Changing Tyres of Maruti Swift Dzire

Re: Old Swift DZire (2009) - Which Tyre?

My default tyres are MRF ZVK2 165/80R14.
Another question is - can I upgrade just 1 tyre to a different one (say 185/70R14 or other) and remaining 3 tyres keep default old 165/80R14?
Going by the tire size your car is not ZXi/ZDi trim, so the spare will be of same spec as the ground wheels.
- Move the spare as 4th wheel
- Get a brand new upsize / different brand tire (if required, of any brand you plan to upgrade in future) and use it as spare
- Once all 4 ground tires are worn, switch to same brand / spec as your spare

Re: Old Swift DZire (2009) - Which Tyre?

Going by the tire size your car is not ZXi/ZDi trim, so the spare will be of same spec as the ground wheels.
- Move the spare as 4th wheel
- Get a brand new upsize / different brand tire (if required, of any brand you plan to upgrade in future) and use it as spare
- Once all 4 ground tires are worn, switch to same brand / spec as your spare
Yeah its LXI, not ZDI.
Thanks. Which model, brand do you recommend for stoney, Village roads with potholes?

Tyre size of Swift/Ritz Vxi is different from Zxi variant. Will there be any difference in car performance if Vxi tyres are swapped by Zxi tyres? Please explain friends.

Tyre size of Swift/Ritz Vxi is different from Zxi variant. Will there be any difference in car performance if Vxi tyres are swapped by Zxi tyres? Please explain friends.
Difference would be there in handling, ride, steering feel and cornering stability as well. But since manufacturer has recommended that size in Z variants, there won't be any issues like wheel arch scraping and so on. That size will be compatible in lower variants also.

Regards,
Alpha

i own a 2009 swift dzire ran 45000km on factory fitted mrf zv2k 165/80/r14. now a days i'm hearing slippery sound in some smooth floor parking areas.but the grooves and button are clearly visible.should i change them?if yes suggest me safe,low noise,long running one which is available in hyderabad..
I wouldn't recommend 165 to 185 on steel rims. But if you have alloys of 14" then 185/70 R14 is better to have, and if you need a little more then 205/60R 14 is other options without a fuzz. If 185/70 R14 then go for Michelin XM2. If 205/60 R14 then Bridgestone Potenza GIII or Yokohama S drive.

S drive could cost you a little higher than Potenza GIII.
But if you are planning for rim size upgrade to 15 then 195/60R15 is best you can go for. Michelin XM2 is better to have in this case. Since the size is rare so the tyre could cost you little higher then the regular one.

Since you are having old swift so the wheel arc is not big as the new one. I would recommend to stay on 14".

Friends, how does following 3 compare for bad village roads?
Ceat Milaze
Ceat FuelSmart
MRF ZV2K
I believe MRF ZV2K is good for bad roads and will last long. CEAT offers unconditional warranty is what I have heard but I don't how good there tyres are.

Do you drive on bad roads all the time or 50/50?
Which car do you have and what is the tyre size?

I believe MRF ZV2K is good for bad roads and will last long. CEAT offers unconditional warranty is what I have heard but I don't how good there tyres are.

Do you drive on bad roads all the time or 50/50?
Which car do you have and what is the tyre size?
Car: Dzire 2009 Lxi
Tyre Size: 165/80 R14
Driving style: 75% bad roads

Go for upsize 185/70/R14. From the lot select MRF otherwise you can try for Bridgstone which can work in the both the worlds bad roads and good roads

Top Bottom