Carputer in My Tata Safari!

Thread Starter #1
Hello,

From a long time I was in the process of installing a PC in my TCIC Safari, in the mean time I sold my old Safari and bought a 3.0L Dicor. So, the project which was delayed due to lack of components further delayed. It was lst month when I got all the required components for the PC the list goes as follows:

1) Monitor : VM70 Touch Screen from short-circuit.com

2) PSU : 160W Intelligent Car PSU from short-circuit.com

3) Case : DIY Acrylic case

4) Cables :
5m VGA for 300 Rs, 5m USB for 200 Rs, 2mm wire around 50 ft for 250 Rs.

5) Active USB Hub (500 rs Enter company)

6) 1 to 3 Cigarette lighter splitter

7) DIY Aux-in cable.

Tested and installed the PC in my car a few days ago, the installer (my usual car electrician) took 1000 INR for the whole work rest let the pictures do the talking:

CIMG2764.jpg

CIMG2763.jpg

CIMG2760-1.jpg

CIMG2759.jpg

CIMG2766.jpg

CIMG2765.jpg

Next step is adding a GPS receiver then a USB DVD drive, possibly a bluetooth.

Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Now I am able to see it.. Will we get lengthy wires as I can see you have placed the cpu at the rear.

Which OS are you using..

Thread Starter #6
Now I am able to see it.. Will we get lengthy wires as I can see you have placed the cpu at the rear.
Which OS are you using..
About the wires, this will be amongst the most farther position of a CPU from its Monitor in 99% of the cars. The VGA cable 5m was lot more longer and I had to tuck it inside same with the USB cable, the length was 25% more than it was required. You will not need these cable if you mount the CPU under the front passenger seat which is more of a convenient position. I am using Windows XP.

Congrats on your carputer.
Eager to see some running applications on that.
Thanks, more pics coming. :)

I am having issues with the touch screen I am unable to get the correct drivers, please help me to get the drivers (I have the same display you have).

Thread Starter #8
I am having issues with the touch screen I am unable to get the correct drivers, please help me to get the drivers (I have the same display you have).
Oh! But, you have'nt posted a thread yet! Huh! that's sad. Please share the details atleast of your carputer.

Here are the drivers

Software and Drivers

Download this file and just run the setup then calibrate your screen. If you find some difficulty then please share.

Thats an interesting set up mercedised, can you elaborate your vision and coverage with this set up? what all you plan to cover ?

Oh! But, you have'nt posted a thread yet! Huh! that's sad. Please share the details atleast of your carputer.

Here are the drivers

Software and Drivers

Download this file and just run the setup then calibrate your screen. If you find some difficulty then please share.
I am sorry, As it is fitted in my friend's car so I dint post any thing there.

Thanks for the link.

Thread Starter #14
Can anybody tell me how to stream music from cellphone to PC through bluetooth using bluetooth adapter?

wow it is cool.,, how its shut down when you remove the key? sudden switch of harm for the board right?

Top Bottom