Chill Ford Figo 1.4 Titanium

Oh gosh 50psi? Din you feel the ride to be harsh and bumpy? And even if its meant to be fully loaded all the time i think the maximum tyre pressure recommended will be 32psi!

Ya, I meant puncture, it was pun intended. [:D].

Surprisingly the handling was not at all affected. It could be that they were testing the puncture fix and might have over inflated and kept for some time to see if the bonding is fine. They might have forgotten to deflate it later.

It was actually done by the service guys or the place where they got the puncture fixed. I get the tyre pressure checked every 10 days when I visit for fuel topup. My usual place is the HP petrol station on ring road between J P Nagar 5th Phase and 3rd Phase.
Hi Jammy,

I am planning to buy Ford figo 1.4 duratorq titanium, Could you please let us know how much mileage you are getting now after your first service.
According to me 14 Kpl in city is not good for diesel car [confused] as swift is giving 18 kpl in city and 21 on highway.

Regards,

Nik

Hi Jammy,

I am planning to buy Ford figo 1.4 duratorq titanium, Could you please let us know how much mileage you are getting now after your first service.
According to me 14 Kpl in city is not good for diesel car [confused] as swift is giving 18 kpl in city and 21 on highway.

Regards,

Nik
Ford Figo is giving 16-17 KM/lit in City and 20 on highways to many people across forum. The thing is how you put load on accelerator and maintain RPM. 1.4L diesel is proven engine and even Fiesta and Ikon gives more milege than 14 so defiantly Figo will give more.

Ford Figo is giving 16-17 KM/lit in City and 20 on highways to many people across forum. The thing is how you put load on accelerator and maintain RPM. 1.4L diesel is proven engine and even Fiesta and Ikon gives more milege than 14 so defiantly Figo will give more.
Thanks for your prompt reply Knightrider....
One thing more, actually I have seen that lot of people are complaining about Figo like tyre problem, rear wiper not working etc etc... Is it something that Ford has not tested their vehicles well before launching them into the market. I have not seen a single forum where single person is happy with the product and he/she is not having any problem till date.

Regards,

Nik

I think Figo does give 14-15 KMPL in city. Highway it will be much higher.

And about the tyre issue, I beleive this issue was there in initial batch vehicles, and they have changed for all the customers.

Thanks for your prompt reply Knightrider....
One thing more, actually I have seen that lot of people are complaining about Figo like tyre problem, rear wiper not working etc etc... Is it something that Ford has not tested their vehicles well before launching them into the market. I have not seen a single forum where single person is happy with the product and he/she is not having any problem till date.

Regards,

Nik
In such case their is not single car which people do not complaint. The Tyre can be replaced at any time. for rear wiper not working their might be some issue but hope Ford will rectify it soon.
Their are lot of Ford customer happy about their cars. Even it was my 2nd choice before buying Punto 2 months back.

I think Figo does give 14-15 KMPL in city. Highway it will be much higher.

And about the tyre issue, I beleive this issue was there in initial batch vehicles, and they have changed for all the customers.
Now again there is a mismatch in the figures, RSM is saying that it gives 14-15 KPL in city and Knightrider is saying that it gives 16-17 KPL in city.
Can you guys tell why there is a difference ????

Regards,

Nik

Hi Nik! I can't really understand why you're so concerned about the miniscule difference in the above stated mileage. I mean when its a diesel, a kpl up or down hardly matters! And moreover, it doesn't matter what car you're driving, it depends on HOW you are driving. I know newbie drivers who are getting 12-13 kpl from their Nanos! If you try and drive as slowly and economically as possible, you'll extract maximum mileage from the Figo's engine (17-18 kpl). If you try to drive enthusiastically (like a boy racer), you'll naturally get lower mileage figures (14-15 kpl). Here is a video that I think will help solve your dilemma. TopGear show that when driven economically, a BMW M3 (4.0L, 414 bhp V8 engine) can be more fuel-efficient than an enthusiastically driven Prius (1.5L 4-cylinder petrol).
YouTube - Prius More Enviromentally Damaging Than BMW M3

Now again there is a mismatch in the figures, RSM is saying that it gives 14-15 KPL in city and Knightrider is saying that it gives 16-17 KPL in city.

Regards,

Nik
It again all boils how you drive. Same car one can pull 16-17 and another will manage 12-13. In the morning when i came to office. I today intentionally kept my Punto rpm below 2000 rpm. (1500-1700) and i managed 17Km/lit. But In my normal driving as I am bit spirited and do not kept watch on RPM meter. I will see the road and kept running. I manage 13.5. Now funny thing is if you see average speed for both time their would be hardly 5km/hr difference. My point is one can not tell how much average car will give guarantee.

Thread Starter #100

Regards,

Nik
@Nik, Sorry for the late reply. As KnightRider mentioned, it all depends on the driving style. But I have not seen anybody reporting 16-17 with Figo, atleast not on this forum.
Regarding the complaints, fingers crossed, I have not found these issues on my car. As for Ford, they have done some extensive testing of Figo for Indian conditions. Ford have their own test roads at their facility in Chennai where they test one or two cars from every batch extensively. Figo has its own pros and cons just like any other car. The more we drive it more you learn how to handle it.

But I agree with Amaan about the mileage. I am happy even if I get around 15 but I did not buy Figo for its mileage anyway.

Frankly, just because my car gives me 2 kmpl less, I won't starting hating it. If you are going for Figo, assume a mileage of 14-15 and if you get more than that it is always bonus.

Regarding no Figo owner being happy about their car, it might just be you view. For statistics, 16,000 figos sold with another 21,000 figos in the making. These figures are from inside Ford from one of my friend's friend. I guess if people were not happy the numbers would not be like this, would it?
For a fact, I am very happy with my car. [:)]

Last edited:
Going for petrol Figo EXI - Chill metalic

Hello,

This is my first post. I hope this is not out of place.
Jammy D, Its a very interesting read of your post and hence decided immediately to join this community.

After a lot of mental struggle and sleepless nights, I have decided to go for Figo EXI - petrol- Chill Metallic.

I am buying the same from Metro Bangalore.

I noticed that my neighbor's Figo doesn't have the variant name badge. Doesn't it comes only in lower versions of Figo? Because I can see that Jammy's car has the "Titanium" Badge on rear bottom left.

Drive Safe,
350Z
I do agree with JammyD.
The TDCi logo is fitted below the FIGO in the Diesel version of FIGO. If no logo below the "FIGO", then it is a Petrol version.

regarding the Variants. I have noticed some differences, which i will share with all of you..

To identify the variants by seeing the vehicle.

1. For Titanium variant : there will be Titanium logo on the rear left of the Hatch door.

2. Go near the Car and look in to the driver side window. if you can find out the ORVM joystick, and in the right end of the dashboard, if you find the boot open button - it is ZXI Variant.

3. If you find the front Power windows available and no ORVM joystick and no MP3 Player - then it is a EXI Variant.

4. If there are no front power windows - this is a LXI Variant.

Guys, this is as per my observation. correct me if i am wrong.

Last edited by a moderator:
can anyone confirm if ford figo s all services ( 1, 2nd & 3rd ) services r they paid

heard that ford figo s all services are paid i mean 1st 2nd & 3rd
1st service 1700 RS any figo owners pls put up service costs of ford figo(DIESEL) & what s the oil change interval

Thread Starter #105
I will be reaching the 1 year ark in a month's time and will have my Figo go through its second service. Will post the details once it is done.

Top Bottom