Chevrolet Beat Diesel Priced at Rs.4.29 Lakhs

Thread Starter #1

350Z

Core Team
Chevrolet is soon going to roll out Diesel variant of Beat which has almost lost the limelight after release of Ford Figo. Currently, The news is that Beat will be powered by a 1 Liter, 60~ BHP CRDi engine which is going to be manufactured at General Motor’s Talegaon facility.

“The one-liter diesel engine will be rolled-out from Talegaon early next year for our small car, Beat” Said Ankush Arora, VP Sales & Marketing, GM.
Drive Safe,
350Z

Hmmm good news but isnt 1.0L engine a little underpowered? I already heard the kerb weight of the Beat is slightly higher!

Figo has made it really tough for its rivals to survive and as far as i have seen most of the figos sold are with diesel hearts. So imo good move by GM.

January 2011 is the launch.
It is the same 1.3 liter MJD engine with 1 cylinder less.(So it is a 1 liter, 3 cylinder engine.)
57 BHP but more importantly about 140 NM of torque.
Focus is on fuel efficiency.Expect 22+ kmpl.
Competitive Pricing.

A 1.0L diesel engine is downright puny! They're just focusing on fuel efficiency as their main aim. Where's the excitement that the Beat's associated with? Where's the "beat"ing heart? The pricing will be competitive though. I still feel the Figo will stay miles ahead even in face of such tough competition.

A 1.0L diesel engine is downright puny! They're just focusing on fuel efficiency as their main aim. Where's the excitement that the Beat's associated with? Where's the "beat"ing heart? The pricing will be competitive though. I still feel the Figo will stay miles ahead even in face of such tough competition.
+1.to amaans statement.

Chevrolet Beat diesel version has to be driven and then compared with Figo,so that the difference or the priority can be assessed.I might try test driving it once it is launched in India.

i believe beat is lighter than figo.
don't forget figo engine is only 68ps with 160nm torque which does duty in fiesta also.

A 60ps 140nm torque engine might not only be sufficiently powerful for a car like beat at the same time it can also give more FE and be less expensive!

The Figo's TDCi diesel may sound underpowered on paper, but in real life it is a proper riot to drive. Ask any of the Figo owners and you will come to know. That engine is a real cracker. A 3-pot MultiJet does not really sound ideal. Okay, it might be marginally more frugal, but in terms of overall performance, it won't even stand a chance against the Figo. Moreover, be rest assured that the Beat will not be any cheaper than the Figo. No chance. The Figo, after the Indica Vista is probably the most VFM diesel hatch you can buy today.

The Figo's TDCi diesel may sound underpowered on paper, but in real life it is a proper riot to drive. Ask any of the Figo owners and you will come to know. That engine is a real cracker. A 3-pot MultiJet does not really sound ideal. Okay, it might be marginally more frugal, but in terms of overall performance, it won't even stand a chance against the Figo. Moreover, be rest assured that the Beat will not be any cheaper than the Figo. No chance. The Figo, after the Indica Vista is probably the most VFM diesel hatch you can buy today.
Exactly my point.
What is on paper might actually be different from reality.
Whether the 1.0L diesel is good enough remains to be seen till the car is out.

Figo's engine is sufficient for the car I know that, I have driven the car.But it is not the power that matters, it is the torque.These cars are primarily city driven & there is absolutely no use of too much power, you need pulling power i.e torque.The beat diesel would have about 20 NM less torque as compared to Figo but as Ichimaru says, the car is way lighter.Believe me it is going to more than sufficient for the Beat. 9/10 people look at the efficiency & not the power my friend.Wake up!This is India!
And the beat is going to return terrific fuel efficiency.
And as far as the pricing is concerned,it IS going to be cheaper than the Figo.
Mark my words.

Yes I agree on your comments siddhant.

India counts more on efficient vehicles & not on powerful vehicles.

But why doesn't Beat derive great sales figures, what do you think is lacking from GM.

I just want to hear your few cents on GM.

i thought beat will beat every other hatchback but it turned out to be wrong! hope chevy will recover their position after diesel varient.

But why doesn't Beat derive great sales figures, what do you think is lacking from GM.
three words - Price, Size, Figo!

Yes I agree on your comments siddhant.

India counts more on efficient vehicles & not on powerful vehicles.

I just want to hear your few cents on GM.
Beat obviously won't sell as much as the figo, because Figo has the advantage of diesel.
If you would see at the sales figures closely, the Beat petrol & Figo petrol(See the break up for diesel & petrol ) are selling equally well (around 3.5 k).
Last month Beat was down because of billing problems at the factory.I have a friend who is at the Talegaon factory.He gave me this info.Infact GMI is increasing the production of Beat to 4k from this month.
Wait for the diesel to arrive my friend.Then you can see the sales yourselves.
The beat sales have never gone down, you need to compare them with Figo petrol & not Figo cumulative sales.

Top Bottom