Car Tyre Brands and Reviews

Which brand you think make the best car tyres in India?

• Total voters
Re: Car Tyre Brands and Reviews.

Hi, I am driving a Ford figo aspire 1.5 diesel titanium now, My car has factory fitted MRF ZV2K 175/65 82T on 14inches alloy wheels. Although, the tyres have good grip, they make noise and it seeping into the cabin. I pesonally like indian brands.

1. which indian brand makes good quality tyres without making road noise?

2. Does MRF offer higher quality tyres which are better than my stock tyres?

3. In indian brands, which tyres do you recommend for better road grip and noise less ride?

please help me.

Bridgestone any day for me, Turanza and Potenza have given me an awesome experience every way. Michelin Primacy 3ST is also equally good though.

Hi, I am driving a Ford figo aspire 1.5 diesel titanium now, My car has factory fitted MRF ZV2K 175/65 82T on 14inches alloy wheels. Although, the tyres have good grip, they make noise and it seeping into the cabin. I pesonally like indian brands.

1. which indian brand makes good quality tyres without making road noise?

2. Does MRF offer higher quality tyres which are better than my stock tyres?

3. In indian brands, which tyres do you recommend for better road grip and noise less ride?

please help me.
Going by what you need i think MRF ZLO would satisfy you both in terms of road grip and less road noise

Friends, Has anyone used/using MRF ZLO (185/70/R14). My Nissan Sunny has completed 37k in 3 years on it's MRF ZV2K stock tyres. Tyres are still in good condition (just one puncture) and expecting to last beyond 50k. I still have 1 year/12k to replace it, but started researching.

AFAIK, traditionally MRFs are hard and gives stiff ride, but I read in many reviews that ZLO is softer and gives better ride quality.

Also, please suggest other options, my priority is soft ride and life around 45k (city driving mainly).
Go for MRF ZLO eyes closed its silent as it uses soft compound and grip is good, i have been using the 185/70/14 for a year and have never felt disappointed i considered it over CC5 during my purchase and don't regret for it even now[;)]

Last edited by a moderator:

I have Goodyear Duraplus (OE) on my Dzire. It is 62000 kms and 4.5 years. After hearing that most tires need a change after 30000 to 40000 km, I went to car dealer asking for a change and he said these are still good and can last a few thousand kms. I also went to a tire shop and guy there said that these can last a couple thousands more. He didnt know kms and time of tires.
My question is how long does Duraplus really last? I dont have any problems with the tires as of now. May be high speed braking but that doesnt happen frequently. When should I change these?
Also, interestingly both dealer and tire shop guy advised against installing Duraplus again. I wonder why, as these seems to be lasting way more than anything else.

I have Goodyear Duraplus (OE) on my Dzire. It is 62000 kms and 4.5 years. After hearing that most tires need a change after 30000 to 40000 km, I went to car dealer asking for a change and he said these are still good and can last a few thousand kms. I also went to a tire shop and guy there said that these can last a couple thousands more. He didnt know kms and time of tires.
My question is how long does Duraplus really last? I dont have any problems with the tires as of now. May be high speed braking but that doesnt happen frequently. When should I change these?
Also, .
Tyres with hard compound generally has more life than tyres with soft compound and both are used for different applications like Hard compound for durability and longevity, soft compound for smoothness and performance.

interestingly both dealer and tire shop guy advised against installing Duraplus again. I wonder why, as these seems to be lasting way more than anything else
Tyre shops usually recommends moving brands and stocks they have to move frequently.

Also, interestingly both dealer and tire shop guy advised against installing Duraplus again. I wonder why, as these seems to be lasting way more than anything else.
I had got Michelin 3 ST on my Renault Scala and had run 75 k kms with them till the time i sold my car in 2.5 yrs. and still they could easily run another 25-30k kms. They were just amazing and now i have contimax MC5 from Continental on my Ciaz and my tyre dealer gave me the feedback that these should also run around the same or may be better than the Michelin.

Last edited:

Guys looking to change my 4 year old BS Turanza as I feel they become bit brittle due to less running. I got 3 quick punctures done within a months time for 3 different tyres.

Look forward for your inputs on the same. Its 185/70/R14 for Suzuki Ritz LDI

Guys looking to change my 4 year old BS Turanza as I feel they become bit brittle due to less running. I got 3 quick punctures done within a months time for 3 different tyres.

Look forward for your inputs on the same. Its 185/70/R14 for Suzuki Ritz LDI
Consider Michelin XM2, i am using that for my Ritz for the last 4 years and the results are really good.

I have used 3 tyres till now.
1] Bridgestone B290, in 20K kms they were half bald (on my alto), tyre noise was there.
2] Truanza ER300 - in 8 years had done 65K kms. Tread was still there, but for safety reasons i changed them (Corolla Altis). They used to skid a lot and road noise was max.
3] Yokohama Earth 1 - in 1 year have done 20 K kms. Still no signs of visible wear. 2 punctures in 1 tyre and 1 in other. 2 still not punctured. Noise is very low, they grip like superman grip. I think story will be different after few years due to rubber hardening.

