Chevrolet Spark Modification & Accessories

Just suggestion from my side. Air filter and oil filters are not costly items but their quality matters. So I'd suggest you to get them replaced at ASC. Good quality cabin filter will cost 900-1000 rs at ASC. you may buy it from any local shop at a cheaper rate.

Thread Starter #469
Nowadays, we are getting spare parts online. Are they OEM/original spec? Has anyone tried out spare parts for Chevy Spark?
Amazon.in: chevrolet spark - Car Parts: Car & Motorbike
I have never tried.

Do not know. but when I feel such kind of important parts (break pads, filters etc) its better to do with Authorised service centres. Other things like OVRM etc you can buy here.

Just a suggestion.

For all Chevy owners, chevrolet is offering service camp from 9th to 14th April

West Bengal, Orissa, Bihar, Jharkhand, Assam & North East states: 9th to 13th April, 2015
Rest of India: 10th to 14th April, 2015

Below are the services offered:

Comprehensive 80 point free checkup
Attractive discounts on labor & parts
Discounts on extended warranty
Free car-top wash
Special discounts for cars aged more than 3 years
Free evaluation & exchange scheme of old Chevrolet cars

More information:

I have never tried.

Do not know. but when I feel such kind of important parts (break pads, filters etc) its better to do with Authorised service centres. Other things like OVRM etc you can buy here.

Just a suggestion.
After free services were over, I have never taken my Sparky to the ASC.
Have serviced it only outside, mostly at Raghav's Ignite or Bosch Ramapuram. Changed many parts including brake pads, Clutch assembly, clutch release bearing, Ac evaporator (cooling) coil, clutch cable, spark plugs etc.
Sparky enjoying this treatment at 40,000K and 6 years [:)]
Got this today from Amazon Chevrolet High Performance Replacement Engine Oil Filter Assembely for Spark: Amazon.in: Car & Motorbike

Some other sites selling spares online.
Chevrolet Car Spares Parts
</title> <title data-ng-if="$state.current.data.pageTitle" data-ng-bind="$state.current.data.pageTitle">
100% Authentic Spare Parts only FIAT & TATA spares

Last edited:
Thread Starter #472
After free services were over, I have never taken my Sparky to the ASC.
Have serviced it only outside, mostly at Raghav's Ignite or Bosch Ramapuram. Changed many parts including brake pads, Clutch assembly, clutch release bearing, Ac evaporator (cooling) coil, clutch cable, spark plugs etc.
Sparky enjoying this treatment at 40,000K and 6 years [:)]
Got this today from Amazon Chevrolet High Performance Replacement Engine Oil Filter Assembely for Spark: Amazon.in: Car & Motorbike

Some other sites selling spares online.
Chevrolet Car Spares Parts
</title> <title data-ng-if="$state.current.data.pageTitle" data-ng-bind="$state.current.data.pageTitle">
100% Authentic Spare Parts only FIAT & TATA spares
Mine is also completed 3 years. and crossed 27k. but somehow do not have much currage to take it outside or I did not yet met a Mech to my satisfaction.

I live near Chinmaya nagar.

GM to recall 1,55,000 vehicles in India to fix wiring trouble.
The company has found inconsistent performance of the remote keyless entry accessory in its Chevrolet Spark, Beat and Enjoy vehicles that were reportedly fitted with the faulty accessory.
The recall is only for the vehicles fitted with remote keyless entry accessory made by component maker AutoCop. GM is recalling the vehicles as the defective battery wiring can cause a short circuit with the potential risk of fire. An official at the company added that GM had found a potential wiring fault that could make the accessory malfunction and lock customers out.The battery wiring harness will be modified free of cost at designated centers and it will take approximately two hours for the process.

Have any Spark owners received any communication from GM India?

source: ET and BT

Thread Starter #477
GM to recall 1,55,000 vehicles in India to fix wiring trouble.
The company has found inconsistent performance of the remote keyless entry accessory in its Chevrolet Spark, Beat and Enjoy vehicles that were reportedly fitted with the faulty accessory.
The recall is only for the vehicles fitted with remote keyless entry accessory made by component maker AutoCop. GM is recalling the vehicles as the defective battery wiring can cause a short circuit with the potential risk of fire. An official at the company added that GM had found a potential wiring fault that could make the accessory malfunction and lock customers out.The battery wiring harness will be modified free of cost at designated centers and it will take approximately two hours for the process.

Have any Spark owners received any communication from GM India?

source: ET and BT
No. Might be because of mine is not with remote keyless entry.

Thread Starter #478
Guys,

My current Audio system is 4 years old. Its giving lot of problem now a days. Mode changes from usb to cd to FM to Aux automatically. It sucks sometimes. I felt need of changing the audio system during my recent solo tirupathi trip. Felt bored without audio (or listening to same song again and again from CD).

Details about my existing audio are here.

This time am planing for 2D in System. Found couple of HUs online. Do not know how it would be. Do I need to measure the available provision and then order one or just order and fix it.

Pioneer AVH-179DVD/XNID Car Media Player (Rs.11560)
avh-179dvd-xnid-pioneer-400x400-imae76gsg7hy2hrs.jpeg

JVC KW-V11 Car Media Player (Rs.11413)
kw-v11-jvc-400x400-imae55d3g2ph8mnp.jpeg

And I would like to change the speakers also. mainly I need to buld a custom parcel trey and put the read speakers on both side. As of not it is same sire due to the spare wheel in backside of rear seat.

Guys,

My current Audio system is 4 years old. Its giving lot of problem now a days. Mode changes from usb to cd to FM to Aux automatically.

The player is fine, it is because of dust between the player keys and the board below it . Getting it cleaned will be rectify the problem.

Thread Starter #480
The player is fine, it is because of dust between the player keys and the board below it . Getting it cleaned will be rectify the problem.
That is a good suggestion. Let me check is there any local service center where I can check it.

But still thinking of changing the system.

Top Bottom