Chevrolet Cruze LTZ MT Sand Drift Grey

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread Starter #1
Hi All,

Long search hunt comes to end with Cruze, got the delivery on 20th April 2012.

Other cars considered and reason for not selecting them before going for the monster.

1. Honda City: Liked the drive, but missing basic features like ACC and too common car made me not to go for this car.

2. Verna VTVT SX(o): Booked this car even though handling was not so good, even during test drive I realize steering and suspension are too soft and driving around 100 Kmph was also not giving much of confidence.(Special thanks to nickandre ownership thread which has highlighted the issues with verna)
3. Verna Crdi Sx(o): Heard from many that diesel is better in terms of handling and road grip + diesel advantage. So changed the booking to this one, but at home including myself no one was really convinced with build quality of hyundai. Specially the quality of doors they're feather lite and for sure they will start to rattle.
4. Rapid Diesel: What a car, superb drive and build quality. This car forced me to re-consider my decision on verna. But verna big feature list was missing in this car and which is little disappointing.
5. Mahindra Xuv500: Took the test drive, was not so impressed with drive quality, from inside it was giving more of jeep kind of feel rather than a luxury feel. Steering column was hitting the leg and all. Moreover hell long waiting time.
6. Cruze: Took test drive simply awesome, big feature list, nice black leather interior, sunroof. Clutch was bit hard but not a dealbreaker as I am used of driving diesel cars which usually have bit tight clutch.

Completed 2200 Kms so far, getting a mileage of around 11-12 in city. Mostly bumper to bumper traffic

350Z

Core Team
Welcome aboard and Congrats for Cruze, Nitin. That's a short review. Please consider including more details and some pictures of the car soon (Refer to this link).

Drive Safe,
350Z

Fazer

Suspended
Congratulations on the CRUZE Nitin..
That was a Quick Review and a Short one. Do fill more details and pictures and refer to the link that 350Z specified..

Cheers.

Wow Cruze.... i think u have made the best choice among the options even i would have opted for Cruze that is an 1.8cc i guess if i am not wrong more muscle, more power.
i always enjoyed the power of driving, i drove long back ago one of ma friends Monster Cruze, Waiting for Pics.

Welcome to TAI Nitin and congratulations for your new Cruze and that's a nice quick and short review. Please add more details with pics of your car.

Thread Starter #6
Thanks guys for the wishes. Will update the post soon with pictures and intial ownership review.
Someone please suggest me the headlight upgrade option. Stock bulb are too week. I thought of putting HID, but really don't want to blind oncoming traffic. Please suggest some reliable option preferably plug and play type.

Thread Starter #7
FE Update:

1. Highway driving with cruze control on and set at 90 KMPH most of the time at NH-1 Delhi to Panipat: 19.7 Kmpl...it was mindblowing

2. Panipat to Jalandhar: No cruze revved hard touched 150-160 many times + road is under construction lots of diversion plus stuck in Jam in 2 diff cities for almost a hour : Net FE : 15.8 Kmpl

3. Local Gurgaon most of the time bumper to bumper traffic and usually short run of less than 20 kms: 10.5-11 Kmpl

All FE's are as shown by MID.

Welcome to TAI nitin, you made a right decision by opting for cruze it's a wonderful car,which variant did you buy? and what was the cost?
The mileage you are getting is unbelievable

Thread Starter #9
Welcome to TAI nitin, you made a right decision by opting for cruze it's a wonderful car,which variant did you buy? and what was the cost?
The mileage you are getting is unbelievable
Hi Vishawnath,

I agree its indeed a fun to drive car specially on highways. I bought LTZ Manual Variant. The ex-showroom price here was 14.18L and on road cost was 15.47. Got some freebies and discount from the dealer like paint protection, underbody coat, mudflaps, mats and sun-film(which I had to later remove). Got around 25K cash discount in addition to this. Insurance is 0 dep.

350Z

Core Team
Since the ownership reviews which are incomplete or do not cover at least the basic information about the car are not permitted as per the recent policies, this thread is now being closed. Please visit this link for more information. Do feel free to ‘report’ for reopening this topic once you have composed the further review. Thanks.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom