Chevrolet Aveo 1.4 Noise Issues

Thread Starter #1
hey guys and gurus really need your help here.
well my aveo 1.4 is four years old with 135000 kms on the odo, of late i have been getting unusual noises they seem to me like the valves ticking whenever i start her up in the morning, the engine seems to vibrate more then it used to. the steering has become a bit hard and the suspensions make a thud sound whenever going through potholes these things were never there before. Add to it theres some drop in the power. while driving in any gears at around 2000 rpms - 2500 rpms theres this noise (hard to describe) in all gears audible more in 3rd 4th 5th gears or during sudden acceleration

The head gasket was changed and head machined/shaved at 45k kms. timing belt,pulley tensioner water pump at 58k kms and again at 115k kms
ac compressor leaked its oil and filled the condensers gas filter with metal shavings had to get both replaced at 75k kms, ignition coil/ distributor twice.
other then that every 5k kms its sent to chevy service centre. oils changed at 10k intervals

Last edited:
Thread Starter #4
just got it back from the service center. was billed rs 25675 all four shocks, bushing, links and brake pads had to be changed, oil,oil filter,spark plugs,fuel filter, air filter, aircon filter, 3m engine rejuvenation, wiper motor assembly, windscreen wash liquid.
wheel alignment done for free and a complimentary wash.
was amazed when i saw the under body not even a single damage even after scrapping many speed breakers. car seems to have become smooth power has increased a bit. that weird noise at 2000-2500 rpm the service guy said its the vgt intake in every aveo need not worry. valve ticking he said to chuck it as im selling it off by January.
5% discount on labour and 10% on spares.
good service from chevy :) can even see while they work on your car
go to polish my car on my own tomorrow

Top Bottom