Chevrolet Spark Diesel Coming Soon!

Thread Starter #1
feature-looks01.jpg

Spark, the entry level hatch back from Chevrolet stable will soon get a diesel mill under its hood. The car will get the multijet diesel engine which may be the same 1.3L which is expected to come in the Beat.

This is a part of Chevrolet's strategy to attract certain amount of sales of the current best selling hatch Maruti Suzuki Alto which is topping the sales charts since long.

Heres a piece of info from Motoroids:

Chevrolet has officially announced that the company will launch a diesel variant of the Beat very soon. Powered by a three cylinder version of the fabled 1.3 Fiat multijet engine, the new powerplant will be ultra-efficient. However, that’s not the end of the story when it comes to diesel powered Chevy small cars in India. The company wants to get super aggressive in the small car segment and will power its entry level Spark with the new diesel engine as well. The move will make the Spark the most economical and fuel efficient cars in the country to own and run. The Spark is an accomplished car, and a diesel engine will make it a fabulous option for value seekers in the small car segment.

Last edited:
Re: Chevrolet Spark to get a diesel heart

Getting diesel heart in Spark is not a worthful idea according to me.

Entry level small cars make more sense when its in cng/petrol.

All the best for Spark D & I am still waiting for Beat Oil Burner!!

Diesel Diesel Diesel!!!
Its pouring Diesel everywhere. [evil]

But IMO Spark diesel is too much.
What can we expect; Maruti claiming that its heavy SX4 diesel might give mileage 21kmpl; and now this small Spark might give mileage of 30kmpl.:lol!:

With petrol price soaring high & its has now reached 65/ltr.

So manufacturers are urged to release a car with diesel heart.

Not to blame them, but people who are going in search of these diesel cars without knowing purposes!!

Thread Starter #6

Diesel Diesel Diesel!!!
Its pouring Diesel everywhere. [evil]
With the ever increasing petrol prices, the demand of diesel cars has increased and the manufacturers are trying to en-cash the situation.
I am a Petrolhead but still i am pretty sure my next car would be a diesel burner.

I din expect this move! I would have liked a diesel engine in Beat but no not spark!

Agree with all you guys out here , its diesel mania everywhere , great to have two diesel cars at home![evil]

@ Zinam I don get you , people going in for diesel cars without knowing the purposes?

There are few of my friends who bought diesel car just telling like they save Rs.20/ Ltr

But they drive an average of 500-600 kms / month which is not okay for any Diesel car.

They will be obviously spending more on maintenance of course.

This is what I meant :)

This is a NEWS !!! surely. If Chevy can post it in the price bracket of Esitlo/WagonR [:)]- history could be rewritten.

350Z

Core Team
Auto manufacturers are rushing to occupy every thin space available in the market and Diesel engine is something that this segment is demanding from some time now. Spark is a nice and comparatively bigger car to start with; I personally do not find it the best looking model though but after Chevrolet reduced its prices, this car has begin to do even better and now I can get a sense of what will happen next when the Spark Diesel rolls out.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Top Bottom