Chennai To Attur via Ulundurpet: Road Condition

Thread Starter #1
I planned to drive down from Chennai to Attur via Ulundurpet, can someone who has recent traveled tell me the road conditions, 2 lane or 4 lane ?

I planned to drive down from Chennai to Attur via Ulundurpet, can someone who has recent traveled tell me the road conditions, 2 lane or 4 lane ?
Its a National Highway. So no issues about the road as such. Its in excellent condition. Few section between Ulundhurpettai and Aaththur is 2-lane roads. But there should not much problem covering them off.

I'm a regular user, did my recent trip couple of days back. Entire stretch is well laid and not pot holes / patches, with more than sufficient restaurants & fuel stations. Only down side will be the intermittent 2 lanes from Ulundurpet to Attur. If you have fastag you could save a lot of time as well (except for Paranur toll every other toll has fastag lanes)

Thread Starter #4
Its a National Highway. So no issues about the road as such. Its in excellent condition. Few section between Ulundhurpettai and Aaththur is 2-lane roads. But there should not much problem covering them off.
Thanks Arun, roads were awesome !

Thread Starter #5
I'm a regular user, did my recent trip couple of days back. Entire stretch is well laid and not pot holes / patches, with more than sufficient restaurants & fuel stations. Only down side will be the intermittent 2 lanes from Ulundurpet to Attur. If you have fastag you could save a lot of time as well (except for Paranur toll every other toll has fastag lanes)
Thanks, roads were awesome !

Started from Chennai Annanagar at around 3:30 with traffic snarl until melmaruvathur (5 PM) and reached rasipuram by 10:30 which inclusive of 2 breaks one after Thindivanam (near Sithanni) and the other being A2B at Thulukkanur.

National Highway 79, I must say the road from Ulundrupet - Kallakurichi - Chinnasalem - Attur was simply superb and the road from Attur - Malliakarai - Rasipuram was pleasant surprise with so many Road Reflector/ Road Studs and extended wide roads making it so very suitable to drive. Seemed like both the roads were recently laid.

Top Bottom