Chevrolet Spark Modification & Accessories

Thread Starter #32
Visit toGP Road on hunt of LED bulbs

Hi guys,

Yesterday I was not able to post the stock bulb pictures. Pls find the pictures attached.

Indicator Stock Bulb for my Sparky
Stock Indicator Lamp.jpg

Parking Bulb for my Sparky
Stock Parking Light.jpg

I went to G.P. Road to hunt for LEDs. I think it was either failure or disappointed trip for the following reasons.

• If I go to Automobile spare parts shops they ask me to check with Car accessories shop and if ask them they are asking to check with Auto mobile spare parts shop.
  • After great hunt I could find only few shops having LEDs.
  • Those LEDs also like it is in loose from big pocket and every one has 5SMD LEDs only or the LEDs in which the SMDs in top not in sides.
  • The cost was only Rs.120 to Rs.240
  • Finally I got a pair of 5 SMDs White LED for Rs.150
  • Then I wanted to check after market Spark's OSRVM with indicator and ended up finding no shops deals with it.
  • And personally I felt that I got hurt in G.P. Road. They dont even bother you when you go asking for such small items. In one shop he said it is available. I said I need one or two pairs and i said I wanted to know the price before that. As soon I said that he said go to the next shop and get it. I felt like I was thrown out of the shop, his delivery of words was like that.

The LEDs I got for Rs.150
LED Bulb 5 SMD.jpg

Yesterday it was very late when I reached home so I thought I will fix it today and check.

And one more thing I have decided [70%] is let me do the electrical works as much as possible at Chevy dealer to avoid lot of problems. I dont know will I be able to follow this in all situations or not.

Based on the out TAI experts recommendations, upgrading the stock head light bulb is not recommended. In that case to get better light what I have to do?

I want better lighting for the following

• Front
  • Rear light when I take reverse.

For rear reverse light, as of now my reverse light is located in rear right assembly. All new spark has this setup, while the old spark has reverse light at the rear bumper at the bottom. Can I fix that reverse lamp? so that I will have two reverse lamps which will have brighter.

I wanted LED in the boot for that I thought of making myself with 9 or 12 LEDs and connect that to door ajar warning lamp. so when I open the any doors it will be on and off when I close it. I do not want to have a switch control over there.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #33
My god, Mr. Kannan you are floaded with information. Thanks for that. I still need some clearity on head light part. I want a brighter front illumnation. Dont know what to do if dont fix and upgrade to the stock one which is 60/55.

@Kannan, uploading a few pics of my spark with 70VLT Garware film for your reference. Hope it'll be useful.

Attachments

Sorry Sethu, I couldn't give you the details regarding OSRVM cover with LED indicators. I got the quote over the phone only. When I asked about the brand I was informed that it was GM genuine accessory.No brand name available. Still, when I'll visit the dealership next time I'll get the complete details and upload pics too.

Thread Starter #37
@Kannan, uploading a few pics of my spark with 70VLT Garware film for your reference. Hope it'll be useful.
Friend your sparky looks great man. tell me one thing. is it okie to have 70vlt garware film instead of regular sun control film since court has directed nothing should be sicked to the windows. even yesterday i saw so many cars where doing this kind of stickers [transparent]. and will it reduce the heat from sun?

@ Sethu i would suggest you to stick to the spec 60/55 for head lamp bulbs. Still within 60/55 limits options are available from philips india. Please visit this link: Philips Lighting, India
thanks. will it have brighter? What will happen if i have brighter fog lamps? hope if i got for fog lamps, they wont have the problems which our head light glass and reflector has like melting, glass cracking etc.

Friend, I visited the market and searched for after market OSRVM with indicators, but no use. If you could share the manufacturer name I can directly keep in touch with him and try to get it.

Thanks for the complement Sethu.

Well, regarding 70 VLT sunfilm, It may not be legal, but still if cops can see you clearly with all the windows rolled up, they may not bother to stop you. They are after real dark films. The whole thing is visibility. Yes, it reduces the heat to a bearable extent.

I won't suggest you to upgrade those small stock fog lamps as these are made of plastic too. So, better check for head lamp bulbs with different temperatures to suite your need within 60/55 range.

My personal choice is Extreme vision and Power2 night. Had them in my wagon R. Don't remember the price. Power2night looks great as it gives a blue eye effect to the headlamp unit even when it is off. but found extreme vision better for both city and highway. Have not replaced the stock bulbs of my Spark yet. And yes. these are brighter than stock bulbs.

Last edited:
Re: Visit toGP Road on hunt of LED bulbs

After searching few shops for LED bulbs I found a pair (9SMD)for Rs 300/- I decided not to buy it but make one myself. I had some spare LED strips at my home. 1 meter of non waterproof strip(60SMD LED) costs Rs 80/-

Presently I am testing the PCB for durability. Details of the final product will be posted soon.

