City Clutch a.k.a Aftermarket Auto Clutch

Thread Starter #1
After dropping idea about buying Skoda Laura I started my research yet again. My top priority was to get diesel automatic. So I decided that I will buy Maruti Ritz Vdi which was readily available in stock and get it fitted with City Clutch. After some research and googling I found a local dealer who is dealing with city clutch and arranged for demo.

Woke up next morning and confirmed that I could visit him and scooted away to his place. I met Mr. Srinivas Prasad a humble man. He is physically handicapped with his right leg affected by polio. We started conversation about the City Clutch and the history of the device and his friend Mr. Patel from Gujarat whom he had close ties etc. Finally we went for demo with his Hyundai Verna which was fitted with City Clutch.

Before demo I thought I maybe wasting time. But after I took his verna for drive, it changed all. He was very polite and answered all my queries.

The device is 3 part. The micro processor controller, gear knob with switch and the motor. The functionality is very simple. The MPC monitors the car RPM and based on input it adjusts the clutch. To change gear I need to press the button on the knob and the clutch gets depressed while I change gear. After gear is changed the accelarator needs to be paddled for the movement. When the car is in idle the clutch remains depressed and once gear is in position with throttling clutch gets released with movement of car. He also explained how I could adjust the micro processor to suit my driving style. It was a wonderful drive.

By end of the drive I was convinced with the device. I will be getting this installed on my next car for sure. I will keep you guys posted how well it will serve me.

Automatic clutch system

A friend was having disability in using the clutch (left leg operation).
So i searched in net for procedure for making an existing car in to automatic.
Came up on something called Automatic clutch system .
This is not what Maruti Suzuki is promised for the upcoming hatchback.
Means not AMT.
The entire transmission system will be as it is .Even the clutch pedal will remain.
The clutch is controlled by an actuator which is controlled by a button on the gear shift liver .We can switch on and off this system .If one wants to use the clutch pedal,just switch it off.
More info in the link below.
Called up the numbers and got a quote for Rs 48 K.
The vehicle needs to be sent to Chennai.
Comments please!
Automatic Clutch System - Automatic Clutch System for Car, Automatic Clutch System Manufacturer, Automatic Clutch System for Car Supplier from Chennai, India

Re: Automatic clutch system

How this is going to be installed.
Are they going to fiddle with the ECU and speed sensor etc.
What will happen during sudden hard breaking.

Re: Automatic clutch system

Now I am pasting something from the website.

Automatic Clutch System for Car
With Automatic Clutch System For Car you can convert a manual car to semi-automatic at the touch of a button. We manufacture and supply all types of cars and light duty vans matching to hectic traffic conditions. This is an intelligent electronically controlled mechanism which enables the driver to select gears simply by pressing a button on the gear lever and shifting. This automatically activates the clutch pedal movement in a completely controlled system. The car can be driven by using just the brake and accelerator. In traffic when releasing the brake pedal the car creeps forward like an automatic. Auto Clutch takes the fatigue away from having to operate the clutch pedal continuously, particularly in traffic situations.

Auto clutch is mainly comprised of two units. The first elaborate electronic control unit controls the second compact electric motor. The electric motor is mechanically connected to the clutch pedal with a cable. The accelerator pedal, brake pedal, hand brake and road speed are monitored for signals which result in automatic activation of the system. The entire system is installed in the interior compartment of the car. Some of the features are:
Change gear without using your foot to operate the clutch
Easy to operate
No engine or gearbox modifications
Can be switched on or off even while driving
Economic time spending to install
More fuel economical than an automatic
Creeps like an automatic
Transferable to your next car.

Mr.Prabhakaran(In charge ) was very confident while saying that it can be done in any Petrol vehicle.I assume there is some intelligence involved in a black box somewhere(microprocessor) [:)].They don't have a branch in Bangalore .So people in Chennai can help .

Top Bottom