Car tyres change - M800

Thread Starter #1
Hello Folks,
just contemplating change of tyres for my maruti 800 since the stocks tyres have gone hard now and i am planning to change them before taking a long trip to Pondicherry!
i learnt that the best change could be going for the alto tyre which is 145/80/r12 with better handling and better mileage return and downside being the odo and spedo errors!
dear friends, please confirm the same! do share your experience if you have already done the same.

With that profile, you wont face major odo or speedo error. BTW which brand are going for?

Thread Starter #3
excellent! any suggestions for any other profile if those are better to be changed to? any suggestions for the brands? i was looking at apollo or if available, then in bridgestone(not checked that in market though)

excellent! any suggestions for any other profile if those are better to be changed to? any suggestions for the brands? i was looking at apollo or if available, then in bridgestone(not checked that in market though)
What kind of roads do you commute on? IMO go for bridgestone(ER60 145/80). Other options available are Michelin XM1(soft compound) which is quietest tire, Yokohama(check if the desired profile is available).

What kind of roads do you commute on? IMO go for bridgestone(ER60 145/80). Other options available are Michelin XM1(soft compound) which is quietest tire, Yokohama(check if the desired profile is available).
Bridgestone does have 145 one's, they are a good choice, i won't recommend apollo to you [;)]

Thread Starter #6
also, assuming some one has already gotten 145/80/R12 in their m800, can you please share the details of how and what change was done for the boot to fit the bigger dimension of this tyre! i am sure the 145/80/R12 wont directly fit in m800's boot where the stock size is 145/70/R12.
also can someone share inputs on their experience with these tyres(planning to go for bridgestone per recommendations)! ride quality? mileage betterment?

also, assuming some one has already gotten 145/80/R12 in their m800, can you please share the details of how and what change was done for the boot to fit the bigger dimension of this tyre! i am sure the 145/80/R12 wont directly fit in m800's boot where the stock size is 145/70/R12.
also can someone share inputs on their experience with these tyres(planning to go for bridgestone per recommendations)! ride quality? mileage betterment?
There will be no need to make any alterations to your boot, i think this change will be adjustable by your boot, as far as Bridgestone tyres are concerned, enquire GIII's if they come in R12 sizes, confirm from the dealer that they are Bi-Directional and not Uni-directional, Mileage shouldn't really affect you, it could be very very little, you know you can actually ignore it, when you will see the ride being more smooth, agile, and noise free, and don't forget to get tubeless ones, they should cost you around Rs.2000-2400 per tyre at most. Allthough prices vary at dealers due to several circumstances.

If you don't find Bridgestone's around, you can also opt for Yokohama A-Drives, they are pretty good in R12 sizes and comparable to Bridgestone in terms of quality build and comfort.

Regards,
Good Nite,

The ride quality would be decent. However if you are more concerned about ride quality, then better o with Michelin XM1 which provides better ride quality with minimum tire noise. The only disadvantage with them is their short life span(compared to Yoko etc).

Thread Starter #9
thx everyone! i am finalizing the Bridgestones shoes for my car.
will share pics as soon as get those tyres changed.

Top Bottom