Car Wraps: Queries, Suggestions, Outlets, Reviews & Pics

Re: Car Wraps: Queries, Suggestions, Outlets, Review, Pics; Post here!

I want to add some zing to my Ecosport - Smoke Grey Color, but don't want to go for a 100% wrap, Any suggestions guys ?

Thread Starter #47

Akash1886

Honoured Member

I want to add some zing to my Ecosport - Smoke Grey Color, but don't want to go for a 100% wrap, Any suggestions guys ?
Buddy, just try a simple stripe pattern like one attached as pic. This would not only look clean rather it would certainly make your car look nice as well.

100cm-font-b-Car-b-font-font-b-Stripes-b-font-Stickers-ETIE-France-Flag-Colors.jpg

Regards

Akash

Thread Starter #50

Akash1886

Honoured Member

Buddies,

A neatly done Mercedes Benz ML Class seen today outside Crown Honda, Noida. The Carbon Fiber work on Alloys really complemented the car![:)]

20160630_134201.jpg

20160630_134209.jpg

20160630_140907.jpg

20160630_140935.jpg

Regards

Akash

Thread Starter #52

Akash1886

Honoured Member

Does car wrapping compromise with safety features ?
Well, mainly the wrapping is an external process done on the exterior panels of a car so no major compromise is there with regards to safety features. But yes, I do feel one should refrain from heavily tinting the headlamps and tail lights since it hampers the visibility at night time and bad weather. I had applied tints on my car's headlamps but realizing the issue, I removed it.

Regards

Akash

Guys,

I have booked a brezza LDI (O). I am planning to make it dual. Showroom people are saying, they can make it dual color for 17k. I heard a 3M outlet in Bangalore is also charging more or less same amount.

If it is wraps, after 2 years need to replace again? Give ur suggestions or the pros and cons. Plz

Thanks
Ari

Thread Starter #54

Akash1886

Honoured Member

I have booked a brezza LDI (O). I am planning to make it dual. Showroom people are saying, they can make it dual color for 17k. I heard a 3M outlet in Bangalore is also charging more or less same amount.

If it is wraps, after 2 years need to replace again? Give suggestions or the pros and cons.
See there is no mentioned timeline for changing a wrap. My car has hood and roof wrapped in gloss Black. It has been 2 years now and not a single issue has come up even due to rains and dew on it. It all depends as to what quality of wrap is being used and with 3M quality is assured for sure but workmanship isn't upto the mark sometimes so be careful on this part buddy. Also, prior to opting for 3M, would suggest you to check on other viable options in this regards at your place. As of the pros and cons which come to my mind for wraps are:

* Protects car's paint from minor scratches and fading.

* Lends aesthetics to the car (subject to choice)

Cons

Some wraps have property to shrink like Carbon Fiber.

The Carbon Fiber wrap even of 3M can fade away.

If the panel is not wrapped precisely on the edges and corners then wrap may peel away or develop bubbles.

It is also important that if for wrapping a specific panel like bumpers are taken out then make sure, the same is fixed back properly with all locks and nuts in place otherwise rattling can occur.

If a wrapped car is hit by another one and the wrap is torn then entire panel needs to be re-done.

Car Emblems after wrapping need to be properly fixed otherwise they can easily come off. Do not use elfee to stick the emblems on wraps.

Regards

Akash

hay Akash bro[:D]. Is it legal to wrap the vehicle in a fully different color from its original color ?

Thread Starter #56

Akash1886

Honoured Member

hay Akash bro. Is it legal to wrap the vehicle in a fully different color from its original color ?
Actually I am not much in favor of full body wrapping of cars or bikes but its one's own choice. As per law, I don't think it is correct to do full wraps for cars. I feel hood and roof wrapping is fair enough but not the sides.

Regards

Akash

bhvm

Honoured Member

any changes in colour has to be endorsed in rc book otherwise you're breaking a law.

if you wrap the roughly same color (eg Black paint to matte black wrap), shouldn't be much problem I guess.

Thread Starter #58

Akash1886

Honoured Member

any changes in colour has to be endorsed in rc book otherwise you're breaking a law.
Absolutely correct.

if you wrap the roughly same color (eg Black paint to matte black wrap), shouldn't be much problem I guess.
I would say, Gloss Black wrap matches more to the OEM Black Paint. Matte Finish and Gloss Finish do differ in looks buddy and the color in Matte Finish and color in Gloss Finish also differ alot.[:)]

Regards

Akash

bhvm

Honoured Member

Absolutely correct.

I would say, Gloss Black wrap matches more to the OEM Black Paint. Matte Finish and Gloss Finish do differ in looks buddy and the color in Matte Finish and color in Gloss Finish also differ alot.[:)]

Regards

Akash
I was talking about Legal Perspective buddy,
I think If its Written as "BLACK" on RC Book, does not matter much if its Matte/ Glossy.
However if you wrap your Black car to Green, you'll sure run Into legal issues, Thats what I wanted to convey.

legal hasseles only arise when the engine no. and chasis no . of the car dont match. rest you can colour your car with any colour no much objection would be there from the side of R.T.O. but yes if you endorse it on RC then there would be not even 1% of chance for anyone to point fingures.

i have changed the color of my bike from black to amber whiskey ( Name of the color) however when i approached the Local R.T.O he himself sated that as long as the chasis no. and engine no is the same we dont care much.

but definitely one needs to endorse the change in engine as well as frame due to some mishaps of the vehicle in the RC. otherwise you can be penalised.

Last edited:

Top Bottom