Chevrolet Beat Detailed Road Test Drive

Re: Chevrolet Beat Detailed Road Test Report

Hi, I am driving a Beat everyday & I feel in reverse gear the vehicle tends to switch off very easily (I mean when you slowly release clutch pedal). I see the tachometer @ 3 dots instead of 4, I guess 3means 600rpm & 4 means 800rpm.

Beat guys help me out please, if it is a idling issue I can tighten the adjuster (plastic one) near firewall in the engine bay.

Here is a picture of the adjuster
IMG_20120629_163323.jpg

Last edited:
Re: Chevrolet Beat Detailed Road Test Report

thanks for sharing this. useful report. was looking to buy a new car myself. will surely take a test drive of this one. & also they have launched a new car chevrolet sail. will look at that one too & let you'll know which one is better.

Reviews for beat?

I did a test drive for Chevrolet Beat Petrol today, and I could not find it comfortable to drive. It has less space inside, and the window panes are very small too.

How is this car in comparison to Santro/Swift? (the cars I drove till now)

Re: Reviews for beat?

I did a test drive for Chevrolet Beat Petrol today, and I could not find it comfortable to drive. It has less space inside, and the window panes are very small too.

How is this car in comparison to Santro/Swift? (the cars I drove till now)
If you have the budget, go for Swift. Petrol if you are a low mileage guy or else diesel (atleast 10000kms/ year). Compared to Beat, Swift is more spacious. If you want to widen your options, then check out Indica Vista 90 petrol, Ritz, I20.

My brother in law has a beat diesel. Maintenance, well looks to be on the lower side. Engine (though derived for Fiat multijet unit) sounds like an old Ikon 1.8D. And rattles can be heard upto a km away.

Chevrolet Beat gets minor updates

Chevrolet has given the Beat two minor cosmetic updates.

While the exterior remains the same, the interior gets two updates. The first one being driver-side seat height adjust. The dashboard, which retains the same colour scheme, now comes with additional silver accents that were earlier seen only on the steering wheel.

The Beat continues to be available in a choice of petrol, CNG and diesel powerplants.

Additionally, all versions of the Chevrolet Beat are on offer with free insurance that saves you upto Rs 15,000. There’s a Rs 10,000 loyalty bonus for those who currently own a Chevrolet and want to also buy the Beat. In case this is your first Chevrolet car, Rs 15,000 will be offered as exchange bonus when you trade in your old car at the showroom.

Chevrolet Beat prices (ex-showroom, Delhi)

Beat 1.2 Base: Rs 3,87,788

Beat 1.2 LS: Rs 4,17,321

Beat 1.2 LS LPG: Rs 4,46,872

Beat 1.2 LT: Rs 4,63,664

Beat Diesel 1.0 TCDi: Rs 4,72,816

Beat 1.2 LT LPG: Rs 4,93,031

Beat Diesel 1.0 LS TCDi: Rs 5,02,375

Beat 1.2 LT with Option Pack: Rs 5,13,935

Beat Diesel 1.0 LT TCDi: Rs.548966

Beat Diesel 1.0 TCDi with Option Pack: Rs 5,98,711

Chevrolet Beat gets minor updates | News | Autocar India

Akash1886

Honoured Member
3-4th shot-green.jpg

GM India Introduces Refreshed Chevrolet Beat for 2016

Revitalized interiors with added safety equipment
Remote keyless entry with foldable key for added convenience
Driver side airbag now available on LT variant
Available in two new colors: ‘Pull-me-over Red’ and ‘Satin Steel Grey’
New Delhi: General Motors India today announced the launch of the 2016 Chevrolet Beat hatchback with revitalized interiors, added safety equipment and convenience along with more color options. The New Beat is priced between Rs 4.28 lakh and Rs 5.55 lakh (ex-showroom, New Delhi).

The fuel-efficient hatchback provides even more value to its customers with a host of new features like remote keyless entry with foldable key, a driver side airbag addition to the LT variant, body-colored door handles, silver interior highlights on lower trims apart from two new striking colors and a new nomenclature for top variant as LTZ.

“The Chevrolet Beat, one of GM India’s best-selling models, raises the bar in the country’s fast-growing compact car segment. The refreshed features complement the already distinguished styling elements in its segment, providing even more value to our customers,” said Hardeep Brar, Vice President – Sales, General Motors India.

The Beat’s clear glass headlamps have black accents, while its taillamps sport a stylish combination of colored and clear glass. Trendy fog lamps with chrome surrounds and a newly designed rear spoiler with LED inserts along with sporty reflectors on the new dual-tone rear bumper complete the aggressively styled exterior.

Inside, audio controls mounted on the steering wheel are available on selected variants to enable drivers to enjoy music without taking their eyes off the road. The Beat also comes with a new silver interior and height-adjustable driver’s seat for added comfort.

“We are confident that the 2016 Beat with new features and appealing design enhancements will further strengthen our position in the marketplace. The new version was developed by carefully listening to our customers and enhancing it with smart new features and stylish looks”, added Brar.

The Beat, which is available with a choice in both petrol and diesel options, has an ARAI-certified fuel economy of 25.44 km/L for the diesel engine and 17.8 km/L for the petrol engine.

The top LTZ variant comes with front dual air bags, anti-lock brakes (ABS) and electronic brake force distribution (EBD) providing complete safety to its occupants.

The New Beat comes with a choice of 7 exciting colors namely Pull Me over Red (new addition), Satin Steel Grey (New addition), Cocktail Green, Sandrift Grey, Switch Blade Silver, Summit White, Linen Beige and Caviar Black.
Official

Regards

Akash

No doubt Chevrolet Beat is a good car but i think it's priced a bit steep now with its top-end LTZ Diesel variant priced at ₹6.57 lacs, ex-showroom, Delhi which translates to On road price of ₹7.30 lacs+.
I think its a bit too much for car of such small engine displacement & its segment.
Somehow, it reduces the VFM quotient, previously which it was known for.
Base Diesel variant however begins from ₹5.26 lacs.

Top Bottom