Chevrolet's New Spark Of Life Called Beat: Launched.

Status
Not open for further replies.

350Z

Core Team
MINI Car to be called MATIZ in India!!

GM India’s new small car will not be called the Chevrolet Beat. Nor will it be called the Spark (which is the cars name globally). GM is planning to reignite the Matiz name in India with the Beat. The Matiz was a very popular car in India and GM wants to ride on the Matiz brand name. The car which will be launched at the 2010 Auto Expo will be powered by a 1.2L petrol powerplant with LPG and diesel variants following suit later.

:Source:

MINI Car to be called MATIZ in India!!

GM India’s new small car will not be called the Chevrolet Beat. Nor will it be called the Spark (which is the cars name globally). GM is planning to reignite the Matiz name in India with the Beat. The Matiz was a very popular car in India and GM wants to ride on the Matiz brand name. The car which will be launched at the 2010 Auto Expo will be powered by a 1.2L petrol powerplant with LPG and diesel variants following suit later.

:Source:
That's nice!! I have had friends who had Matiz for 7-8 years and all swear by this car (brand name lives!!). Car buyers are in for a bonanza interms of choices going forward, especially in the small car segment [:)]

Thread Starter #19
i just loved the looks. problem is - it is a GM. not everyone would be ready to take the risk.
i agree, but slowly GM has started getting market for spark, also people have started looking for this brand as well before purchase and have shown trust and belief in company which is a good thing for GM as well as india.
Well if its going to be Matiz once again,i dont really know the response for this model name again in market, looks good though.

WOW! Matiz is coming again! The car looks good to me, But It would have been better if it had at least 90 -to- 100 BHP power, along with a strategic pricing. Then it will be a considerable threat for most of the cars in the segment.

350Z

Core Team
I won't still mind buying any GM car currently considering the present situation.

But I can not really digest the news of the cute l'il Beat wearing Matiz Badge.
GM is going on wrong lane here, Many Indians may get confused because of the Matiz name, Also this can afftect its sales too!

Drive Safe!
350Z

my second car was matiz and i allways loved it.even spark is cute and this new matiz is just amazing.sad part is in india cars sell by their brand name.people are blindly buying expensive hondas.

I dont think so Vibhor!

Matriz has still got the craze really & for me, GM will again come round in charts for few years with its new car Matiz !!

350Z

Core Team
I dont think so Vibhor!

Matriz has still got the craze really & for me, GM will again come round in charts for few years with its new car Matiz !!
That is right Zinam but we all know very well what was the image of Daewoo in India and with what circumstraces it went off.

Drive Safe!
350Z

Thread Starter #26
i am not too sure of GM naming their new car Beat as matiz again for indian market, not a good idea IMOCarry on with Beat name and bring on the car here.No doubt matiz was loved by many people but then daewoo going down and woos to owners are still present and this might affect the new buyers going for all new matiz once again.

350Z

Core Team
@Black Beauty,

Yes, Its just behind the Rear Window Glass. I've highlighted it in the image:

Drive Safe!
350Z

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom