Choose from Tata Aria Pleasure and XUV 5OO W6 FWD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread Starter #1
I'm planning to buy a big vehicle from an indian company for less than 14L OTR. I short listed Tata Aria Pleasure and XUV 5OO W6 FWD. My nearby dealer ready to give 1.75L discount including exchange bonus for Aria Pleasure. Kindly advice me a better option as both are priced similar.

thanks in advance,
-justin

Make Sure if the aria being offered is a 2011 or a 2012 model. If its a 2011 model you could try to bargain a bit more and get him to change all the tyres, battery, and oils of the vehicle beforehand.

If its a 2012 model try to bargain more ;)

Well,buddy though I am an Aria fan as compared to XUV but in your case I'd recommend Mahindra XUV 500 W6.
On Aria you are getting 1.75 lac discount 'including' exchange bonus.Secondly many Tata A.S.S. are not matured enough to deal with issues in Aria,while Mahindras offer better A.S.S. than Tata and the XUV feels more fun to drive too.

If Aria would have been 1-1.5 lac more cheaper then I'd have recommended Aria Prestige,but now its XUV.

Thread Starter #5
Make Sure if the aria being offered is a 2011 or a 2012 model. If its a 2011 model you could try to bargain a bit more and get him to change all the tyres, battery, and oils of the vehicle beforehand.

If its a 2012 model try to bargain more ;)
Its for 2012 Model. I'm bargain for 2+L discount. For 2011 model, thy are offering one more lakh discount.

Well,buddy though I am an Aria fan as compared to XUV but in your case I'd recommend Mahindra XUV 500 W6.
On Aria you are getting 1.75 lac discount 'including' exchange bonus.Secondly many Tata A.S.S. are not matured enough to deal with issues in Aria,while Mahindras offer better A.S.S. than Tata and the XUV feels more fun to drive too.

If Aria would have been 1-1.5 lac more cheaper then I'd have recommended Aria Prestige,but now its XUV.
Stick to XUV buddy as you will get better ASS and support from Mahindra.
One of my known ASS guy told me that all the problems in the 2011 models are fixed. More over one of my friend has XUV. He is not satisfied with the material used and the quality as his vehicle starts rattling noise after 5K Kms more over he faced clutch issues and some electronics failure.

But my wife thinks that, XUV has more feature list than Aria pleasure.
XUV W6 has Cruise control, automatic wiper, auto headlights and ACC. But what im not very comfortable with the looks of exterior, plastic quality, 2nd and 3rd row seating arrangements, etc.

are Aria complaints rectified completely in new models?

you would have to check the service area of the two, preferably have a one to one talk with the end customers for feedback on their vehicle.

i have met some XUV owners and they seems rather satisfied by the attention M & M gives to its XUV customers.

Thread Starter #8
you would have to check the service area of the two, preferably have a one to one talk with the end customers for feedback on their vehicle.

i have met some XUV owners and they seems rather satisfied by the attention M & M gives to its XUV customers.
Out of ASS, how you rate them both with features and safety sides.?

what i think now is...
Aria is very much superior than XUV in ref to what aria has. But XUV has unended options over ARIA spec.
Cruise control, autowiper, auto headlight, ACC, etc, etc.

My basic question is should i opt for best in class interior quality or unended feature list. Comparatively both vehicles has issues, both of them trying to help the customers.

Out of ASS, how you rate them both with features and safety sides.?
i cant be the judge since i have not met with any ARIA owners,maybe funny because i havent seen that many Arias on road [lol]

what i think now is...
Aria is very much superior than XUV in ref to what aria has. But XUV has unended options over ARIA spec.
Cruise control, autowiper, auto headlight, ACC, etc, etc.

My basic question is should i opt for best in class interior quality or unended feature list. Comparatively both vehicles has issues, both of them trying to help the customers.
again depends on what you prefer, some like the styling Of M &M , some hate it.

some like the face of Aria , some feel it looks MUV type .

some have good stories of aria to tell, some worse for aria , though that would be on another forum.

so its a personal choice really.

but in terms of resale value , you would be much better off in an XUV than an Aria.

Thread Starter #10
again depends on what you prefer, some like the styling Of M &M , some hate it.

but in terms of resale value , you would be much better off in an XUV than an Aria.
Actually i dont like the styling of XUV. But i liked the simplicity of ARIA.
But the XUV features list not allow me to goahead with ARIA. [frustration]

Yes. Mahindra vehicles has better resale value.

I dont care about the tyretronics, auto wiper and auto headlight. But the cruise control and ACC is very much needed i think.

New Update : Aria dealer gave me a new offer as 1.7L + Alloys + Body Cover + basic Kits + Body wash and cleaning for few months.

Last edited by a moderator:
Actually i dont like the styling of XUV. But i liked the simplicity of ARIA.
But the XUV features list not allow me to goahead with ARIA.
Buddy,this comment of yours gave me enough confidence to say "Go for Aria" then.I too love the Aria and no doubt the XUV feels nowhere near to Aria in terms of overall comfort,its really the most comfy cruiser in the segment right now.Also the planted high speed dynamics make it a fantastic mile muncher too.
And yes,I too like plain and simple styles and hence I am also in the list of aria lovers.

Yes. Mahindra vehicles has better resale value.
This is a head vs heart now,if you want the car for short term then its XUV but if you want the car for 5 years or more than you may happily go for Aria.I take everything practically but cars are always bought with slight emotions and hence even with very high running(both cars easily cover 6-8k kms per month when combined)I still opt for at least one petrol car.
If resale value is a sole concern then go for XUV,else Aria is the car for you.

I dont care about the tyretronics, auto wiper and auto headlight. But the cruise control and ACC is very much needed i think.
It looks like someone else also thinks just like me.I too like the car,not the features or say added cosmetics to make it look beautiful.Its like you say "I like good looking simple girls more than the ones who have got a cosmetic make-up".

New Update : Aria dealer gave me a new offer as 1.7L + Alloys + Body Cover + basic Kits + Body wash and cleaning for few months.
It looks like the dealer is a bit too much hell bent towards selling this car.
Can you get the VIN of the car?If yes,then you can inquire about the VIN in the thread:-
http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/forums/automotive-library/521-decoding-vehicle-identification-number-vin-54.html
This will give you exact details about the manufacturing etc of the car.
Secondly I think,you can extract some more offers form the dealer if you go for a hard bargain,maybe this is a not-to-loose chance.
Five months back,I was also searching for a car and I found that the dealer here had a good black Aria and offered me the car for a price lower than even 15 lacs.
Rest you can find a brief comparo between both the cars as well as some complains etc etc are discussed here:
http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/forums/indian-auto-news/6056-why-aria-failed-take-off-but-xuv-did.html

Thread Starter #13
Buddy,this comment of yours gave me enough confidence to say "Go for Aria" then.I too love the Aria and no doubt the XUV feels nowhere near to Aria in terms of overall comfort,its really the most comfy cruiser in the segment right now.Also the planted high speed dynamics make it a fantastic mile muncher too.
And yes,I too like plain and simple styles and hence I am also in the list of aria lovers.
I feel the same.

This is a head vs heart now,if you want the car for short term then its XUV but if you want the car for 5 years or more than you may happily go for Aria.I take everything practically but cars are always bought with slight emotions and hence even with very high running(both cars easily cover 6-8k kms per month when combined)I still opt for at least one petrol car.
If resale value is a sole concern then go for XUV,else Aria is the car for you.
I'll keep the car more than 7 years for sure.

It looks like the dealer is a bit too much hell bent towards selling this car.
Can you get the VIN of the car?If yes,then you can inquire about the VIN in the thread:-
http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/forums/automotive-library/521-decoding-vehicle-identification-number-vin-54.html
This will give you exact details about the manufacturing etc of the car.
Secondly I think,you can extract some more offers form the dealer if you go for a hard bargain,maybe this is a not-to-loose chance.
Five months back,I was also searching for a car and I found that the dealer here had a good black Aria and offered me the car for a price lower than even 15 lacs.
I'll try to get the VIN number tomorrow to check the thins. I'm bargaining more on Dec-2011 vehicle with 2.7L discount (2L cash discount + 70K accessories). But they told me that the car was billed to dealer 28th Dec 2011. And also thy 'll register the car as 2012 model. Is it ok and good?

Rest you can find a brief comparo between both the cars as well as some complains etc etc are discussed here:
http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/forums/indian-auto-news/6056-why-aria-failed-take-off-but-xuv-did.html
Very nice comparo. Its very useful. I hope i can convince my wife towards ARIA. Today my wife (5'10") sat in the last row while test drive. She told me that its more or less comfortable and even has good support after move the second row full forward. She is 80% convinced now towards ARIA.

You are too inclined toward's Aria, if you like Aria then you should go for it, what the heck we only live once.
I hope i'll go for ARIA. but my wife needs cruise control and ACC. But i dont have that much money to invest on Aria Pride. Anyway i'll finalise the things tomorrow.

^^Only advise I'll give you before going for Aria is to find and meet at least 2 more Aria owners from your place or the ones who are taking the service of the A.S.S. at your place and talk to them about the A.S.S. and how they rectify the issues,because if the A.S.S. is bad then they will make your ownership experience a nightmare.

I feel the same.

I'll try to get the VIN number tomorrow to check the thins. I'm bargaining more on Dec-2011 vehicle with 2.7L discount (2L cash discount + 70K accessories). But they told me that the car was billed to dealer 28th Dec 2011. And also thy 'll register the car as 2012 model. Is it ok and good?

that is some BS.

even if the car is to be registered as in 2012 at the RTO , the RC book will mention its manufacture as dec 2011.

that is the reason we see many companies launch attractive schemes during the dec of every year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom