Chevrolet Beat Detailed Road Test Drive

And as always, the Hindu will have language much beyond most other papers.
A pretty interesting comparison, though you get the impression that the writer was fida over the Beat even before he started the comparison.

Today i saw 2 Beat on Bangalore road. One was in Blue and other was same greenishh..Beat looks to be another success fro GM and it might prompt other manufactures to speed-up their small cars for India.

AUTOCAR INDIA says that Beat is better in most aspects than i10
but even the areas in which Beat is behind, the margin is not too great!

I suspect, unless something goes badly wrong, the Beat is going to ensure that GM goes places!!

Thread Starter #80
Nothing is going to be wrong Aditya!

Beat has already made places with its striking looks!

GM has to concentrate more on ASS like Maruti & Hyundai to strike off the deal

Yes the Beat is surely a strong rival to i10!

What Beat lacks is interior comfort and rear legroom ,headroom! i10 scores over in FE also!

But overall both are good cars given for their price. The only place where i10 really scores more is A.S.S.!! Though Chevy is improving here it still has not instilled confidence in buyers like other manufacturers!

As a matter of fact i was having the same discussion with my friend and his reply was the same! He said he would choose i10 anyday! He added Beat is looking good alright but what about the reliability of the car , which may be known only after few years! In short he prefers Hyundai over Chevrolet!! I tried desperately to change his mindset stating the 3 years maintenance package but still he refused to change his decision!!

Thread Starter #82
Its the same with my friend.

I told him after the TD of Beat, I was impressed & asked him to book Beat.

But still he was more inclined towards i10 just for Hyundai ASS!

Hyundai has really gone strong with i10 & i20!!

Hope it deserves the title

But Beat is also not bad overall and surely deserves some credits!!

BTW spotted another dark grey Beat today , the color did not suit Beat though!!

I bought the Beat from Pashankar automobiles this dussera.

I bought a Linen Beige LT option. I bought it against the advice of my well wishers who were more inclined towards swift and i10. They were more thinking from their heads and me from my heart. I always bet on an underdog. I belive if marketed correctly this will have a decent MOM sales.

By the time i bought it home, many of neighbours started enquiring about the rear door handles [clap]. Its magic certainly worked with the ladies.

It surely was a head turner with many heads turning at signals.

350Z

Core Team
Congratulations! You have just made a perfect decision by listening to your heart and going with car of your own choice. Chevy Beat certainly is the most stunningly designed hatchback in its segment which is on sale in India at present. Since you have bought it home yesterday itself, we are looking forward to view some fresh pictures with an ownership review.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Re: The Stylish with a Corporate Look - Beat in Linen Beige

Hi
How is the performance now, and any idea about the Beat LPG version, I have booked the car but in confusion that there are not many cars on Road till date

Re: The Stylish with a Corporate Look - Beat in Linen Beige

I dont see many Beat on road, but the looks are great, someone please tell me how the car is, planning to take beat LT LPG version

Last edited by a moderator:

Top Bottom