Celestial Black Beauty - Etios Diesel

Thread Starter #17
hey Rahul, Congrats for getting the black beauty home . Good to meet another Etios owner .
Do post your further experiences with her...
Thanks. Interesting to note that you also had a wagonr as your previous car [:)]

I have been driving the car daily and I could get used to the car easily with the power at low rpms.

I have noticed a problem of the gear sometimes making a "crrrunch" sound while putting it into Reverse slot. This also has been reported in another thread on the net. The solution given was to take the car forward a bit. What I am trying is to change the direction of the steering, bring it bit more to the centre before putting the gear to reverse. Looks like it works!

rahul sorry for being late but a hearty congratulations on your beauty, i've never liked the etios and neither seen it in black before but now i change my mind, the car looks hot in black
cheers and do keep updating

Thread Starter #21
I did a full tank today and found the mileage to be 17 kmpl[:)] The drive was only in Bangalore city - half of it in light traffic and remaining during peak hours.

Thread Starter #23
I did a full tank today and found the mileage to be 17 kmpl[:)] The drive was only in Bangalore city - half of it in light traffic and remaining during peak hours.
The car had travelled 260 kms after the earlier filling and the first service is due soon. Strangely, only one bar in the fuel indicator had disappeared and I was impatient to check the mileage! On filling the diesel to full tank again, calculated the mileage to be around ~21 kmpl. [:)]The drive condition was the same as the earlier calculation - AC was mostly off, completely in Bangalore city - half of it in light traffic and remaining during peak hours.

Since it's in the run-in period, I have not taken it beyond 90 kmph and the rpm has been kept mostly below 2500.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #24
I did the first service today at almost 1300 kms. The charges would have been nil, but for my insistence to change the engine oil. The SA indicated that it's necessary only at 10000kms. Anyway, due to the engine oil and filter change the cost came to Rs. 1500.

SA mentioned that the sound during engaging the reverse has been reported by few others and has gone as a feedback to Toyota as well, but there is no clear solution so far. Anyway, I have my own workaround which I informed the SA. On autolock not happening after a certain speed, he indicated that this cannot be programmed with the remote locking unit that has come with the Etios.

After the engine oil change, the car feels a bit more smoother.

Congrats on your buy! As much a the car looks hideous on the inside, I must say that the drab grey interiors look best with the black body colour ! Wishing you miles of happy motoring - its a Toyota diesel so it will outlive cockroaches. Cheers !

Thread Starter #26
We went for our first long trip with the Etios. The destination was Hampi and the route taken was NH4 and NH13. NH4 was very good and NH13 was decent. The car was taken to a speed of 140 beyond which it was struggling to go... Most of the times, I could maintain the speed at 120 in NH4 and the mileage came down to 17. I believe it was a combination of the speed, AC on full time and the load in the car.

In Hampi, I also got few scratches on my car with the hawkers trying to write their name on the boot :(

I had the first accident where a rashly driven Indica scraped the bumper from the left side. The driver was an old aged IT professional! I noticed much later that the bumper protector was lost on the impact, but it had actually help in avoiding major scratches/dents. Anyway, I had to take the car to the service centre for fitting a new bumper protector. The service centre also did a touch up covering the scratches.

Along with this, I had seat covers and reverse sensor added to the car from Toyota service centre itself. The total cost came to Rs. 13500 including the bumper protectors.

Attachments

Last edited:
Nice pics Rahul. Sad to know about those scratches. Your black beauty is looking great in those pics. However i feel a boot spoiler would complete the looks.

350Z

Core Team
The boot spoiler sounds an interesting idea. In fact, I haven't seen one on Etios.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #30
^^

That's one of the negative points of a black colour. A light coat of dust really stands out and attracts all sand artists [:)] Am sure it would not happened on a silver coloured car.

Last edited:

Top Bottom