Changing Tyres of Maruti Swift Dzire

Thread Starter #1
i own a 2009 swift dzire ran 45000km on factory fitted mrf zv2k 165/80/r14. now a days i'm hearing slippery sound in some smooth floor parking areas.but the grooves and button are clearly visible.should i change them?if yes suggest me safe,low noise,long running one which is available in hyderabad..

Maruti Swift comes with the K12 Suzuki K series engine which is a 1200cc K series engine which is same as in the existing generation of Maruti Swift. The petrol mill comes with same 1.2 liter KB series with a Variable Valve Timing (VVT) engine churning out 87 PS of power at 6000 rpm and an impressive 114 Nm of torque at 4000 rpm.

Considering the fact that the car has done 45K Kms it might be due to tyres worn out. Since visually its in good condition I would say you can contact your nearest Maruti dealer.

Price of a single tubeless tyre cost around 3800 to 4100 INR for brands like Bridgestone and MRF.

Maruti Swift comes with the K12 Suzuki K series engine which is a 1200cc K series engine which is same as in the existing generation of Maruti Swift. The petrol mill comes with same 1.2 liter KB series with a Variable Valve Timing (VVT) engine churning out 87 PS of power at 6000 rpm and an impressive 114 Nm of torque at 4000 rpm.
With the above details, what do you think about changing tyres. Wats ur suggesstion to azad..??

Last edited:
Nothing else except the 185 section Bridgestones or Michelins.
185 section is the tyre which you get on the ZXi/ZDi variant of the Swift/DZire and this is simply the best tyre for both of these cars.This will provide you with added grip(since DZire is terribly under-tyred and is always out of grip while hard braking and cornering),better handling,better braking and nearly negligible change in FE.

Either contact the dealership for them or get them from market.Its upon you.

Its time for a tyre change for your DZire Azad!
I own a 2008 DZire VDi; changed the stock JK's 165/80 to 185/70 Bridgestone Potenza GIIIs @ 45k kms in steel rims. Till date my car has clocked +75k kms. Drove the car with GIIIs for 30k kms and I am fully satisfied with them.
Go for 185/70 and my suggestion is GIIIs.[:D]

Hi Gurus,

This is my first post in this forum.

Mods and Founders,

Thank you for introducing such a great forum and I appreciate for letting me to be a part of it.

Members,

Thank you for taking out time from your busy schedule and helping amateurs, like me, in making a good choice.

My Problem:

I bought a Swift VXI 2012 model, Red (Non-ABS) version. The stock tires are of profile 165/80/R14 and I'm looking to upgrade to 205/55/R16 or 205/60/R16 or 205/55/R15.

The reason for 205 is I like wider tires; having said that, i do not want to go down on comfort and hence 205/60/. This is a family car and I want to make sure the comfort does not reduce.

Question:

1) What would be the problems if I upgrade to 205/55/16 or 205/60/16? I know that the perfect upgrade for swift is 195/60/R15 with almost same OD. But i like fat rubber, comfort and performance.

2) Which tires should I go for (please suggest for all the profiles).

3) Potenza GIII or Yoko S-drivers? GIIIs have 205/60/R16 available where as Yoko Sdrives do not. Yoko AVS db do have the same but I'm somehow reluctant, probably because I didn't see good reviews.

Please help [confused].

Old Swift DZire (2009) - Which Tyre?

So one of my tyre just got torn like a piece of torn cloth. Totally gone. Other 3 tyres are default (Bridgestone?). So I need to buy 1 tyre only. Which brand & model should I go for? My main use is in village type areas with uneven stoney roads & bad roads with huge potholes.

Re: Old Swift DZire (2009) - Which Tyre?

So one of my tyre just got torn like a piece of torn cloth. Totally gone. Other 3 tyres are default (Bridgestone?). So I need to buy 1 tyre only. Which brand & model should I go for? My main use is in village type areas with uneven stoney roads & bad roads with huge potholes.
My default tyres are MRF ZVK2 165/80R14.
Another question is - can I upgrade just 1 tyre to a different one (say 185/70R14 or other) and remaining 3 tyres keep default old 165/80R14?

Re: Old Swift DZire (2009) - Which Tyre?

My default tyres are MRF ZVK2 165/80R14.
Another question is - can I upgrade just 1 tyre to a different one (say 185/70R14 or other) and remaining 3 tyres keep default old 165/80R14?
1. It will look terribly odd.
2. Ride height as well as characteristics may be affected.

Better to stick to stock size or use stepney as main tyre and put the new wide tyre as spare.

Regards,
Alpha

Last edited:
Well then in stock size, which tyre do you recommend for village type areas with uneven stoney roads & bad roads with huge potholes?
Sorry I won't be able to recommend brands due to lack of experience with different brands (except MRF, which I feel decent enough for the price). But you should avoid Michelin as they have softer compound unsuitable for rough use.

Regards,
Alpha

Well then in stock size, which tyre do you recommend for village type areas with uneven stoney roads & bad roads with huge potholes?
Since you are buying only one tyre, it is better to get the same as other 3 three tyres. Same size, same brand and same model/pattern. Later when other 3 tyres wear out, put the new one as spare and get all 4 new tyres. That time you can choose different brands and sizes. Spare tyre can be undersize but for short period until you repair the correct size tyre.

I would recommend Bridgestone TURANZA AR20. It is avaible in stock tyre size (165/80 R14) and also upsize (185/70 R14 @ difference -0.81%). Alternatives are Michelin ENERGY XM2, Continental CONTIECO CONTACT 3, Bridgestone Potenza GIII and with these you can expect better grip, comfort and low tyre noise. Michelin tyres are soft indeed but they do last long if properly used and maintained.

Last edited:

Top Bottom