Cochin Super Coolers (Trivandrum) Review

Thread Starter #1
Service Offered - All AC Repair Works for Cars,Refrigerators ,Deep freezers,Bottle Coolers Etc

Services Availed - Car AC repair

Scene - Uncles 2007 Skoda Octavia was having issues with cooling took it to one workshop who filled and gas and said its fine After a week the cooling went to none.Took the car straight to Cochin Super coolers.Explained them about the case and they suspected leak some where and asked for a day to find it out.They updated me the next day noon and told they found the leak in the cooling coil and we had to replace it.Told them to go head and the car was completed the next day eve [clap].

What I Liked -

1. Young Energetic guy who didn't jumped into conclusion instead asked time for a deep analysis
2. Availability of even parts for Skoda
3. Completion of work before the said time and timely updates

The total cost came to Rs.9630/- which i say is fair enough for the kind of work quality.

Only thing I disliked was they didn't reset the engine check light after working with car.
Had to DIY didn't incur any cost though

Overall rating 9.5/10 (0.5 reduced for not clearing the Check light )

Location - On your Right side when going to Kuravankonam form Kowdiar

Contact -
0471-2433614,2363861
+919349333315

Last edited:
Thread Starter #4
Do they do with automatic climate control system also?
Don't know about it but have seen Merc and other high end car coming there.

Been there. Recommended to at least a dozen of people. I'd rate a 10 [:D]

http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/forums/ownership-reviews/1409-hells-angel-suzuki-zen-estilo-lxi-midnight-black-8.html#post449604

Rates are less even with genuine OEM parts. Did for 20K plus a little more for an Indica Xeta, which Tata dealer quoted 35k.
As I told they deliver the car with EML ON so I reduced 0.5
Got a quote of 2.5K for Cleaning the Evaporator coil + complete flushing and refilling.
Will happen soon

deville_56

Honoured Member
Do they do with automatic climate control system also?
We did an i20 there.

As I told they deliver the car with EML ON so I reduced 0.5
Got a quote of 2.5K for Cleaning the Evaporator coil + complete flushing and refilling.
Will happen soon
But how was the check engine related to AC job?

Last edited:
Thread Starter #6
But how was the check engine related to AC job?
They had to remove some electrical and vacuum line to get the connection to evaporator coil that must have triggered the EML. Removed the battery terminal and refitted it 30 mins later and drove for 1 km and the light went off.

When does one need to top up the cooling gas?
My ride is 2 years old,touchwood ,its going pretty fine without any cooling issues,does it need any cleaning other than cabin filter cleaning?

Thread Starter #8
Has anybody been there recently?
I did take my Verna just to make sure that ac had enough gas even though there was no issue with cooling.
As usual, they plug in their pressure gauge and I sneaked in and the values were at the recommended range but next the guy told the condenser need to be cleaned and explained he would wash it off from the outside.
The Irony is I took off the bumper the day before and gave it a thorough wash with pressure washer since we came back from a trip and there was a lot of bugs stuck to it and intercooler.

Later my uncle who took the car recently told his condenser was cleaned using a can of water [frustration] and he wasn't in a mood to argue and wanted to get out quick

Mr.Vishak , we definitely need to catch up as we are both from trivandrum , private message me your whatsapp number .

Regarding Cochin super coolers , I hadn't given my ride there , as for preliminary inspection of my A/c I gave to my ASS itself , and due to my contact there , they didn't charge me anything , they had connected A/c Evaucation & recovery equipment , checked the pressure , and topped up , as there was just 1% drop .
I plan to clean my condenser , after enquring at my ASS during this service .
A/c condenser , I prefer to clean with the 3M A/c cleaning can (Which my friend had suggested to do as part of DIY), only risk being , the gas tube shouldn't be disturbed as it can cause a leak . So need to inspect level of dirt in it and do the same.

Top Bottom