Chevrolet Spark Modification & Accessories

Are you sure about this? Mine was LS varient and I do not know at that time. But My car was without sun control film for 3 months [oct 2011 to dec 2011, fixed the film only by jan 2012] and I was not comfortable with that.
I am sure Sethu. According to their website, all spark models are equipped with tinted glass. Posting a pic for your reference.

Attachments

I am sure Sethu. In their website too all spark models are equipped with tinted glass. Posting a pic for your reference.
I hope, these days all car brands are supplying their cars with tinted glasses, but how much is that tint they are doing is the question[confused] will be sufficient that we do not need to use any sun film on that ??

Thread Starter #63
@Kannan
Good to see your DIY works
Here are my answers for your querries

6. If we are able to drive the power LEDs successfully then we can bring a revolution in low-cost, energy efficient automotive lighting. please share your experiments too.
Lets start a new thread for LED Projects
[thumbswink] yes let me be also part of that.

K. Shantanu, Kannan and Lucas[ Gurus who are in this thread, there are lot of other gurus also]

I am going to buy a small PCB board and some LEDs and try assembling a LED unit.

Already I have the soldering unit and paste. I think I might need to get lead alone.

For that Iam planing to do the following.

• Buy PCB board from electrical / electronics shop [ dont know which one try the both]
  • Buy around 20 to 30 LEDs in [ Mixed colors or as per attached sample at the bottom of the post]
  • Solder it [dont know what design blah blah and all]
  • Create a LED unit which could have around 20 to 30 LEDs

Now pls clarify the following doubts of mine..
  • how do i test whether it is working or not?
  • Do I have to check after every LED connected/soldered to the unit?
  • What will happend if I accidently connected +ive of one LED with +ive of another LED
  • if we have a LED unit of 20 to 30 will we able to use that as booty light in my sparky?

Last edited:
I hope, these days all car brands are supplying their cars with tinted glasses, but how much is that tint they are doing is the question[confused] will be sufficient that we do not need to use any sun film on that ??
That's the point. Though they provide tint with 70% VLT it is not enough for Indian summer. [frustration]

Thread Starter #65
I am sure Sethu. According to their website, all spark models are equipped with tinted glass. Posting a pic for your reference.
oops. I think I have missed it. let me go and check today. But i do not know will it be visible since i have sun films on it.

Anyway thanks for the info, as Lucas said, that will no way sufficient for indian summer.

Dear Sethu Sir,
Regarding your DIY LED Light

1. Buy PCB board from electrical / electronics shop [ dont know which one try the both]
You will get these in electronics shop.

2. Buy around 20 to 30 LEDs in [ Mixed colors or as per attached sample at the bottom of the post]
You will have to take care of LED voltage as different colour LED consume different wattage/voltage

3. Solder it [dont know what design blah blah and all]
Design is your choice but you will have to connect four LED's in a series. Thus the design will be in multiples of 4

4. how do i test whether it is working or not?
After buying the LEDs test each one of them using a mobile battery. But before testing please post the pics and dimensions of the LED so that we can tell the voltage.

5. Do I have to check after every LED connected/soldered to the unit?
No need to check the LED's after connecting if you have already checked them

6. What will happend if I accidently connected +ive of one LED with +ive of another LED
The circuit will be wrong and none of the LED's will glow

7.if we have a LED unit of 20 to 30 will we able to use that as booty light in my sparky?
Yes sure

When you will buy soldering wire(tin) ask for Duke brand if available as its one of the best.

Thread Starter #67
friends forgot to attach the diagram of LED unit i am planing. color of LED will be as it in the diagram. or I might do a simple square one also.

led light sample.PNG

Nice design Sir,

The blue and whites will be connected in series of four. You may use a resistor for the red one, or may attach it to any one series.
I'll post the connections diagram soon.

Thread Starter #69
Dear Sethu Sir,
Regarding your DIY LED Light

2. Buy around 20 to 30 LEDs in [ Mixed colors or as per attached sample at the bottom of the post]
You will have to take care of LED voltage as different colour LED consume different wattage/voltage
Not able to understand. If possible pls provide some example.

3. Solder it [dont know what design blah blah and all]
Design is your choice but you will have to connect four LED's in a series. Thus the design will be in multiples of 4
Not able to understand.

