Cheap Car for Drag Racing

Well I am not sure about european cars bro.

Only one car I know and driven is Volkwagon Golf R32 that NA V6 engine is fast and sticks to the road

FIAT is okayish not that popular in Australia , and same goes for ALFA Romeo's one of my mate (indian guy) bought Alfa GT159 2009 Model and sold it in 3 months time thats how bad it was.

Honda cars if they are well tuned you can do alot with them. I am not a Honda Fan but in here you can get really nice modified car for cheap You have to love the sound of it.

Let me post a Video:

honda civic type-r - YouTube
I have done last year a Punto T-Jet, which does still have the T-Jet cams in it, that does the 0 to 100kph in 6.7 seconds. The car has no reduction in weight.

Romeo Ferraris has done an endurance 500 T-Jet with 360bhp. The race distance covered represents 1,20,000kms in road driving.

Fiat won several times the S2000 cup and the S1600. In either cups the Japanese didn't fare to well.

Going back to Honda.When I see a Honda engine in bits I feel sick.

I have seen too many of them blown up.

The FIRE variants in India are very durable engines and can live with a lot of abuse. The 1600 engine is hopelessly over engineered and has extremely low failure rate.

Even the 1.3M-Jet is very good. One of my German competitors is extracting 160bhp out of it

Much more popular than Tuning Hondas in Europe are Audis, BMWs, Citroens, Fiats, Fords, Mercedes, Peugeots, Opel/Vauxhalls, Renaults and Volkswagens. Also you will find quite a few Porsche tuners despite the low production numbers.

However, Peter is looking a the Zen and he should get our support on it.

Thanks for those points drifter

In this part of the world RB , JZ engines and LS2 v8 motors are more tuner friendly

I have seen thousands of RB/jz/ls2 swaps in cars

RB - Skyline engines
JZ - Toyota Supra's engine (and chasers 1jz)
LS2 - NA v8 American engine

My car is tuned to 330 rwhp @ 14 psi its a RB25DET engine

@ Topic yeah Zen is pretty good 990 cc something right?

Thread Starter #36
Just came to know that my old Uno is back on sale. My mechanic has a contact who has a brand new 1.6 Engine (which was used in the Palio 1.6 GTX). Can this engine be put into the Uno?

Lancer is purely meant for drift cars, though it can be best suited for drag edition.

Also drag cars are meant only for sedan types, the topic is little diverted with mentioning of cheap class of cars which are not opted for drag styles.

Lancer is purely meant for drift cars, though it can be best suited for drag edition.

Also drag cars are meant only for sedan types, the topic is little diverted with mentioning of cheap class of cars which are not opted for drag styles.
Lancer Evolutions (all wheel drives) can be good for drifting not the FWD editions mate

Do consider Swift petrol 1.3(2005-2007 old models). Even though its difficult to find those which are maintained well if you could find one I feel it would be a good choice for performance mods and would do the job for you.

Swifts are not good for Drag racing when compared to Esteems cos they are heavier.BUt you can play around with the cc in the Esteem

Thread Starter #41
We had a drag race last sunday. Had to go there with the i10. Not very exciting but suprisingly it managed to smoke the Swift 1.2's with ease.

350Z

Core Team
Good to know that, Peter. Please share some details and images of the event with us.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Top Bottom