Chevrolet Spark Modification & Accessories

The price of aftermarket fogs is 600 for a pair, cost of switch and wiring would be extra.

My contact in the wholesale market says that is not OEM but locally manufactured, with plastic casing and everything. It is supposed to be water proof unless there is some cracked or something.

I am definitely getting a pair [:)]

Thread Starter #424
The price of aftermarket fogs is 600 for a pair, cost of switch and wiring would be extra.

My contact in the wholesale market says that is not OEM but locally manufactured, with plastic casing and everything. It is supposed to be water proof unless there is some cracked or something.

I am definitely getting a pair [:)]
Suku, after fitting give us your feedback. And if it works good, pls get me a pair also.

And also check prices for OVRM with Indicators

Got clarification today. I had the incomplete picture yesterday.

Cost of plastic body fogs for a pair is 600
Cost of metal body and glass lens is 850
Cost of wiring kit is 800 (was unaware yesterday)
Cost if switch 130
Labour charges for installation would be extra.

I am going for the metal body one.
My total expenditure would be 1780 + labour.

My spark plugs are also due for replacement.
The stock ones are normal copper ones which cost 160 per piece and has a gap of 1.1mm. I am going for NGK G-Power platinum plugs which cost 220 per peice (got them for 850) and have a gap of 1mm. Spark manual says a gap of 1 to 1.1mm is allowed. It is supposed to help in efficiency and will last longer than stock.

Sethu sir, ORVM's are not available here. I got my LHS ORVM from Chevy A$$.
That's a different story, the MRP on the box for a ORVM was 590, but they charged me 800. Had a nice argument, and showed them the proof (pic of MRP sticker) and then got it revised.

Last edited:
I would suggest going for OEM fogs because the after market fog itself is for name sake that you can say I too have a fog lamp in muy car. It is very dull and the inner reflector is not of good quality it reflects very badly.

Thread Starter #428
@suku, Thank you for the info.

@kinky, Ya we all now the OEM would be better. But they are charging like anything. Some times they also put some local made and charge heavily.

@suku, Thank you for the info.

@kinky, Ya we all now the OEM would be better. But they are charging like anything. Some times they also put some local made and charge heavily.
Hey Sethu,

I had a personal experience before in fixing cheap fog lamps. Sowould like to suggest OEM fog lamps as the local one are not good. Even the water gets in the fog during heavy rains. I am not against ater market products but I would say going for after market fog lamps is no use.

I have purchased a pre-loved Chevy Spark PS 2007. As it doesnt come with any music system/speakers, I have the following queries.

1. Would I need 4 speakers in a car of such a small dimension?
  2. Would only 2 oval speakers / 2 speakers in the front on the dash suffice?
  3. Where is the antenna fixed?
  4. Will installing a parcel tray reduce the boot space even further?
Hey Suku,
Look at this pic from my review. U can see that I've installed speakers that fit in their plastic compartments perfectly. I personally do not like speakers that are mounted on the parcel tray. the cables get in the way when u have to put huge bags in the boot.

And the Plastic compartments for the speakers also come with a "groove" which can be used to fit the parcel tray. I got one installed which can be taken out if you dont need it. Comes in handy when u have to put things that are long/tall sometimes :)

cheers

Hey Sethu,

I had a personal experience before in fixing cheap fog lamps. Sowould like to suggest OEM fog lamps as the local one are not good. Even the water gets in the fog during heavy rains. I am not against ater market products but I would say going for after market fog lamps is no use.
In a city like Hyderabad, I probably would never have the need of fog lamps, but all the same I hate to see the empty sockets in the bumper.. any alternatives to fog lamps?

In a city like Hyderabad, I probably would never have the need of fog lamps, but all the same I hate to see the empty sockets in the bumper.. any alternatives to fog lamps?
If you realy want the blindspots and both corners covered you might need a OEM Fog lamp. IF you think you just need a fill in the socket then I would siuggest for just angle eye ring sold in ebay. It looks awesome during nights and it costs only 300 to 500K

Decided to add some chrome to the Dashboard and front bumper of my sparky. So bought a few meters of self adhesive chrome strips and spent quite sometime last Sunday with my Sparky decorating her[:D] . Posting some pics.

Attachments

Last edited:

Top Bottom