Chevrolet Aveo U-VA Horn Replacement

Thread Starter #1
Dear,I have chevrolet aveo uva I want to change my oem car horn by roots windtone w75 /w90, dual horn, in my car originally dual horn, can I change new horn with out relay&without any wire cutting, if relay in use,than which type of relay can be used &ampi

Re: Horn&relay

Dear,I have chevrolet aveo uva I want to change my oem car horn by roots windtone w75 /w90, dual horn, in my car originally dual horn, can I change new horn with out relay&without any wire cutting, if relay in use,than which type of relay can be used &ampi
Hello sanjay dandvate

A relay will provide smoother current without interruptions to the horns. You will get a more powerful tone from the horns since they will be powered via battery and the horn pad on the steering would act as a switch. The horn change can be done without a relay also, but using one is highly recommended to get optimum performance from the horns. Without a relay, your horns will sound shrill/muffled if used without the engine running. With a relay, there is no such problem because of proper current supply.

In case of OEM dual horn setup, adding a relay would be easy and the whole process can be done without any wire cuts provided that your installer knows the procedure. The regular horn relay which is available at most accessory shops can be used, I guess it is rated for 30 Amp (or is it 10 Amp?). I am using an Uno Minda one in my Alto since one year without any problems. Costed me 100 bucks.

Regards,
Alpha

Last edited:

Top Bottom