Career Options in the Automotive Field?

@Jihu

Today a graduation is must for anything. So complete you graduation in commerce and join any good showroom either on the accounts side or sales/service adverser(this is best as you have contact with service center and mechanics always and you can learn a lot about cars), then once you save some money just try and start a garage on your own.

I suggest the same thing to SS80 and shantanu too, try and work in your own functions according to your studies and make some money and start the automobile things on your own. I can guarantee you every garage will have plenty of work friends and very important is never loose hope at any point of time, if you feel more stressed with the situation you can contact me and I will help you what to do next[:)]

A friend of mine is willing to buy an old or new indica/eeco/omni and start a taxi business. He loves driving and is also willing to drive the taxi (thus saving partially by not hiring a permanent driver) We discussed about this to many people but most of them are discouraging him to go in taxi business. He is a graduate in economics but is very poor in studies so can not pursue any further education. He has very less savings with him and is not financially supported by his parents.

I have seen many people starting from one 3 wheeler or omni and then gradually increasing the fleet one by one. I know taxi owners here saving 20-22k per month.

Is this business profitable in long run and are there any loans which are available without any guaranteer and mortgage ? If yes then which car should he choose ? EECO/Indica or some other car ? What are the pros and cons of owning a taxi and driving it? How much can one save and whats the life of a car used as taxi ?

As TAXI is also a career in automotive field so I posted here [;)] Sorry if I posted OT

@Shantanu

Idea is good, I think we have a member with the ID "alexdas" who I think has a TAXI business already and I hope he will help with a realistic things of this[:)]

Hi All,

I am pretty late to know about this thread, but yes have found it finally thanks to the help of the moderators.

I have been a car enthusiast right from child hood all thanks to my dad as he himself is one.
I have always loved, admired and literally worshipped cars( of course after my parents and God) in fact if you tell me to choose between a hot girl and a car it will always be the car, yes that is how much i love it. I don't say i am very knowledgeable in this field but yes i have decent enough knowledge and the craving to learn more and more. The automotive field is growing rapidly in india and i somehow want to be a part of it. I remember the dialogue from the Movie 3 Idiots where Amir khan tells madhvan and sharman to follow their dreams and not follow fame or money and i completely agree with it. I am 25 now and working in a financial company. Life is good and am getting the decent pay but life feels pretty dull. I wanted to go in the automotive field but during my collage days there was only auto mobile engineering and somehow did not get the support for doing it so was doing the Instrumentation engineering but due to an small accident had to leave engineering and go in for Commerce. Now here i again in a confused state whether to try the automotive field as it has developed vastly in the last 5 years.
I do not like the Sales or marketing part nor the core engineering part but love the Reviewing and Journalism part, usually that is done in a Auto magazine or auto show. Now i was considering the fact to just give a shot in this field for a year and see if its possible, as this world is pretty competitive and is not easy.

So i was looking out for some intern ship programmes or jobs where i can get more knowledge and experience in this field.

If anybody out here can help me on this issue or throw some more light on it, would be really helpful to me.

:help::help::help:

To become a journo , just write to every other editors of the car magazine.
Trust you will get replies.

I applied to over drive twice in gap of 4 years because i used to subscribe only to overdrive.

Both the times i got response and was asked to write in any topic first time and to choose any three topic from the list the second time.

hope so my writing was not upto mark.

You can try your luck !!

@ ilango[speed thirst]: Thanks a lot for the response will surely do that.

Also wanted to ask a thing which i forgot in the earlier thread.

For testing and writing a review on the car i would require a car in the first place as the showrooms wont provide me a drive for more than 3-4 kms and that is really not sufficient to judge a car. I Know magazines and forums develop the respect and fame after which the companies themselves provides cars for reviews but before that when they are in the starting phase do they have to rent in the cars from the companies or do the companies still provide them with cars for testing ??. Now if i want to review the cars does the company just provide it or do i have to rent it??

If any one out here is able to help me on this particular query it would be a big help.

^^I think you don't need to get a car from show rooms or companies. I think you can try writing something on the car you own and send it to them where they will see your understanding and writing skills.

@ ilango[speed thirst]: Thanks a lot for the response will surely do that.

Also wanted to ask a thing which i forgot in the earlier thread.

For testing and writing a review on the car i would require a car in the first place as the showrooms wont provide me a drive for more than 3-4 kms and that is really not sufficient to judge a car. I Know magazines and forums develop the respect and fame after which the companies themselves provides cars for reviews but before that when they are in the starting phase do they have to rent in the cars from the companies or do the companies still provide them with cars for testing ??. Now if i want to review the cars does the company just provide it or do i have to rent it??

If any one out here is able to help me on this particular query it would be a big help.
They will not ask to write a review on cars in the first stance.
They may give any topic to write on , related to cars.

Eg , first they asked write anything related to cars. I wrote about my car. That was 9 years back. When i read that it was crappy !!!! (2007~2008)

Next time after 5years , (2011) they asked to write on technical term , like VGT etc.

So just try. No worries.
Click some good pictures and improve your photography skills too.

@ ilango[speed thirst]: Thanks a lot again for the information.
I had contacted few editors but that was like 2 years back before joining work, but i did not get any response. In fact one of the guys in my colony was in the Long term reviewing sections of OD magazine and the Autocar where he would have be given cars on a term of a month where he would use it and find out all the plus points and the minus points. He took great jumps from there and is doing very well.
I even had spoken to him if he could help me get in some intern ship program but he rather criticized the field and told me not to go for it. Now i have never know the reason why.

Anyway will start something surely on a small scale of my own and also send my write ups to the editors, lets see if something clicks in. And i completely agree that i would have to up my photography skills to gain more interest.

Volkswagen offers advance diploma in autotronics at Hindustan University

Hindustan University and Volkswagen Sign MoU to offer Advance Diploma in AUTOTRONICS.
Hindustan University and Volkswagen Group Sales India Private Limited have signed an MoU to offer Advanced Diploma Course in Autotronics in Chennai, India. This unique course will be offered for the first time in India through Hindustan University.
Volkswagen Group Sales India Private Limited (VWGSIPL) is in the business of sales and service of Volkswagen Group cars in India. VWGSIPL has developed the curriculum for the ADVANCE DIPLOMA IN AUTOTRONICS and the same will be offered in India for the first time through Hindustan University.
Through this course, VWGSIPL shall endeavour to provide the participating students an insight of the modern automobile technologies. Hindustan University and VWGSIPL have mutually agreed to conduct this course at the University’s premises and the University has agreed to provide necessary resources for the same. The Advance Diploma in Autotronics course consisting of three learning modules spread over a period of 18 months which includes a 10 Weeks of internship. The program aims to raise the skills levels of recipients and further prepare them to join the global workforce in The Automotive Industry
Volkswagen Offers Advance Diploma In Autotronics At Hindustan University - Overdrive

Want to learn complete Aoto Body Works

Hi,

I want to learn complete Tinkering and painting works for car in depth from the best place in INDIA, kindly suggest me some institutes/ colleges dealing in such courses preferably any place with much of hands on experience/ internship.

Top Bottom