Chennai To Palakkad Trip Planning

Thread Starter #1
Hi All,
Thinking of visiting my office colleague and friend's place at Palakkad some time and thinking whether a weekend would suffice to do a road trip.

Route proposed:
Chennai - Villupuram - Ulundurpet - Kallakuruchi - Attur - Salem - Tiruppur - Coimbatore - Palakkad

My in-laws are at Salem, so done a lot of Chennai Salem trips - usually takes max of 5 hours 45 minutes to 6 hours depending on traffic.

Planning to start on a Friday early afternoon and return by Sunday late night. And also do some local sightseeing in and around Palakkad.

Is it a practical trip for a weekend or too tight? Also pointers on interesting places in and around Palakkad would be good.

If I do this trip, it would be with another office colleague who can also drive. And planning also to take our families along...

Last edited:
Planning to start on a Friday early afternoon and return by Sunday late night. And also do some local sightseeing in and around Palakkad.

Is it a practical trip for a weekend or too tight?
Very much possible to do. I take this route (till Perundurai) often and I could cover in less than 6 hours with 1 break.
On the practicality, it depends on your agenda. Hardly you get Saturday and few hours of Sunday, so most of the time you will be behind the wheels. See if you could take one more day off so you could make a relaxed sight seeing and journey.

Thread Starter #3
Very much possible to do. I take this route (till Perundurai) often and I could cover in less than 6 hours with 1 break.
On the practicality, it depends on your agenda. Hardly you get Saturday and few hours of Sunday, so most of the time you will be behind the wheels. See if you could take one more day off so you could make a relaxed sight seeing and journey.
I also thought it would be nice to get an extra day, since google itself suggests the journey time to be around 9 hours 45 minutes or so. which means, with enough breaks, it could take around 10 and a half hours of normal driving.
Will see how I can manage it.
I am sure going to interior Kerala would not be practical in this trip, so am restricting it to only Palakkad and places nearby. Still not fixed the travel date but most likely before end of the year.

Top Bottom