DSCF2663.JPG
The LED Strip

DSCF2669.JPG
+ve and -ve terminal of the SMD LED

DSCF2673.JPG
A single SMD LED

DSCF2685.JPG
Soldered the SMD's on a PCB. I have used a thin tip soldering iron.
iron.jpg

DSCF2681.JPG
Sorry for the blurred pic

We can attach 5 SMD's in series for a 12v circuit.
Cost of one SMD Rs 1.30/- (if de-soldered from LED strip)
Cost of the PCB used for one bulb Rs 2/-
Cost of the solder wire/flux wires etc Rs 4/-

Total cost of a pair of DIY 5SMD bulbs will be Rs 30 appx.

I want better lighting for the following

• Front
  • Rear light when I take reverse.

For rear reverse light, as of now my reverse light is located in rear right assembly. All new spark has this setup, while the old spark has reverse light at the rear bumper at the bottom. Can I fix that reverse lamp? so that I will have two reverse lamps which will have brighter.

I wanted LED in the boot for that I thought of making myself with 9 or 12 LEDs and connect that to door ajar warning lamp. so when I open the any doors it will be on and off when I close it. I do not want to have a switch control over there.

For better lighting in the front, the only option is fog lamps or driving lamps. You can attach the driving lights in the bumper by the method I told you earlier.

For the rear illumination you will have to make some space in the rear bumper for the Round Lights of type-1 Spark. You can get a pair of 35W fog lamps fitted there. Or you can try some water-proof LED strips in the rear for reverse light.
Copy of Photo0568.jpg
This is the light of single LED strip. You can attach two to three strips in the rear.

Thread Starter #42

Well, regarding 70 VLT sunfilm, It may not be legal, but still if cops can see you clearly with all the windows rolled up, they may not bother to stop you. They are after real dark films. The whole thing is visibility. Yes, it reduces the heat to a bearable extent.

I won't suggest you to upgrade those small stock fog lamps as these are made of plastic too. So, better check for head lamp bulbs with different temperatures to suite your need within 60/55 range.

My personal choice is Extreme vision and Power2 night. Had them in my wagon R. Don't remember the price. Power2night looks great as it gives a blue eye effect to the headlamp unit even when it is off. but found extreme vision better for both city and highway. Have not replaced the stock bulbs of my Spark yet. And yes. these are brighter than stock bulbs.
Sorry for not asking this question in the preivous post itself. Pls mention the prices for 70vlt control film. As of now I have never been stoped for that. Main reason could be My driving is mostly in the evenings/nights. But once I get caught I have to rep them off and I dont want to feel the sun inside.

Regarding bulbs, I have gone thru the site. For me than looks, the effect is must. so I might also prefare extreme vision. Pls tell me do we have to have any additional parts for that. for example when i enquired for 100/95 a relay is required. Pls confirm. And pls let me know the approx cost so that I can plan accordingly whether to go for these or for Fog.

hope it will be better than the stock light.

Thread Starter #43
For better lighting in the front, the only option is fog lamps or driving lamps. You can attach the driving lights in the bumper by the method I told you earlier.
Shantanu, in the method you have mentioned to fix bulbs in bumper, i think we might need to drill and I do not know how it looks also. instead, do we have a any fog lamp which can hold a 100/95 bulb or any other brighter fog lamp in the provision provided by OEM.

For the rear illumination you will have to make some space in the rear bumper for the Round Lights of type-1 Spark. You can get a pair of 35W fog lamps fitted there. Or you can try some water-proof LED strips in the rear for reverse light.
View attachment 62803
This is the light of single LED strip. You can attach two to three strips in the rear.
Yes I have the same thing in my mind also. If you not my previous post I had mentioned the same. If possible we should fix the same rear fog lamp in rear bumper as it is found in type-1 in the bumper. But I do not know will there be provision for fitting or again we need to drill holes.

Will LED strips have that much power? Actually I have reverse camera in my sparky. It is good in the day time. But during night visibility is very less. That is the main reason Iam looking for brighter lights in the rear.

Pls find the Rear of sparkies
Type 1
chevrolet_spark_lpg_launch_rear.jpg
0901_02_z+2008_chevrolet_spark+rear_three_quarter_view.jpg

Type 2
chevrolet-spark-lpg-full-rear-view-119-1.jpg
chevrolet-spark-lpg-rear-angle-view-048-type2.jpg

Shantanu You have requested for rear light assembly. The following is the best I could get it. If you want the inside of the assembly, I will try to post it tommorow.
chevrolet-spark-lpg-taillight-044.jpg

Thread Starter #44

Sorry for not asking this question in the preivous post itself. Pls mention the prices for 70vlt control film. As of now I have never been stoped for that. Main reason could be My driving is mostly in the evenings/nights. But once I get caught I have to rep them off and I dont want to feel the sun inside.

Regarding bulbs, I have gone thru the site. For me than looks, the effect is must. so I might also prefare extreme vision. Pls tell me do we have to have any additional parts for that. for example when i enquired for 100/95 a relay is required. Pls confirm. And pls let me know the approx cost so that I can plan accordingly whether to go for these or for Fog.

hope it will be better than the stock light.

MODS I tried to avoid multiple posts, but some how I messed up with two replies to different posts.

Last edited:
The sun film did cost Rs.1700.
If you stick to the 60/55 spec there is no need of any relay. I don't remember the cost as I bought them along with many other parts. So, sorry can't help you here. BTW, you may get the price from any good parts shop.

Top Bottom