Chevrolet Cruze Hatchback is HERE!!

Thread Starter #1

350Z

Core Team
You read that right. General Motors has unveiled Chevy Cruze in hatchback avatar which looks as stunning as the saloon counterpart. This hatchback back will be showcased at Paris motor show and is expected to be a crowed puller. According to Chevrolet, Sales will begin first in Europe by Mid-2011 and price will be revealed somewhere close it.

266929.jpg

266931.jpg

266930.jpg

Drive Safe,
350Z

Great news, surely this would be a rival against BMW X1.
But in india people think of more space.
Hey Mukesh, it is a Cruze HATCHBACK, not a Cruze SUV. If this car ever comes to India, I am quite sure it will be more of a competitor to cars like the Honda Jazz, Skoda Fabia and Hyundai i20. It will surely be positioned a notch above the upcoming Aveo U-VA and a couple of notches above the Beat. The X1 is a BMW SUV, it will naturally cost upwards of Rs.25 lakh! How can it even be compared to a hatchback like this?

Coming back to the car, I think it looks stunning! Even if the rear is not as striking as the front-end, it still seems decent. If this car is spacious, strong (performance-wise) offers a long list of features (just like the Cruze sedan) and like its elder sibling, is priced very competitively against rivals (hopefully the Fabia and i20), then GM could very well have a hot-selling premium hatch on their hands!

Wow good news. I guess it will be a premium hatch only. Maybe GM will provide a shocking price tag for this too!

@ Amaan Don expect it to be spacious like a Vista or a Fabia. Cruze itself is little cramped at the rear , so don expect much space from this car also.

@Mukesh- Yes friend, this hatch looks similar to the BMW X1 in shape.

i think mukesh meant the design resembled the X1.
anyways.
this car looks fantabulous. looks like a sibling of the SR-V.
The rear is somewhat similar to the Chevrolet SRV. Anyways i hope it comes to india soon. This looks like a BIG hatch.

AMG

Suspended
Great news, surely this would be a rival against BMW X1.
But in india people think of more space.
Finally, after much thinking, I figured out what you meant.

You meant a 1-Series, rival, didnt you?

ilango[speed thirst];47659 said:
I think its sr v 's replacement from chevy .!
Correct.
Well, the Chevy SRV with it's awesome practicality and brilliant performance could have been THE premium hatch of today. The Cruze Hatch, I feel, not only packs in the same punch but also gives it a fresh new lease of life with those well - deserved killer looks and interiors. I hope it does not end up like the poor SRV.

^^I dont think such a think will happen again. People now have accepted(except Jazz) premium hatches well. We have a good example of the success of Hyundai i20.

AMG

Suspended
ilango[speed thirst];47659 said:
I think its sr v 's replacement from chevy .!
The SR-V was placed on the optra platform.

The optra is priced lower than cruze.

So it will be a segment higher than SR-V

Top Bottom