Chevy Launches Cruze Automatic

Thread Starter #1
General Motors launched its D-segment sedan model Chevrolet Cruze earlier this year. The model was well-received by the Indian customers and it has been doing well. Now General Motors is planning to launch its automatic transmission model in next few months. “Our automatic transmission variants of the existing models are delivering good volumes and we would like to extend the same our newly-launched Cruze model,” said P Balendran, Vice President, GM India.

General Motors has not revealed any official information about the launch date but according to the rumors on auto forums the launch date is post Delhi Auto Expo 2010, sometime in third week of January. One of the main reasons attributed for the delayed launch is General Motors intends to highlight its biggest launch Chevrolet Beat at the Auto Expo. It intends to keep the limelight on its small car models.

The expected price of the model is above Rs 11 lakh and more details including technical specifications will be available only when the mode is officially launched.

Automatic transmission models in India are quickly gaining popularity especially with women drivers. Urban car drivers are also opting for AT models for convenient city driving full of congested roads and traffic jams. Nearly every automaker is introducing AT variants of its popular models. Maruti recently launch AT variant of SX4 in India.

source - cartradeindia.com

I personally welcome this move from GM.

Cruze is really aggressive car & losses in competetion because of Manual Gears which is hard to drive in city traffic.

Now it will give close competetion to Laura!

Great move by GM. This time they are making serious things. Laura will surely be dented a bit by this act of GM. But i dont see many Cruze on roads.

Laura will win handsdown when compared to Jetta & Cruze!

Just simply sensible car in the Budget :)

As I said already, Many will not trust American brands & they will not invest 14+ lakhs! Most prefer for German or Japanese cars :)

350Z

Core Team
This is the quick move by General Motors, Cruze with Automatic Gearbox is coming much before than our expectations. GM has hold Indian Auto Market's Nerves and taking steps wisely. Cruze is just another Value For Money Package what it missed yet was an Auto Transmission which would be soon full-filled.Also, The pricing of anywhere around 11 Lakhs is considerable for customer looking for car in this segment.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Well I told you guys about the launch of the Cruze Auto at the expo when I wrote my report on the car!So no surprises there!It won't be like a proper launch but the car would be in showrooms by the second week of Jan.It has a 6 speed auto transmission.11 lakhs is too less for the auto!expect a higher price!

@akash & zinam-the cruze has been a runaway success for GM!In its debut month,the car sold 814 units in just 15 days!In Nov. it sold 518 and that was because of production problems at the GM factory.In both Oct & Nov. Laura sold 407 and 330 units respectively.So the Cruze leads with quite a good margin!!

350Z

Core Team
When the Chevrolet Cruze's Base variant pricing starts from nearly Rs.12Lakhs on road, How come Auto Transmission cost only Rs.11 Lakhs. Considerable Price Increase of Rs.60,000 is expected.

Drive Safe,
350Z

When the Chevrolet Cruze's Base variant pricing starts from nearly Rs.12Lakhs on road, How come Auto Transmission cost only Rs.11 Lakhs. Considerable Price Increase of Rs.60,000 is expected.

Drive Safe,
350Z
The 11lacs figure is just the expected price and not the official quote. I dont think the Auto Cruze will cost any less than 13lacs, the manual base version being 12lac on road. Also after the price hike the manual's price will go up further.

Thread Starter #10
The 11lacs figure is just the expected price and not the official quote. I dont think the Auto Cruze will cost any less than 13lacs, the manual base version being 12lac on road. Also after the price hike the manual's price will go up further.
Price hike is of only Rs.10-20k I guess. so automatic model will still be a VFM buy among other rivals.

3rd week of Jan is when the Cruze auto rolls out.It has reached dealers.A premium of 1 lakh over the manual,available only on the LTZ trim.Still is cheaper than the laura.Here is a video by Overdrive with the VP Sales and Marketing GM India.

[YT]teGOUCDeRjY[/YT]

350Z

Core Team
Cruze Automatic is going to launch today but no official news yet. OTR Mumbai price is said to be Rs.15,94,000 which takes it to almost Rs.16 lakhs. The Laura Ambiente AT's pricing is Rs.13,83,700 (Ex. Showroom Bombay) and VW Jetta Comfortline costs Rs.16,73,215.

Drive Safe,
350Z

The pricing seems a little high considering the price of the MT. But lets wait for the official news. If this is the confirmed price then i think Laura is the winner here!

350Z

Core Team
Laura with Direct Shift Gearbox is a winner over-all but the Skoda’s image which has been created in India may pull out the buyers from purchasing it.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Top Bottom