CHEATING By Maruti Suzuki Dealer Automotive!

Thread Starter #1
This has reference to repairing done of my Maruti Zen car at Maruti Suzuki Dealer Automotive Manufacturers Pvt. Ltd., located at Nerual, Navi Mumbai, Maharashtra, India, from 22-05-2012 to 25-05-2012.

Automotive charged me for Cable Battery Ground, Parking Switch Assembly & Steering Joint Cover but did not replace them in my car as per the attached photographs 01, 02 & 03 which were taken after getting the delivery. This is very SHOCKING! Every one should be cautious when they give their car for Servicing to Maruti Dealers as in my case. Most of the people blindly trust the Maruti Dealers and make payments for the parts changes which they may not be changing as I have been cheated. I pointed out for those parts which I could see but what about the parts which could not be seen?

After this Repair the speed of the car was not increasing in linear manner when the accelerator pedal is pressed linearly. When the accelerator pedal is gradually pressed first the speed of the car increases then the speed decreases and with a jerk the speed increases. The car engine stops whenever the accelerator is pressed while moving the car from stationery. This is even after paying this Dealer for Carburetor Overhaul.

Stealing was not enough for Automotive that they even did poor repair of my car. After this repair the braking was not efficient even though Maruti Suzuki Dealer charged me for Rear Brake Drum / Shoes replacement and front Brake cleanup. The Gear Shift Controller became hard and it stuck when Gear is Changed, but it was smooth when the car was given for repair. When the clutch was released for moving the car, the car was vibrating and front tyres movement was Jerky, but it was not there when the car was given for Repair.

Every one should cross check that are the parts really changed in their car when it was given for repair to Maruti Suzuki Dealers. Even the Service / Repair can be of very poor quality as in my case!

Attachments

When ever they say some spares are changed the best thing to do is ask them where the old/replaced part is and tell them to give it back to you ! Or if possible tell them you want to see the parts being replaced.
Send a strong worded mail to Customer service.
Me too stopped visiting Automotive.
If possible go to Gangal motors Panvel. This is a small service center, but the jobs are carried out properly.

Last edited:
When ever they say some spares are changed the best thing to do is ask them where the old/replaced part is and tell them to give it back to you ! Or if possible tell them you want to see the parts being replaced.
Send a strong worded mail to Customer service.
Me too stopped visiting Automotive.
If possible go to Gangal motors Panvel. This is a small service center, but the jobs are carried out properly.
+100 You should always asked for the original damaged part if that particular part is replaced. Recently I got my PUNTO's wipers replaced and service center guys gave me the original damaged one as well. I asked for the original one and he said it is already in the boot .

hey anil similar was the case with me but with TATA Jaika Moters
i was charged around 12k for change of petrol tank due to likage.
after 6 months or say same problem happned. that time instead of visiting jaika i opted for after market repairing shops. they told that its repairing from last time has again busted and need to change the tank.
I went to Jaika but their excecutives were like i am a fool.
Decided no more TATA vehicles from then.
Finally over family has Linea (Liked vehicle very much so opted it not from Jaika)
SX4 and recently 1 week old my own POLO.

Yup from that instance i have always asked for damage parts be it 2/4 wheelers.

@Anil:
Haven't you gone back and gave 2-3 tight hands to the service adviser?This is not acceptable at all.You have paid your hard earned money.Just write a hard worded mail to customer and yes,don't forget to attach these three pics and a scanned copy of your bill with the mail.

@Kush:You guys faced issues with Tata and Maruti,think of me,I faced with TOYOTA,and their 'Q'-Service made a life-threatening mistake in my car.Have a look at this.

Thread Starter #6
I complained to Maruti India and after that Automotive took my car from my home and returned without rectifying the repair issues.

Buddy this time is to either teach them a lesson by hands and if you are not willing to do that then just go to an advocate and file a case against the dealership in the consumer forum.
E-mail is not going to give you the required action at any cost.
As we say in Hindi "Yeh log joote ke yaar hain,inhe jubaan ki baat nahi samajh aati(these people are friends shoes,they don't understand the the words spoken to them)".

Its not for no reason that every company offers good A.S.S. in our area,this is because they know that customer will gift them a shoe in no time if they make any serious mistake.

I too fed up with both Maruti and Hyundai service center, i already posted about my Hyundai experience on my i10 ownership review and Maruti is also not far behind.

My colleague's Estilo got break down in Gurgaon few weeks back, he got clutch plate replaced from Apra auto but till now his accelerator pedal is plagued with vibration which is not rectified even after couple of visits, things didn't end here those guys even forget to hooked back coolant tank and it was just lying in engine bay, there service is horrible nowadays.

Last month we gave my FIL WagonR to Rana motors Okhla for minor accidental repair, within a week of delivery AC stopped working, we had to run from pillar to post for its repair as they refused to take responsibility of poor workmanship for which they agreed later on as they damaged AC condenser while accidental repair.

^^Guys after reading both of you I am forced to say "Then Skoda and Toyota,both are far far better than Maruti and Hyundai in terms of A.S.S.".

Top Bottom