Cheap Ceramic Car Polish

I tested it on plastic (my laptop). It think its Dashbord polish mixed with turpentine and spirits.
After the solvents dry, it feels like an oil.
It exactly feels and smells like dashbord polish (bit like shoe polish) which we get in small sachets or polish soaked sponges which are for 20 Rs.
Surface does look pretty good after application, but it will come off after 1 wash.
Very good scam. My 480 rupees in the drain.
I did get 20 Rupees worth polish though (for car interiors only), so loss is 460/-

I guess my turtle wax will do for now.

Last edited:
Hahaha.... nice learning!

After using cars for over 28 years, I know the potential of a thick coating of simple hardwax from Waxpol. It's a pain to apply it evenly, but once done it can stay for atleast couple of months!

Ceramic/Teflon/Diamond/Glass and many more such coatings are fast losing their initial novelty due to high cost and poor results.

There are much more expensive polishes available in market and most of them are not worth any effort.

bhvm

Honoured Member
The only decent and permanent solution is to spray some kind of lacquer or clear coat on the paint. Industrial grade. Cars do already come with such coats, however their thickness if often compromised due to cost cutting.

However, you cannot spray such things by hand or even spray. Manufacturers use advanced robots to get an even coat on bare panels. Hence, generally, all these coatings are not a worth investment. Just regular shampoo-wax and usual care will help.

What helps most is getting shady parking and car cover.

Although the price isn't too suspicious to me (new products often take an initial loss to build a reputation), other things stick out:

1. Sketchy packaging
2. Mysterious extra 'gifts' [lol]
3. All the names in their reviews are Indian, but very few of the cars were ever sold in India. Some of those cars were never even sold in the US, where they claim their research/testing was done. Not saying Indians aren't everywhere, but the lack of corresponding name diversity is a red flag.
4. The E-class at the top is on European plates - not US or India as one would expect

Quick note: the price might be so low compared to MSRP because they're sending a much smaller quantity than the bottle is labeled for.

I've reached out for more details on their "scientific research". If I get a response, I will proceed with verification and report back here!

@Silver_Eyez was your replacement bottle also half full?

@VR_Shenoy please note this is supposed to be a coating, not a polish. It's more comparable to a wax or sealant. The differences have been discussed on this forum previously.

Although the price isn't too suspicious to me (new products often take an initial loss to build a reputation), other things stick out:

1. Sketchy packaging
2. Mysterious extra 'gifts' [lol]
3. All the names in their reviews are Indian, but very few of the cars were ever sold in India. Some of those cars were never even sold in the US, where they claim their research/testing was done. Not saying Indians aren't everywhere, but the lack of corresponding name diversity is a red flag.
4. The E-class at the top is on European plates - not US or India as one would expect

Quick note: the price might be so low compared to MSRP because they're sending a much smaller quantity than the bottle is labeled for.

I've reached out for more details on their "scientific research". If I get a response, I will proceed with verification and report back here!

@VR_Shenoy please note this is supposed to be a coating, not a polish. It's more comparable to a wax or sealant. The differences have been discussed on this forum previously.
I know it is ceramic or Teflon coating which costs around Rs 3000 to protect the body painting from rain and sun rays:::::I should have mentioned coating instead of polish:::::what I said how come for Rs 480 such ceramic polish is available when it was mentioned as Rs 2200 on the pack. Instead of going in for such cheap product, better to go for waxpol which not only gives shining to the body but also protect from rain water and sun rays too. I use wax polish twice ayear, before and after monsoon and the shining of my car is still good.

I think he buys regular polish, adds Turpentine and spirit and sells it as ProPolish.
The guy has lots of followers on facebook.
He must be rich by now. He is taking COD so people from income tax department should be interested in him.

Last edited:
I think he buys regular polish, adds Turpentine and spirit and sells it as ProPolish.
The guy has lots of followers on facebook.
He must be rich by now. He is taking COD so people from income tax department should be interested in him.
Sad that you fell as a victim to his trick. now there is no pint in repenting as the story - jackal which could not get the grapes saying grapes are sour. ::::: when the service place charge Rs 3000 for ceramic or Teflon coating, how could one think about getting the coat bottle for Rs 480. Many such advt come up but we have to be careful. just apply waxpol before and after monsoon and your car body will be safe. you can see the photos of my car in few tasks which i shared under M- 800 technical issues n solutions. My car looks reasonable white though it is 1998 model.

