Choose from Tata Aria Pleasure and XUV 5OO W6 FWD

Status
Not open for further replies.
It looks like you are inclined more towards the Aria and if that' the case then you should go with it. But the only thing that i wold say before going for the Aria is check the A.S.S. As suggested by Vipul, meet some Aria owner and ask him about the A.S.S.

And if it's not satisfactory then i would recommend you to go with XUV 500. Since Mahindra has better A.S.S and wins the race in that area for sure.

XUV :

+ Better A.S.S.
+ Better resale value
+ More features

- Waiting period
- Plastic quality

Aria :

+ Better ride quality
+ Better plastic quality

- Poor resale value
- Poor A.S.S.
- Spare parts availability is a big issue

Niggling issues are present in both. Take your pick.

I recommend the XUV, primarily since Aria is doing miniscule numbers and is almost on the verge of extinction.

Thread Starter #19
@Justinsylas:
At the end I'd recommend you to once consult Raj and Iron Rock they can clear nearly every query of yours and can help you move further because my limit ends here.
I finalised the deal overall. And my wife also agreed to book Aria. The offer is...
Cash Discount : 1.85 L
Accessories : 65K woth ( Alloys + Tubeless Tyres + Seat Covers + Basic Kits + Car Cover + Polish + Extended Warranty + Foot steps + Reverse Camara [not finalised yet the camera thing] )

It looks like you are inclined more towards the Aria and if that' the case then you should go with it. But the only thing that i wold say before going for the Aria is check the A.S.S. As suggested by Vipul, meet some Aria owner and ask him about the A.S.S.

And if it's not satisfactory then i would recommend you to go with XUV 500. Since Mahindra has better A.S.S and wins the race in that area for sure.
All the Aria owners in my area told me that the vehicle has no issues at all. All of them satisfied. Service guys told me tht, there is no big issues found in the latest vehicles manufactured after May-2011. Bust basically the dealer is not much good. But i hope that i can manage it.

XUV :

+ Better A.S.S.
+ Better resale value
+ More features

- Waiting period
- Plastic quality

Aria :

+ Better ride quality
+ Better plastic quality

- Poor resale value
- Poor A.S.S.
- Spare parts availability is a big issue

Niggling issues are present in both. Take your pick.

I recommend the XUV, primarily since Aria is doing miniscule numbers and is almost on the verge of extinction.
Thanks for your input man. I finalised the Aria Pleasure. Now im using least selling model from TATA, Indigo Marina. I hope tata will not stop the vehicle. They can come up again from ashes as Nano does. I'm going to pay today just 10K token advance. I'll take delivery after 2 weeks.

Actually if i select XUV, i need to wait for months. But in my case the Aria is waiting for me. [clap][frustration]

Congrats for selecting the comfy cruiser justinsylas.
Wishing you very happy mile munching in your new car.And yes,the deal you got is also just a steal.
So which colour:White,Black or Maroon(In Skoda its Rosso Brunello)??
BTW,black Aria looks best to me.

Thread Starter #22
Congrats bro. Which colour are you selecting? Aria looks awesome in white and that maroonish red...
Congrats for selecting the comfy cruiser justinsylas.
Wishing you very happy mile munching in your new car.And yes,the deal you got is also just a steal.
So which colour:White,Black or Maroon(In Skoda its Rosso Brunello)??
BTW,black Aria looks best to me.
I took Black

1.85 L Discount
Free Accessories
(
Alloys : 8K x 5 = 40,000
Teflon = 3,110
Rev. Horn = 275
Rust coating = 2,651
Seat Cover = 12,000
Mud flop = 750
Body cover = 1,550
Extended warranty = 7,500 (4th year / 150000KMS)
Rear view camera with display : 7,000
)

I'm very happy with the purchase. Im taking delivery by 2nd Aug.

My dealer has lot of original accessories list. i'll get the pricelist by tomorrow.

i have one small question. Can i change the stack MID display screen to multi color display?

-justin

Last edited:
Congrat's on your Aria buddy, I don't think you change the display of MID even though if you can do it i guess that will void the warranty.

Thread Starter #24
Congrat's on your Aria buddy, I don't think you change the display of MID even though if you can do it i guess that will void the warranty.
oh. ok. thats bad. I need to install a reverse parking camera with display. The dealer not recommend the rearview-mirroe-cum-display as the fitting is not proper. i dont like to place display in the dash. bcos the Pleasure model comes with indash airbags. is there any fold-able display available?

I have another doubt, The dealer quoting 2L for registration+handling+temp+tax+misc. Is it reasonable? or should i do the registration myself?

oh. ok. thats bad. I need to install a reverse parking camera with display. The dealer not recommend the rearview-mirroe-cum-display as the fitting is not proper. i dont like to place display in the dash. bcos the Pleasure model comes with indash airbags. is there any fold-able display available?

I have another doubt, The dealer quoting 2L for registration+handling+temp+tax+misc. Is it reasonable? or should i do the registration myself?
Reg and tax fee varies from state to state so i advice you check your local RTO website,
Regards to fold able display for reverse camera there are bucket loads of product's available in the market, just browse through internet that should solve your problem.

dealer quoting 2L for registration+handling+temp+tax+misc. Is it reasonable? or should i do the registration myself?
In Kerala road tax is 10% for a car between 10 lacs to 15 lacs.

Whats the Invoice value (Ex show room price) of your car?

Handling and misc could be around Rs 12000.

If Ex showroom price is 12 lacs, then
Road tax - Rs 120000, Insurance - Rs 33000

So total charges should not exceed 1.7 lacs

Thread Starter #28
Go ahead with the camera that clips onto the interior RVM. No problems in fitting. I have one in my Punto - its from Autocop.
But the dealer saying that the clip used in the device is not good, so it'll fall after some KMs. So im just confused now.

In Kerala road tax is 10% for a car between 10 lacs to 15 lacs.

Whats the Invoice value (Ex show room price) of your car?

Handling and misc could be around Rs 12000.

If Ex showroom price is 12 lacs, then
Road tax - Rs 120000, Insurance - Rs 33000

So total charges should not exceed 1.7 lacs
Actually i'm taking vehicle in tamilnadu as we are relocating. Tax in tamilnadu 15% above 10L.

Ex-showroom price : 13,41,000
Road tax + handling : 2,01,000
Insurance : 37,800

[frustration]

Reg and tax fee varies from state to state so i advice you check your local RTO website,
Regards to fold able display for reverse camera there are bucket loads of product's available in the market, just browse through internet that should solve your problem.
In tamilnadu 15%. now only i knew that.

Attachments

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom