
Blue colour Altis is very rare. I haven't seen any on roads [thumbsup]

At last,please don't take it on heart but buddy I disliked those bumper guards or say corner protective moulds,I find it better naked at the place..[:)]
Even if it is not photogenic corner guards are very nice to see in real. Especially for Black and Silver

And what about the front grille upper ??!

Blue colour Altis is very rare. I haven't seen any on roads [thumbsup]
Even I have also seen two only till date and one is 'mine' itself..[evil],but then I am happy with it.

And what about the front grille upper ??!
I am already in love with it,only problem is that I want a pic with garland removed.Then it will look even better.Actually this grille upper and your parking sensors only made me think of it as a 'GL' that also of some new model with new grille with chrome finish,while I knew that no fog lamps means 'G'..
Only issue is that,it won't looks that good on mine..

Thread Starter #24
I am already in love with it,only problem is that I want a pic with garland removed.Then it will look even better.Actually this grille upper and your parking sensors only made me think of it as a 'GL' that also of some new model with new grille with chrome finish,while I knew that no fog lamps means 'G'..
Only issue is that,it won't looks that good on mine..
I have already ordered for fog lamps. It's out of stock as it is not in the accessory list. I think fog lamps are coming as a spare part. [confused]

Just keep a chrome garnish on your car when you visit showroom again. I think it will be nice [cheers]

Congrats for getting the most loved car around the world. The Altis diesel is indeed one of my favorite diesel sedan. I know the car has earned a lot of criticism for being under powered, however when i Td'ed one i found that on papers this car might look to have puny specs however, during the drive you wont feel her going out of breath. Though i must admit, it does fall short of the fun which one experiences in Cruze which takes off like a rocket with the surge of turbo.

Congrats on the Altis! looks elegant and classy in silver colour. Altis has its own class. Hope it serves you well for the years to come.
Any ways, can you state the reason why you went ahead with altis and not Cruze or Laura ?

Thread Starter #28
Congrats on the Altis! looks elegant and classy in silver colour. Altis has its own class. Hope it serves you well for the years to come.
Any ways, can you state the reason why you went ahead with altis and not Cruze or Laura ?
It's nothing but the maintenance costs. I hate loan EMIs and maintenances [anger]

When compared to Cruze, Altis is more comfortable and refined, but Cruze is a real diesel rocket.
Skoda is no where in my list. Just because of the high service costs.

Moreover Altis diesel has an amazing FE too. And you too already said Altis has it's own class

No doubt Altis is classic.

And comfort is the main criteria in cars like this.

What if Cruze is a diesel rocket - its not of use inside city, its not of use in other roads because of the road condition and in highways you won't prefer to take it because lack of comfort in long drives.

Thread Starter #30
No doubt Altis is classic.

And comfort is the main criteria in cars like this.

What if Cruze is a diesel rocket - its not of use inside city, its not of use in other roads because of the road condition and in highways you won't prefer to take it because lack of comfort in long drives.
Hahah Well said. In Indian roads cars should be with great brain rather than big heart.

Top Bottom