Attachments

Here's the response I got:

Hi Viru!

I am glad you took the time to ask. I’m very happy and excited to see you are motivated to find a solution to give your car the love and protection it needs. You are already ahead of most people since most people don’t even take this first step.

Pro Polish is a super ceramic car coating made using a Scientifically Engineered US Formula that protects your car from dirt, mud, and scratches. The protective layer formed by Pro Polish’s special ingredients made with the help of nanotechnology eliminate the need to wash your car with soap and water again and again.

Pro Polish has been formulated by U.S. scientists for car collectors and enthusiasts. It’s scientifically-proven formula bonds to the surface of your vehicle for maximum protection—protecting it from water, dirt, mud, scratches, and scrapes.

Pro Polish is Chemically-designed to repel water and mud & resist rust and damage and is guaranteed to provide professional-grade results for a fraction of the price.

I really recommend you go ahead with the purchase. We offer a no questions asked 60-day money back guarantee. If you don’t see any change within 60 days of using the product you can email me back and I’ll refund the payment right away.

Trust me I’ve had 100s of customers who felt the same way at first but when they finally saw the results for themselves they turned into believers like me. Some even personally sent me over a handwritten note thanking me for making them try Pro Polish.

Let me know if you have any other questions, Have a great day ahead.

--
Arjun Gulati
support@propolish.in
Seems very questionable so far. Full of buzz-words, with absolutely no substance. I've written a more...direct...response, let's see what he says.

Here's the response I got:

Seems very questionable so far. Full of buzz-words, with absolutely no substance. I've written a more...direct...response, let's see what he says.
Exactly the same CTRL-C CTRL-V reply I got from them.
Hope thry stand true on their 60days money back guarantee.

Not sure if the info helps but I am aware of a product by name Pro polish which sells for about $25 here (~500ml) with great reviews on amazon. Its sold by the company Shurhold. It is a decent product.

Still no info on that research, but at least we got the manufacturer's address?

Hi Viru!

I completely understand your concern. I’m very happy and excited to see you are motivated to find a solution to give your car the love and protection it needs.

Pro Polish is a super ceramic car coating made using a Scientifically Engineered US Formula that protects your car from water, dirt, mud, scratches, and scrapes.

Formulated by U.S. Scientists for car collectors and enthusiasts, Pro Polish is manufactured in a GMP certified factory with special ingredients made with the help of nanotechnology and is chemically designed to repel water, mud and resist rust and damage. The protective layer formed by Pro Polish’s special ingredients eliminate the need to wash your car with soap and water again and again.

For your reference the Address of the Manufacturer is:

Amardeep T
Urban Estate Phase II
Patiala

I really recommend you go ahead with the purchase. We offer a no questions asked 60-day money back guarantee. If you don’t see any change within 60 days of using the product you can email me back and I’ll refund the payment right away.

Trust me I’ve had 100s of customers who felt the same way at first but when they finally saw the quick and amazing results for themselves, they turned into believers like me. Some even personally sent me over a handwritten note thanking me for making them try Pro Polish.

Let me know if you have any other questions, Have a great day ahead.

--
Vandana Rao
support@propolish.in
He seems to be a person knowing how to write sweet words and make innocent persons his victims.
Oh absolutely

Exactly the same CTRL-C CTRL-V reply I got from them.
Hope thry stand true on their 60days money back guarantee.
Hopefully! Would be interesting to see if that works out for any of the members who bought it.

Sorry for the late reply,
The second bottle was full and sealed, nothing suspicious in it.
Yet to test it, but i will definitely try it out on a small portion of my car where kids have scribbled it like black board.

Sad that you fell as a victim to his trick. now there is no pint in repenting as the story - jackal which could not get the grapes saying grapes are sour. ::::: when the service place charge Rs 3000 for ceramic or Teflon coating, how could one think about getting the coat bottle for Rs 480. Many such advt come up but we have to be careful. just apply waxpol before and after monsoon and your car body will be safe. you can see the photos of my car in few tasks which i shared under M- 800 technical issues n solutions. My car looks reasonable white though it is 1998 model.
Shenoy Sir,
Your car looks Smooth ans Shiny
Amazing and consistent effort by you in maintaining the car so beautifully[clap]

Top Bottom