After buying the LEDs test each one of them using a mobile battery. But before testing please post the pics and dimensions of the LED so that we can tell the voltage.
Do you mean to say simple connect the LED legs to mobile battery output? any specific instruction on how to use it?

When you will buy soldering wire(tin) ask for Duke brand if available as its one of the best.
Thanks

The blue and whites will be connected in series of four. You may use a resistor for the red one, or may attach it to any one series.
I'll post the connections diagram soon.
Yes, regarding this four in series I need some clarification Friend.

Thread Starter #70
Shantanu and others,

Four LEDs in series means is this?

Sample diagram I prepared for Four LED in series.

LED Sample.jpg

Pls note the series in which I have connected red light.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #72
What i meant here means, after forming LED in PCB how do I test in whole?

I got a PCB blank board and LEDs (total 22, White 10, Blue 10 and Red 2). I could n't upload the pictures so I downloaded from Google as sample and uploaded it.
Do I need to thin wires for any purpose?

PCB blank board
make-your-own-pcb-boards.jpg

LED
whiteLED.jpg

Now I want to know what to do. How to cut it into small pieces to fit only 20 LEDs. Anyway, you guys pls assume you are going to do something and list all the things.

HAhahaha, Sethu- one more DIY expert in making at TAI[clap]
Thanks for the compliment/apprciation. But dont include me to those experts I just started and am a scared DIYian.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #73
Friends,

This is what I have got.

PCB and Red,Blue and White LEDs 2.jpg

All the LED were in same color even though I got as

10 Nos of White
10 Nos of Blue
02 Nos of Red

But he shown me all [He used cmos battery] and it was glowing in color.

Sorry dint reply your pm .
Iam very naive in such DIY stuff . And to be honest I like the car as much stock as possible .but will wait to see the final result on your car [:)]

Hi Friends,

Yesterday I reached home around 7pm and after refreshment [Hot Somosa with coffee] I came to the parking lot for the task. Normally the tube light above my car will not be working most of the time. Luckily yesterday, my car was parked a car before where there was good lighting.

Thanking GOD I opened the hood and started to remove the head light assembly by unscrewing the two bolts. after removing the head light assembly, un screwed four plastic screws of bumper. and now I was able to remove the head light assembly out of the car for fixing the lights. Actually I had removed both Indicator bulb and parking bulb. But I was able to get only parking lamp in LED with 5 SMDs. So fixed the stock indicator bulb in its holder and LED in parking light. Checked the bulb before inserting it to the head light assembly and found it working perfectly and inserted the bulb and fixed the head light assembly.

Did the same for right side also. but struggled a lot adjust the assembly in right side. Might be the fender problem. But managed to fix it properly.

Some pictures I managed to get. Sorry about the quality since it was taken in mobile camera.
@ Sethu,
you are one determined person!. i cannot commit myself this much longer to do anything. you are really good, and dedicated too. i need to get things done in a jiffy. well your parking light power is very good. now your Spark stands out in a crowd, an eye turner in the night!

@ Lucas
thanks again for the photo. that was a nice information share, i guess all the cars will have this information, i have to check.

• Buy PCB board from electrical / electronics shop [ dont know which one try the both]
  • Buy around 20 to 30 LEDs in [ Mixed colors or as per attached sample at the bottom of the post]
  • Solder it [dont know what design blah blah and all]
  • Create a LED unit which could have around 20 to 30 LEDs

Now pls clarify the following doubts of mine..
  • how do i test whether it is working or not?
  • Do I have to check after every LED connected/soldered to the unit?
  • What will happend if I accidently connected +ive of one LED with +ive of another LED
  • if we have a LED unit of 20 to 30 will we able to use that as booty light in my sparky?
Good Sethu, you are good, If i plan something like this for next day, everything from the whether to availability of the items to traffic, everything will make blocks in my path. and at the end of the day if i am lucky to get everything, the full day will be spent!

@Shantanu
Great man, you are quick with your answers. please try your skills at the power LEDs also. as i said i have been trying for quite some time, now seeing all this i too have decided to re-vamp the old idea. I've got myself an aluminium piece which i will try to use as heat sink.
p.s. i do have heavy gauge aluminium, but to cut it i have to take it to some lathe. probably this weekend i will go to a friends store and get some SMD. but not sure the audit work going on the office is really tiring. hoping to get all your helps!

Top Bottom