Celebrating 40 Years of Internet!

Thread Starter #1

350Z

Core Team
It may sound surprising, but the Internet is actually 40 years old today. Len Kleinrock, a computer scientist and his team at UCLA began experiments, laying the foundation of what later became the Internet.
On September 2, 1969, two computers send out meaningless test data at Kleinrock's lab at the University of California, Los Angeles. In the present day, it is well nigh impossible to imagine a world without the world wide web.

And which are the countries with the best Internet connection speed? No, it's not the United States.

South Korea, Singapore, the Netherlands, Denmark and Taiwan are the top five countries listed in terms of access to high-speed Internet.
The United States ranks 28th in the world in average Internet connection speed according to a report by the Communications Workers of America (CWA).

The average download speed in South Korea is 20.4 megabits per second (mbps), four times faster than the US average of 5.1 mbps.

Source: Rediff Business.

wow, never knew this, belated birthday wishes for internet which has changed the whole world amazingly bringing down all information,people everything on fingertips.

Thread Starter #3

350Z

Core Team
Yes Vijay. This was new for me as well.

Thanks to Internet, This has helped to all of us and this is the place where our lovely TAI lives!

All I would like to say on its b'day is "Stop Cyber Crime".

Drive Safe,
350Z

And which are the countries with the best Internet connection speed? No, it's not the United States.
What is the speed in India?
Here i think from 5-6 years we have decent speed, earlier it used to take 10 hrs. to download 4-5 page document.

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
india ranks 141st in broadband speeds [frustation]

and we are supposed to be the world BPO centre
Net Index by Ookla - All Countries
there are these online gamers and they post their speed tests [cry] they have accurate shots in the game and my ping's always high [anger]

well my net speed is just 512 kbps. next month will upgrade to 2mbps [:D] cost just 150 rupees more.

Top Bottom