Chennai To Goa Road Trip

Thread Starter #1
Hi TAI-gars,

We have a plan for road trip in xylo to go goa this year end from chennai via bangalore (to pickup another friend) so please suggest the other destinations in en-route to bangalore to goa to coimbatore (Native) . i have some destinations in mind they are bangalore, mysore, tumkur, karwar, goa, jog falls, duthsagar, kokarna, murdeshwar, agumbe, coimbatore

1.Plan dates 24.12.2012 to 1.1.2019 two days stay in goa
2. XYLO with 5 persons( 3 driving)

Hi TAI-gars,
We have a plan for road trip in xylo to go goa this year end from chennai via bangalore (to pickup another friend) so please suggest the other destinations in en-route to bangalore to goa to coimbatore (Native) . i have some destinations in mind they are bangalore, mysore, tumkur, karwar, goa, jog falls, duthsagar, kokarna, murdeshwar, agumbe, coimbatore

1.Plan dates 24.12.2012 to 1.1.2019 two days stay in goa
2. XYLO with 5 persons( 3 driving)

I am assuming you guys are starting on 23rd Dec night itself? As 3 of you can drive & can take shifts!

If I were you guys, I would head straight to Goa without any deviations. Stay for 2-3 days. If you guys really need adventure & need to feed your adrenaline, stop at Dandeli. Not sure if Rafting will be available in Dec, but one of the best seasons to be in Dandeli is Oct-Dec. If tired of Goa (& the binge-partying!), then I would look at Coastal Karnataka. Coastal KA itself require 2-3 road trips & still might not justify the places. So beautiful.

On the way back, you could look at Gokarna/Murudeshwar stay & around places (Yana Caves, Jog Falls, etc). Although Jog falls would be a disappointment with no/much less water.

Post Kundapura, take a convoluted route to Udupi to cover Sringeri/Thirthahalli - Agumbe. Worth 1-2 days. You can stay in one of the 100s of homestays.

Mangalore for a day, especially for the cuisine. Not justified though.

Then via Sulia, Madikeri, Mysore, Chamarajnagar, Sathyamangalam you can reach Coimbatore. You can decide to stay in Madikeri (coorg) / Mysore.

Let us know your thoughts as well. And let the other members pitch in, the itinerary will evolve itself!

Plan dates 24.12.2012 to 1.1.2019 two days stay in goa
Wow... six years of travel as per the dates. Lucky chap [lol]

The dates you have chosen for your travel are coming under peak tourist season. You may get insane traffic all over these places.

I assume that you will be on road trip for total of 9 days. The route to cover most of the destinations shortlisted by you can be,
Chennai – Bangalore – Dharwad – Goa – Karwar – Udupi – Mangalore – Madikeri – Mysore – Chamarajanagar – Mettupalayam – Coimbatore – Avinashi – Salem – Krishnagiri – Chennai

24 Dec: Chennai – Bangalore – Dharwad – Goa. You can have overnight stay at Dudhsagar resort near Mollem.

25 Dec and 26 Dec: Enjoy Christmas in Goa. Mind it that Goa will be houseful in these 5 days.

27 Dec: Goa – Karwar – Gokarna – Murdeshwar - Udupi. Enjpy Gokarna beach and temples on the way. You may stay either stay at Murdeshwar or at Udupi

28 Dec: Udupi – Mangalore – Madikeri. Have overnight stay at Madikeri

29 Dec: Madikeri – Mysuru. You can complete the sightsee in Mysuru within a day except Brindavan Garden. You can stay in Mysore

30 Dec: Mysore – Coimbatore. You can either take a Ooty route or Chamarajanagar route to reach Coimbatore. Stay at Coimbatore

31 Dec: Coimbatore – Chennai. You can straight away drive back to home.

With this itinerary you have still left with one more day. You can decide whether to spend that one extra day in Goa, Mysore, Ooty or Coimbatore.

Top Bottom