Chevrolet Sail U-VA Hatchback and Sedan Now Launched

Chevy Sail -- a summit white sedan comes home!

Hi fellow TAIns,
uploading sample pics for now.will write the detailed ownership review soon.
pics are in the bottom of the page2 of the below link
www.theautomotiveindia.com/forums/o...hevrolet-sail-ls-abs-finding-new-roads-2.html

(Mods i am new so please help me in uploading the same pics here)
quick review

Simple and elegant looking full sedan(even though not as big as Manza)
Super refined and silent Diesel Engine.
Slick Gear box never asked for more.
Better space for rear passengers.
drive and handling is Best for indian roads.
Steering and dashboard design is sporty.
Ease of driving in the city.
Bluetooth audio is impressive (audio quality is superb),all my firends from rear seat played songs from their cell phones.

let me know how do you like the car?

Last edited:
Experience from a Quick 3 day trip to Vizag!

1.Love the engine.so fun to drive unlike tatas.
2. I did not drive it over 95kmph as the engine is less than a month old.but i can tell that
i never felt so much happier driving a new car before.
3. People staring at chevy bow tie at the front constantly at traffic signals.
4. When parked beside chevy cruze at a shopping mall somebody commented that both looks almost similar at the front [:D]
3.Boot is spacious for weekend luggage
4. Five people sat comfortably!
5. When parked Sail at honda dealership suddenly all the people started staring at my white sail and enquired about the car .my cousin was saying that all the people inside the dealership looking at Sail only.[:D]

Chevrolet Sail sedan registers 8,000 bookings

Seems GM India has got it right finally! Barely 3 months since its launch, the Chevrolet Sail notchback has managed to convince a considerable amount of car buyers to write a cheque in its favor.

Speaking on the sidelines of a showroom inauguration in Visakhapatnam, Andhra Pradesh, Mr. Lowell Paddock, president and MD of GM India revealed that the car has garnered 8,000 bookings so far. Yes, the booking number is not soaring up as high as its main rival, the Honda Amaze, but for GM India who has been having a rough patch in the recent years, the response for the Sail sedan is heartening. While the Sail hatchback backfired, the sedan delivered.

The booted version of the Sail outsells the hatchback by almost two folds ever since the former was launched. It is apparent that the VFM quotient of the sedan is better and so is the design. The three year ‘Chevrolet Promise’ and the famed 1.3 litre Fiat diesel engine are the other party tricks.

Given that the queue for the Amaze is starting to build up, we reckon a considerable portion of the customers would give the Chevy sedan a thought. The space on offer will certainly impress the prospective customers, especially the ones who like to be driven by a chauffeur.

The Chevrolet Sail is not setting anything on fire but it consistently keeps the cash counter ringing, which is what GM India needs at present.

Chevrolet Sail sedan registers 8,000 bookings

Shiva, Your sail is really looks good. Being a Chevy customer am happy that you are also part of family. Expecting some pics on interiors and boot space.

The bonnet and rear view looks better and beutiful when seen in flesh as compared to pics.It is the best looking entry level sedan IMO. In the pic , the bonnet looks like Aveo but in reality it looks like Cruze.
Also the rear looks like Etios in pic ,but in reality it has an upmarket look.

Last edited:
Sail sedan really nice. Hope it clicks in the Indian market.
It is already a click in india.If you observe closely GM achieved 8000 bookings with minimal television marketing and almost nill internet marketing.what else they need.It will surely be a hit in india.Only two VFM are there in entry level sedans right now, those are AMAZE and SAIL. people who need powerfull sports oriented but can adjust with 4 seater sedan would choose AMAZE where as people who need strict 5 seater,more interior space and better proportioned car would choose a SAIL.

Shiva, Your sail is really looks good. Being a Chevy customer am happy that you are also part of family. Expecting some pics on interiors and boot space.
Thanks for your compliments .for more detailed interior pics refer to the 1st page of satya's Chevrolet Sail LS ABS “Finding New Roads” thread.he has good set of pics posted.

Last edited by a moderator:
Saw both the hatch and sedans in the road, UV-A looked good but on the sedan version, i felt the rear part slightly unconventional, but much better than the geometric dezire.

Saw both the hatch and sedans in the road, UV-A looked good but on the sedan version, i felt the rear part slightly unconventional, but much better than the geometric dezire.
You are correct, the sedan looked bit oldish and somehow all the cars I saw noticed the rear has a downward stance. Also I did not like the wheelcap design in base and mid versions. Yet to spot a top end Sail sedan here.

out of all the compacts sedans available now, Sail is the best proportioned car available today.
in my view sedan version looks way way better proportioned and good looking than U-VA.

Top Bottom