Central, Remote Locking - Any Questions

Thread Starter #1
Hi guys,
I couldn't find a thread related to central locking or remote locking, so I thought to create one.

I don't know much about this subject and I invite the experts to please give your views.

Here is my question -
When I got my zen, the remote key was missing. Can I replace the old control unit box (Piranha make) with another company's CU box but using the same wiring & actuators?

Yes, you can use the same wiring and actuators but before that you need to check the older wires and connectors, and how odl your old unit box it,
Latest ones have different set of connectors which might not fit in your old system so for better safety and perfectly running auro remote locking system its advisable to use the complete new set with new wiring and all.

Installing Keyless Entry on Maruti Esteem

Dear All
I have purchase a security system for my bike (remote key) but i want to install it on my car which is already having center locking system and power windows
main problem is that bike key less entry does not have output for center locking system
so i need to make additional circuit for it and install it on my car
the main advantage will be remote starting
but no reverse gear sound in it
members please give your suggestion on this
please see circuit [surprise]

Attachments

Suggestions regarding Remote central locking in Car

Hi guys! I have a pre-owned Chevrolet Optra 1.6. It has Xenos Rotweiler 190 1A Central locking which is working fine . I didn't get second key and remote with the car because owner had lost it sometimes back. Owner settled abroad . Now the problem is the remote has started giving problem somtimes it refuses to unlock . I have opened and checked the condition is bad. circuit board has started rusting .
There is no authorized dealer or any other who install or even sell Xenos Central locking . Upon asking for matching remote only two shops agreed to provide remote on order but for rs. 1500. They suggested to replace the whole kit with new one for rs. 2500-3000. I want suggestions from you guys . What should i do? Current Xenos kit is approximately 5-6 years old. If i choose to get the remote only for rs. 1500, i am not sure the internal kit parts will work r at least 3-4 more years. If i choose to get new whole kit, is it possible to get a good quality kit with ignition cut-off feature with in rs. 3000 ?

Re: Suggestions regarding Remote central locking in Car

Go for an Autocop or Minda central locking kit. It would cost around 3000-3500 bucks. What exactly is the ignition cutoff feature? I think most central locking devices have this thing.

Spending 1.5k on existing Xenos kit doesn't make much sense.

Go for an Autocop or Minda central locking kit. It would cost around 3000-3500 bucks. What exactly is the ignition cutoff feature? I think most central locking devices have this thing.

Spending 1.5k on existing Xenos kit doesn't make much sense.
Autocop ,minda central locking kits are very good i know. I used Autocop in my Alto and it was perfect. My car is not equipped with Immobilizer, that's why i want ignition cut-off feature in my central locking . Car should not start even with it's original key if it was not unlocked through remote . RD central locking is very popular in my local market. How good it is?

Autocop ,minda central locking kits are very good i know. I used Autocop in my Alto and it was perfect. My car is not equipped with Immobilizer, that's why i want ignition cut-off feature in my central locking . Car should not start even with it's original key if it was not unlocked through remote . RD central locking is very popular in my local market. How good it is?
Okay. Now I got it. Yes Autocop did have this "Ignition cut off" feature in their security systems. It could be programmed to On/Off also. You can approach shops for Autocop or Minda and look at the features of the product there itself. I do not remember correctly if it was MKE or something (model no.) but I am pretty sure that this feature was there.

And no I haven't heard about RD Central locking.

Hi guys! I have a pre-owned Chevrolet Optra 1.6. It has Xenos Rotweiler 190 1A Central locking which is working fine . I didn't get second key and remote with the car because owner had lost it sometimes back. Owner settled abroad . Now the problem is the remote has started giving problem somtimes it refuses to unlock . I have opened and checked the condition is bad. circuit board has started rusting .
There is no authorized dealer or any other who install or even sell Xenos Central locking . Upon asking for matching remote only two shops agreed to provide remote on order but for rs. 1500. They suggested to replace the whole kit with new one for rs. 2500-3000. I want suggestions from you guys . What should i do? Current Xenos kit is approximately 5-6 years old. If i choose to get the remote only for rs. 1500, i am not sure the internal kit parts will work r at least 3-4 more years. If i choose to get new whole kit, is it possible to get a good quality kit with ignition cut-off feature with in rs. 3000 ?
open center locking remote and after removing battery wash it with petrol and after that with diesel hope problem will be solved

open center locking remote and after removing battery wash it with petrol and after that with diesel hope problem will be solved
I have already cleaned it and it is working perfectly now, but due to it's age and condition of internal chip, i am afraid that it can stop working anytime , anywhere in near future.

I have a problem nowadays with my Maruti Nippon central locking. If I trigger the lock button, sound is coming from the siren and lights glows up, But door was not locking. If try again once or twice after unlocking it works. I suspect the master lock gun would be the issue. Should I replace that? or what could be the issues. Please ignite some spark on that.

Top Bottom