Chevrolet Beat Detailed Road Test Drive

Re: The Stylish with a Corporate Look - Beat in Linen Beige

Hi
How is the performance now, and any idea about the Beat LPG version, I have booked the car but in confusion that there are not many cars on Road till date
Hello Priyanka,

Welcome to The Automotive India.
The Beat LPG version is powered by 1.2 MPFI Liter SMARTECH Engine which is more powerful than the older engine. The specification of the LPG version are pretty impressive as compared to the other LPG cars of the segment.
Max power: 80.4 PS@6400RPM
Max torque: 104Nm@4400RPM

Also the ARAI tested efficiency of this version is 13.29 KM/Liter of LPG which makes the running economical.

Re: Chevrolet Beat Detailed Road Test Report

I have booked Chevrolet Beat 1.2 LT in Super Red (metallic) from Singh Motors Co. Pune. Awaiting delivery around 15 Nov'11.[:)]

350Z

Core Team

Congratulations! Don't forget to create an ownership review when you receive this beauty home.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Which car is better Beat(petrol) or Ritz (petrol) ? (if somone is ok with rear looks of Ritz)

Which car is better Beat(petrol) or Ritz (petrol) ? (if somone is ok with rear looks of Ritz)
I am no expert and pretty new to cars but as per the research I did before booking my Chevy Beat, both the cars seems to be pretty good. Both have their pros and cons.

Points noted for Chevy Beat as below:
1. Stunning looks.
2. Good interiors for the money you pay. Specially the blue light on the console panel.
3. Good AC with Automatic Climate control
4. Engine is good if not superb.
5. Cost at which one can acquire it. Absolutely VFM. No other hatch in this segment offers these many features.
6. Good 3 years warranty.
7. A.S.S. could be the concern depending on the availability of Service Center near ones residence.
8. Lack of boot space (only 170 ltrs) if that concerns you.

Points noted for Maruti Ritz as below:
1. Good and powerful K series engine (churning 85 PS).
2. Good interior space and boot space.
3. Maruti's brand value hence best resale if one is looking for a quick change in 2-3 years.
4. Best A.S.S.
5. Slightly overpriced in my opinion.

Note: Above points mentioned are the outcome of my research and may differ from others. Both cars are very good. I already liked the looks of beat and was much impressed with the features provided for that price (was a bit tight on budget as well hence I justified my choice [;)]). Rest I would leave to experts for their expert opinion.

You won't regret choosing anyone of these.

Regards,
Imran

Congrats on the car Imran Khan(Hitman).Please put up a ownership report as you soon as you get the delivery.My parents have a petrol Beat ls and is very happy with the decision.You can view my ownership report if you want.
did you opt for the maintenance package.Did you TD ritz.How did you feel the performance of beat and ritz and the overall driveabilty.
Did you consider honda brio?

I bought the Beat from Pashankar automobiles this dussera.

I bought a Linen Beige LT option. I bought it against the advice of my well wishers who were more inclined towards swift and i10. They were more thinking from their heads and me from my heart. I always bet on an underdog. I belive if marketed correctly this will have a decent MOM sales.

By the time i bought it home, many of neighbours started enquiring about the rear door handles [clap]. Its magic certainly worked with the ladies.

It surely was a head turner with many heads turning at signals.

Hi

I've purchsed the Linen Biege LT LPG from pashankar, Please let me know the waiting period for final delivery.

Congrats on the car Imran Khan(Hitman).Please put up a ownership report as you soon as you get the delivery.My parents have a petrol Beat ls and is very happy with the decision.You can view my ownership report if you want.
did you opt for the maintenance package.Did you TD ritz.How did you feel the performance of beat and ritz and the overall driveabilty.
Did you consider honda brio?
Hello,

I had already gone through your Ownership report and liked it. I didn't TD Ritz however my friend TD it and hence the words from my side.

Honda Brio might be a good car but not as per my taste. I didn't like the compact looks of the car.

I was considering overall package where looks and performance both should be there and BEAT has it all[:)].

Latest update on my booking.

Singh motors was delaying my delivery and was not even ready to give any delivery date in writing (assured date of delivery was 06/11/2011), hence I cancelled the booking with them and have checked the car with Pashankar Auto and going to book with them. He promised the delivery within 7 working days as I already have my loan sanctioned.

On the other note I am facing problem with Sigh Motors for getting my booking amount refunded as he is saying they will deduct Rs.5000 for cancellation. However I made it very clear that I am not going to accept it because its their fault of not delivering as assured/not confirming a delivery date in writing.

Hi

I've purchsed the Linen Biege LT LPG from pashankar, Please let me know the waiting period for final delivery.
Congrats Bro on booking BEAT. The waiting period should not be more than 10-15 days.

Hello,

I had already gone through your Ownership report and liked it. I didn't TD Ritz however my friend TD it and hence the words from my side.
Glad that you liked my ownership report.[:D]

I was considering overall package where looks and performance both should be there and BEAT has it all[:)].
Nice to hear this.[:)]
I think beat is a terrific vfm.I think it is not worst in any areas.

Latest update on my booking.

Singh motors was delaying my delivery and was not even ready to give any delivery date in writing (assured date of delivery was 06/11/2011), hence I cancelled the booking with them and have checked the car with Pashankar Auto and going to book with them. He promised the delivery within 7 working days as I already have my loan sanctioned.
Update: I got my Chevy Beat 1.2 LT (Super Red) delivered today [clap]. Would be updating pics and buying experience pretty soon once I get some spare time.

The Beat looks to be designed at aiming for the young teenager. I also thought the Beat to be a three-door hatch until I came across this review. And it must be claustrophobic in the rear due to the all black interiors and small windows. Can anyone confirm this?

The Beat looks to be designed at aiming for the young teenager. I also thought the Beat to be a three-door hatch until I came across this review. And it must be claustrophobic in the rear due to the all black interiors and small windows. Can anyone confirm this?
Yes it is .

Top Bottom