Chevrolet Beat: Technical Issues & Solutions

Thread Starter #1
Hello All,

I own a Chevy Beat Clocked 50K Recently, I love her a lot and till now never made me sad. But recently i had some major issues with my Chevy.
Model- Diesel-2012 September Model-BEAT LS

Steering was getting stuck while in stop position when I used to take a complete Turn.I had to push harder to make it release and same will happen during the complete turn as it was getting locked and unlocked while turning.

I checked my suspension and bearings and found all are perfect and diagnosed as a Steering Column issue as inside the steering column there is a sensor (STEERING TORQUE SENSOR), as Chevy has EPS (Electronic Power Steering). It is malfunctioning and giving uneven Volts to the motor.

But real headache is that Sensor is not available in Service Center of GM. Can any throw some lights on this..??

Re: Chevy BEAT - Technical and Spare Part Issues

Hello All,

I own a Chevy Beat Clocked 50K Recently, I love her a lot and till now never made me sad. But recently i had some major issues with my Chevy.
Model- Diesel-2012 September Model-BEAT LS

Steering was getting stuck while in stop position when I used to take a complete Turn.I had to push harder to make it release and same will happen during the complete turn as it was getting locked and unlocked while turning.

I checked my suspension and bearings and found all are perfect and diagnosed as a Steering Column issue as inside the steering column there is a sensor (STEERING TORQUE SENSOR), as Chevy has EPS (Electronic Power Steering). It is malfunctioning and giving uneven Volts to the motor.

But real headache is that Sensor is not available in Service Center of GM. Can any throw some lights on this..??
Why don't to try in scrapyards or in Hindi called gujuri.

Thread Starter #3
I Tried Bro, In Kerala there is not much scrap markets. And getting Chevy Beat parts is bit difficult, I am thinking to search Online, But I didnt find any relevant Websites

I Tried Bro, In Kerala there is not much scrap markets. And getting Chevy Beat parts is bit difficult, I am thinking to search Online, But I didnt find any relevant Websites
Please try chevy dealers at Trichur and mangalore as they stock more parts as local workshops at calicut usually procure the chevy parts from there.

Thread Starter #5
It is a part inside the Steering Column. Chevy dealers only sell as this as an entire set , ie the steering column full set. It cost 30K. I only need a sensor inside the steering Column

Try Boodmo.com they seem to deal with most spares.

You need to mention the part No.

I've sent them a query for a clip, still waiting response.

All the best.

Dear All,
I have a 2012 model Chevrolet beat Diesel . It is showing service light. Can anybody advise how to get it cleared. Is it engine oil service light. Can it be cleared through an OBD 2 SCANNER.
Screenshot_2023-12-20-13-04-56-80_99c04817c0de5652397fc8b56c3b3817.jpg

I have a 2012 model Chevrolet beat Diesel . It is showing service light. Can anybody advise how to get it cleared. Is it engine oil service light. Can it be cleared through an OBD 2 SCANNER.
Is the car due for service? If yes, then service it and the ASC will clear the code using their OBD 2 tool.

I don't think it can be cleared using any generic OBD 2 tool.

There is no ASC available. Doing routine service by local mechanic. Generic obd tool cannot clear. How about an OBD 2 SCANNER which has reset functions.

Top Bottom