Chevrolet's New Spark Of Life Called Beat: Launched.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread Starter #1
GM India is coming out with its new hatchback for indian market which mostly seems to be named as Beat here.a new 1.2L petrol engine is expected to be launched in this model and this new car has a completely new contempnary rear door latch which is seen for the first time.

mods:unable to post pictures

350Z

Core Team
Chevrolet Beat to debut at Auto Expo

General Motors India (GMI) is planing to its minicar, the Chevrolet Beat at the 2010 Auto Expo at New Delhi in January. The Beat is based on the M300 platform and is the next-generation Spark in the overseas markets. However, in India, it will co-exist with the current Spark (based on the M200 platform). It will be rolled out from its Talegaon plant in Maharashtra. Nearly 20-25% of Beat’s production will be exported.

The Chevy Beat will be slightly bigger and a bit more expensive than the Chevrolet Spark already sold in India. The car will be powered by a 4 cylinder, 1.2L petrol unit producing 80bhp of power. A diesel-engined variant is expected to join the Beat line-up by end-2010. The Beat will be exported to Bangladesh, Nepal, Bhutan and Sri Lanka. Later, GMI is likely to start exporting this car to Europe and Asia Pacific region and also neighbouring countries like Bangladesh, Nepal, Bhutan and Sri Lanka.

350Z

Beat has a nice scope here. Hope GM not to repeat the same mistake of Spark by pricing higher and giving away rs. 50k discounts and affect resale value.

Thread Starter #7

The car will be powered by a 4 cylinder, 1.2L petrol unit producing 80bhp of power. A diesel-engined variant is expected to join the Beat line-up by end-2010.
350Z
this is what many are awaiting to see from GM, a good diesel engine which lacks its lineup from hatch to a sedan, nothing to offer in diesel then its optra and higher versions.Hope they price it perfectly to be able to achieve its market share.

Wow.. never seen a rear door handle like this. Looks futuristic. I do not understand why Chevrolet is not coming out with a diesel version of the UVA. I love the car, but petrol is just not suitable for me.

I think this will be the best looking car in the small car segment. To me it is just a matter of time before we see roads and highways flooded with the new Spark.

Thread Starter #13
yeah i knew this isnt all that impressive and autocarindia has got some pictures of interiors as well, that also didnt looked too impressive as expected.

General Motors India (GMI) is planing to its minicar, the Chevrolet Beat at the 2010 Auto Expo at New Delhi in January. The Beat is based on the M300 platform and is the next-generation Spark in the overseas markets. However, in India, it will co-exist with the current Spark (based on the M200 platform). It will be rolled out from its Talegaon plant in Maharashtra. Nearly 20-25% of Beat’s production will be exported.

The Chevy Beat will be slightly bigger and a bit more expensive than the Chevrolet Spark already sold in India. The car will be powered by a 4 cylinder, 1.2L petrol unit producing 80bhp of power. A diesel-engined variant is expected to join the Beat line-up by end-2010. The Beat will be exported to Bangladesh, Nepal, Bhutan and Sri Lanka. Later, GMI is likely to start exporting this car to Europe and Asia Pacific region and also neighbouring countries like Bangladesh, Nepal, Bhutan and Sri Lanka.

350Z
Just curious, Is this the same diesel engine (1.3 MJD) that Fiat manufactures and made available in Vista/Swift/Punto/Ritz or does Chevrolet have their own native engine?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom