Chennai to Delhi - GQ

Thread Starter #1
Hey All,

I am planning to travel from chennai to Delhi in my car.

So has started an thread exclusively for this!!

Please pour in your suggestions on this & has any one tried it before?

Any suggested route & time taken for travelling ?

oh thats a great planning zinam, to and fro would be some good miles covered, just be sure to check your car at its service centre, oils, brakes, clutch, headlights, brake lights all things before leaving.Also carry spare headlight bulbs for emergency and hyundai's ASS list nation wise and on highways for convenience.

We have traveled till Bhubaneshwar in GQ in our TATA Sierra! At that time the road was in construction with lots of diversions. I traveled some 6 years back. Now the roads would have been completed and would be in top class condition. We din face any problem in our Sierra for the whole trip so i expect your i10 to also hold good for the whole trip. Just check all the things as said by Vijay , one more advice avoid traveling in the night.

Thread Starter #5
We have traveled till Bhubaneshwar in GQ in our TATA Sierra! At that time the road was in construction with lots of diversions. I traveled some 6 years back. Now the roads would have been completed and would be in top class condition. We din face any problem in our Sierra for the whole trip so i expect your i10 to also hold good for the whole trip. Just check all the things as said by Vijay , one more advice avoid traveling in the night.
Oh!! Thats great to hear CoolDhaya!

So how much time it took for you to travel from chennai to BBS ?

Zinam, when are you planning for this mega trip?
This is my Dream Trip & I really love to push my i10 to the limits! May be a kind of Endurance Drive!

I am gearing up for few upgrades before i take on this long drive.

So will keep you all updated.[cheers]

Last edited:
better go for a head lamp bulb upgrade or get some hella's fitted(dose'nt look good for i-10 though) if you are planning to drive in the night too. and since yours is not an old car noothing else will be required i think.

Thread Starter #7
Yes. I am planning for an Hella Mounted on my Roof!!

Something like WRC cars or our Gypsy!

Will look like a killer on road :)

Great to know that. Wont a combination of fogs and headlamps help because the the onroof lamps dont look good on i10?

Thread Starter #9
Hmm.. No Akash!

The headlamps of i10 is underpowered. Fog lamps will help only in city drives.

But I really need a monster powered lights to make this trip a sucessful one!

Ya i agree that looks will be spoiled, But just for the trip it will be like that!

We always have a way out for all our problems!

It wont look bad. Its just we dont see Hatch cars with onroof lamps,so it may look odd. Lets see how the things turn out. Anyways i think utility is much more important than looks especially when you making such a long trip.

Drive safely and carefully.

I agree with Akash.

This will hamper the look of your i10(any hatchback generally).This type of installation is best suited to SUVs.If you place them on crash guards in front end,it will look fine,but I will not recommend anything overhead.

I would like to suggest you, to take few important stuffs on this mega long drive:-

1. A road map or the best option is install a SATNAV GPS system.

2. A torch light with 2-sets of spare batteries.

3. A first-aid box containing a bandage,a scissor,a gauge,savlon/dettol,painkiller,paracetamol tablets,cotton,crepe bandage.

4. A small metal stick,swissknife and a bicycle chain for personal safety.

5. 2 spare fuses of each ampere category used in your vehicle.

6. An engine fanbelt.

7. A set of all twin-headed wrenches and a screwdriver which can be used under emergencies.

8. A set of bulbs for headlamps,signal lamps,brakelights and reverse lights.

9. Mobile phone charger which can be connected to car power socket.

10. An extra mobile phone battery.

11. Phone numbers of hyundai on-road assistance,A.S.S. of the cities and towns through which you will pass on your way.

12. An umbrella.

13. An emergency red triangle, which you might have got from hyundai with your new car.

14. A bottle of each--brake fluid,coolant and engine oil.

15. Fill up your windwasher bottle with detergent water which will help alot during rain ,it will not let waterdrops to stay on windscreen.You can use cut potato for the same purpose.

16. Check the refrigerant in your aircondition system.

17. Install new brakepads.

18. A piece of rope(5meters) and a scrap cloth.

19. A 1Lr bottle full of petrol,securely tightened and kept securely in the car for emergencies like your tank got empty and the nearest filling station is just 1Lr of petrol away.

20. A flusk of tea or coffee and some snacks.

21. You can install roof-rails(wagon-r type),you can use it for utility purpose,without compromising on looks.

The last but not the least get your camera and capture every moment of your trip to share with us.[:D]

Last edited:
Thread Starter #13
Wow!! Thats a huge list AHI.

After reading it, I love to start immediately.

But there are lot of constraints.

I have to get my car ready ready for this dream trip.

Starting with my ICEing process, SAT NAV systems.

And mainly my vacation plan.

I need atleast 20 days for this trip!

Getting a break of 20 days is just imaginatory. But i have to do something!

But thanks a lot for your suggestions [cheers]

Thank you Zinam and Akash for your complements.[:)]

@Zinam: I wish you can manage to go for the trip after overcoming all your personal and social hurdles and make it a grand success.[cheers].Have a safe and happy trip.

@ Zinam Actually my dad wont drive in the night so we opted to stay in Vijayawada , Vishakapatnam and then finally Bhubaneshwar for each night. It took 3 days for us. So it comes around 400-450kms of travel each day in the mornings alone , my dad din travel more than 7 in the eve! Another 400-450kms and you will be reaching Kolkata also.

Top Bottom