Chevrolet Sail U-VA Hatchback and Sedan Now Launched

New Aveo (sail) and UVA Spotted Testing

Hi TAI Members,

Today on my drive from Delhi to Gurgaon i have spotted three different Test Mules from GM. These may be upcoming AVEO replacement Sail and a hatchback version for UVA replacement.

Was able to click some pics and a video but pics are not very focussed, but video is good.
These are under processing and will be shared soon with all of you.

I have seen these vehicle is Auto Expo 2012 Delhi and they are in a much better state now.
Hope 1.3L Multijet will do duty in SAIL and UVA replacement.

350Z

Core Team
re: Chevrolet Sail Hatch & Sedan (Spy Pics on Pg.6); Sail UVA launched, details on Pg9

Great catch. It seems these cars were heading to GM’s Marketing Head Office in Gurgaon. Can we have the video please? :smile:

Drive Safe,
350Z

re: Chevrolet Sail Hatch & Sedan (Spy Pics on Pg.6); Sail UVA launched, details on Pg9

tornado78 excellent scoop man [clap]

350Z

Core Team

Finally manage to Put the Sail video on Daily motion. You all can have a look at it.
Thanks for sharing the video, Tornado. I cannot see the other test mule (Hatchback)?

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thanks for sharing the video, Tornado. I cannot see the other test mule (Hatchback)?

Drive Safe,
350Z
When i shot the video, there was no hatchback, but after 2-3 kms suddenly it came from my left and overtook me, it was a busy tuesday morning on Delhi Gurgaon Expressway with loads of traffic. so i didnt dare again to take out my mobile and shoot the picture or video of it. It would have been too dangerous. But the design is in sync with the Auto Expo design.

GM India to phase out Aveo, mulls similar step with Optra

Alas, GM is phasing out Aveo cars by replacing them with Sail hatch and notch.
Aveo's were not doing good form many years and it is a nice move GM took to be competitive in market.
Gm has many good cars globally and they can bring those cars here n strengthen their stand in indian market.

Lowell paddock has lots of strategies to be done to bring back GM to a sustainable stand. just relaying on Beat (Diesel) will not help GM to attain 10 % of market share .

Gm shold act on its product portfolio seriously and bring good cars from opel, holden, US etc to indian sand . they should also be fast to the market like hyundai did for i10, GM for spark now they are launching a face lift when market of petrol cars have gone for toss and most competitors have already gained momentum and already thinking of next moves.

GM India to phase out Aveo, mulls similar step with Optra - The Economic Times

Chevy Sail Sedan and MPV spotted - pictures

Today morning, I spotted three test cars (2 Sedans and 1 MPV) all camouflaged on the Whitefield Road going towards Whitefield. I was able to snap a few photographs. Unfortunately I was not able to overtake them due to traffic, and was able to click only rear [sad]

From the temporary registration (GJ-17), they seemed to be the Chevy Sail Sedan and the Chevy MPV

MPV 1.jpg

The Sedan had 2nd Gen Honda City style door handles

Sedan 3.jpg

Sedan 1.jpg

Sedan 2.jpg

Both side by side

MPV + Sedan 1.jpg

MPV + Sedan 2.jpg

MPV had the fuel cap cover on the right side. Not able to observe it for the Sedan. You can see the second Sedan in front of the MPV

MPV 2.jpg

Re: Chevy Sail Sedan and MPV spotted - pictures

I also noticed them near Kundanahalli gate yesterday and today one on Airport road near Military hospital. I have started wondering if this is a different sort of advertising now. They are not being very discreet.

Top Bottom