Chevrolet Beat Detailed Road Test Drive

Great report again by TAI Team. [thumbsup]
beat looks a winner from all angles. i'm in love with the futuristic styling it has got also the interiors are way ahead of many hatches available yet.

from the above pic of rear door open it looks entry and exit will be difficult due to small space. and yes that plasticy cover on quarter glass looks odd.

@RSM, yeah, i think steering mounted contrls are not on offer.

The Dummy on the RR Qtr Window Area looks like a bit of an eyesore!!
I felt the same. But overall Beat looks a winner. Also the interiors especially the dash looks too upmarket for a hatch.

@Zinam- Excellent pics and report. Good work!

Nice pics 350Z but you forgot to hide the number plate on the first picture![:D]

Looks like its surely VFM product and at less than 4 lakhs for the top model it surely is worth it! The interiors looks too good for a Hatch at this price. Lets see if Beat can stir up this segment.

Thread Starter #52
Here are few more Pics from my end!

Striking Twin Barell Head Lamps

IMG_1183_wm.JPG

Dual Cockpit Styling

IMG_1209_wm.JPG

Flying Boot Doors [Airwing styled]

IMG_1225_wm.JPG

Oval Dual Split Tail Lamps

IMG_1233_wm.JPG

Stay tuned, more to follow!![cheers]

Attachments

Hey Zinam from the pictures i see this was tested in the Maduravoyal bye pass.

Hey guys this is the 20km stretch which i mentioned in my report of our Chennai meet!

BTW nice pictures.

350Z

Core Team
Great. Now i started liking this car..more.
Should we say it a Picture effect? eh.
Anyways, The Beat is another winner from GM but I hope the color of interiors was much more better and attractive, Maybe Chevy will offer Beige combination in future as they did with Spark? The Beige color will definitely help to give a roomier feel at the rear of car.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #56
Well, If Beat is coming in Beige interiors!

i10 will face its huge time.

I bet being an owner of i10, Beat smashes & has an edge over i10 in terms of many things, except the luxury feel which you will get in Beige interiors!!

350Z

Core Team
Chevy is targeting to sell 5,000 units of Beat per month, an excerpt from carazoo;

GM which is contemplating to sell at least 5000 units of the Beat per month is heavily banking on the North Indian sales as the North Indian market alone accounts for about 40 per cent of all small cars sales in India. So it’s quite evident that GM hopes to sell 1,600-1,700 units of the Beat in the North Indian region alone.

The deliveries of the cars would start from January-end or early February. It must be noted that the Chevrolet Beat was put through over a million km of durability tests in extreme weather conditions and crash tests both in India and abroad to prove its utility on Indian roads. The beat has been launched in three variants viz. Beat PS, LS and LT, carrying price tags (ex-showroom) of Rs 3.34 lakh, Rs 3.54 lakh and Rs 3.94 lakh respectively.
Drive Safe,
350Z

Hmmm a high target to achieve in its first month of launch! What favours them is its mouth-watering price! And i have also started seeing a few Beat's on road!

350Z

Core Team
The styling, features and price at which Beat is available, The target of 5,000 doesn't looks difficult to achieve for GM. I expect it to see in Top-10 sales chart soon.

Drive Safe,
350Z

The biggest handicap they will have to get around is the inherently not-so-good reputation that GM has, and is trying hard to get rid of.
Maybe the Beat can help them!!

Top Bottom