Last edited:

Most of the CAR owners are aware of only the above 14 – 15 Tyre Brands. It seems no one knows the new comer which is catching up the Indian Market car Tyre segment.
Replacement of all the 4 tyres in my M- 800 DX of 1998 Model.
Background : 2 Nos of stock Tyres of MRF were replaced in March 2006 by 2 Nos Bridge stone tube Type Radial Tyres, each costing Rs 1250 at 33800 kms. Remaining 2 Nos Stock MRF Tyres were replaced in November 2007 by 2 Nos Bridgestone tube type Radial Tyres, each costing Rs 1525 each at 38890 kms. The Wheel Alignment as well as Wheel Balancing was done each time.

Call it my ignorance that I never changed my 4 tyres of Bridgestone for 10/11 yrs as there was not a single puncture in these 11 yrs. The Stepney also remanded idle for 11 yrs in my Dicky. Honestly I FORGOT how to change the tyre in case of any tube punctures but sure of getting help from some youngsters, if at all, it happened. Of course at every 5000 kms, I got the Wheel Alignment as well as Wheel Balancing done. Added to that my car usage was hardly 1000 to 1200 kms per year, that too only city drive, from 2012 to 2016.

I came to know from many members that I have to change my tyres and it was the high time for my own safety. So few exchange of messages took place with members from May 2017 onwards. However I kept the replacement of tyres pending and wanted to take care of other issues such as Engine Oil flushing, Brake O/H, Under body Anti – rust coating, replacement of Bumper, Head lights, Engine Bay cleaning, Carburettor O/H etc etc .
I had 4 choices – Go for Michelin 145/80/R12 Tubeless each costing each Rs 3400 . 2nd Choice was Bridgestone Turanza 145/80 R 12 Er60 Tubeless each costing Rs 3700 each. 3rd choice was Goodyear Duraco Hi Miler 145/70 R 12 each costing Rs 2700. 4th Choice was Firestone 145/70R12 FR500 each costing Rs 2300.

I gave lot of thoughts, because the scaring thought in my mind was that if at all I have to change all the 4 Rims, add another Rs 4000. On opening and after thorough checking it was found that the stock Steel Rims were in good shape, no rusting, no bend anywhere. Also the usage of my car is mainly limited to city drive and seldom Highway drive. So I took a calculated risk and decided to go for Firestone Tyres on 29th October 2017 at 55,086 kms. The manufacturing date is July 2017, 2 tyres are just 14 weeks old and 2 tyres are 15 weeks old. The Total cost is Rs 10,117. I have kept one best tube type Bridgestone Tyre as Stepney.
4 Nos Firestone FR 500 tyres = Rs 9200
Wheel Alignment = Rs 200
Wheel Balancing = Rs 160
Tyre Changing service = Rs 40
N2 Filling = Rs 200 ( This seems to be high because at petrol pump we get it free if we fill up the petrol there)
8 plastic Loops for Wheel caps Rs 40
4 nos Tyre Necks( Nipples) - Rs 200
Balancing of old Tyre - Rs 77
Grand Total = Rs 10117
I am trying to post the pattern of tyres here. If the repetition of sharing the photos is allowed.

Attachments

Last edited:

Consider Michelin XM2, i am using that for my Ritz for the last 4 years and the results are really good.
Yeah I have these in mind but I am worried of side wall strength as my usage in city as well village roads.

I have used 3 tyres till now.
1] Bridgestone B290, in 20K kms they were half bald (on my alto), tyre noise was there.
2] Truanza ER300 - in 8 years had done 65K kms. Tread was still there, but for safety reasons i changed them (Corolla Altis). They used to skid a lot and road noise was max.
3] Yokohama Earth 1 - in 1 year have done 20 K kms. Still no signs of visible wear. 2 punctures in 1 tyre and 1 in other. 2 still not punctured. Noise is very low, they grip like superman grip. I think story will be different after few years due to rubber hardening.
Yeah Yokohama Earth 1, read about it many places and have in the list at the moment. thank you.

Present Turanza are good but I felt the grip is not that great and the noise too much. So this time want to address both these issues.

I may change my car by next year so do not want to go with costlier options.

How about Conti and goodyear

As I recall, Firestone is a old company and had its mfg unit at sewri(?) in Mumbai and later was sold to Modis and known as Modistone. But the ill- famous Datta Samant killed that company with prolonged labour strike.

Bridge stone is still a better choice, followed by Michellin. When Bride stone took over Firestone in USA, they tried to bring Firestone back in India and stared 2 mfg units - one at Chakan Pune and another at Kheda , Indore. They have purposely kept the rates low now to capture the market.

I am happy with the performance of Firestone and the drive is smooth at 80-100 km speed on highways, almost same as I used to enjoy with Bridge stone. Since my usage is almost 90% city drive, I thought why not buy Firestone stone this time and the rates were reasonable too.

Finally front left tyre given off with a sudden puncture and decided to change the tyres immediately.

Options explored are..

1. Ceat Milaze : Rs.3500/- per tyre with 1 year warranty (fitment,WB,WA) included
2. Goodyear duraplus : 4100/- per tyre with 2 year guarantee, 1 year warranty (fitment,WA,WB included)

Look forward for quick inputs on these and any other suggestion. Am looking for an economic option as am keen to sell car after a years use

Top Bottom