Carrying a Hard Copy Of Driving Licence No Longer Mandatory

Thread Starter #1

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Drivers and riders of automobiles are not mandated to carry the physical copy of their original driving license all the time and it’s okay to carry an electronic copy of it instead.
Madras high court was Informed on Wednesday that an amendment has been brought about by the Centre to this effect and the notification is dated November 2, 2018.

Read:

Drivers and riders of automobiles are not mandated to carry the physical copy of their original driving license all the time and it’s okay to carry an electronic copy of it instead.
Madras high court was Informed on Wednesday that an amendment has been brought about by the Centre to this effect and the notification is dated November 2, 2018.
Read:
We don't know when the Phone Battery might die or screen might crack or the Cop is not in a listening mood. Better to carry a set of attested copies of "RC, Insurance and DL". List of Gazetted Officers including Govt School Principal/HM is here. You may get it attested by a Notary Public too.

Thread Starter #3

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Show valid original driving license when demanded – Mumbai Police

mumbai-police-license-traffic-fine.jpg

A twitter user (@son_of_KC), Kalpak Shah was stopped by Mumbai Police early morning, as a routine check by Mumbai Police. Kalpak was asked to show his driving license.

He showed the cops a soft / digital copy of his license. This was not accepted as a valid driving license and he was made to pay the fine.

Read:

deville_56

Honoured Member
Show valid original driving license when demanded – Mumbai Police

A twitter user (@son_of_KC), Kalpak Shah was stopped by Mumbai Police early morning, as a routine check by Mumbai Police. Kalpak was asked to show his driving license.

He showed the cops a soft / digital copy of his license. This was not accepted as a valid driving license and he was made to pay the fine.

Read:
Each state has their own set of MVD rules and they have to amend it to validate the central CMVD updation. Since then, its gonna be pain in our ass. Luckily, Govt of Kerala accepted and updated then itself. Even then, there are some ignorant guys here, but they have no problem with simple photocopies, don't even want them attested, lucky us.

Just like the post shown by Mr. @Nairrk , I too was stopped in my car when my Father was driving the car. Windows rolled down, cop asked for father's license and he showed the digital copy of DL scanned in his phone. The cop just refused to take it. He kept on saying that we must show him Father's real DL or photocopy of the same. And all this was happening after we just picked out second hand Manza from owner's home and were going back home.Arguments started and then i got my mind to working. Showed him the newspaper article where it was shown that digital copy of license is accepted, his face was like [think]and then we rolled of from there.

Top Bottom