Car Tyre Brands and Reviews

Which brand you think make the best car tyres in India?

• Total voters
Re: Car Tyre Brands and Reviews.

Alignment and balancing should be done on regular basis if want your tyres to last long. And one more thing i think 30000 kms life for Apollo Acelere is ok considering its price. Almost all soft rubber branded tyres has less life as compared to hard rubbers. You have to choose between comfort and long life.
i was doing the wheel alignment in every 2-2.5K km. I dont think Accelere is cheaper though Amazer XL is rs.100 costlier than this. MRF tires are rs.400-500 cheaper than accelere for a single piece in this particular size.

i didnt felt much difference in comfort on this tire, though there was no issues with this tire till now.The only difference i felt is, it never skidded like my old tire and i didnt have to touch the spare wheel or Jack for the past 30K KM.

What you will suggest buying 2 MRF ZEC/Zcc and keeping the current spare wheel as spare ?
or buying 1 more accelere and use it with spare wheel in front?

how about chinese tires ??????
We have plenty of chinese / korean model tires are available in our area with comparetively 30 % less price with indian brands. i am also in 2 mind to try this or not.
My 2 cousin brothers are using nanking and nexen brand respctively in city and figo. They have not faced any issues.
My brothers city wihich using nanking brand tires(in city stock alloy) losing tire pressure within 2 weeks. But he didnt care it much, since his usuage is less. i am not sure this is a problem of that tubeless tires.

Last edited:

I am using JK Tornado. Pretty sub-standard tires but have lasted for 5 years since I rarely use and have clocked only 35000 kms. Condition is pretty new and I am still using OEM tyres. Only replaced 1 tire (front left) since the tyre was having some defects.

i was doing the wheel alignment in every 2-2.5K km. I dont think Accelere is cheaper though Amazer XL is rs.100 costlier than this. MRF tires are rs.400-500 cheaper than accelere for a single piece in this particular size.

i didnt felt much difference in comfort on this tire, though there was no issues with this tire till now.The only difference i felt is, it never skidded like my old tire and i didnt have to touch the spare wheel or Jack for the past 30K KM.

What you will suggest buying 2 MRF ZEC/Zcc and keeping the current spare wheel as spare ?
or buying 1 more accelere and use it with spare wheel in front?

We have plenty of chinese / korean model tires are available in our area with comparetively 30 % less price with indian brands. i am also in 2 mind to try this or not.
My 2 cousin brothers are using nanking and nexen brand respctively in city and figo. They have not faced any issues.
My brothers city wihich using nanking brand tires(in city stock alloy) losing tire pressure within 2 weeks. But he didnt care it much, since his usuage is less. i am not sure this is a problem of that tubeless tires.
Acelere are neither cheaper nor costly. If you want more comfortable ride can go for brands like Michelin,Yokohama, Bridgestone. But they did not last long more than 30000 kms. If you want long lasting tyres and ready to compromise on comfort level then can consider JK, CEAT, MRF Apollo Amazer XL etc.
My stock Apollo Amazer xl lasted for 39000 kms[:D]
I will suggest you to replace all four tyres with brand new tyres. Old tyres can be sold to tyre dealers.

Last edited:

Acelere are neither cheaper nor costly. If you want more comfortable ride can go for brands like Michelin,Yokohama, Bridgestone. But they did not last long more than 30000 kms. If you want long lasting tyres and ready to compromise on comfort level then can consider JK, CEAT, MRF Apollo Amazer XL etc.
My stock Apollo Amazer xl lasted for 39000 kms[:D]
I will suggest you to replace all four tyres with brand new tyres. Old tyres can be sold to tyre dealers.
I have used Michelin twice & taken past 55k kms. Bridgestone too, have taken more than 60k kms. It all depends on how well we maintain - maintaining correct air pressure, periodic wheel alignment / balancing, ensuring bearings & suspension are in good condition etc.

I have used Michelin twice & taken past 55k kms. Bridgestone too, have taken more than 60k kms. It all depends on how well we maintain - maintaining correct air pressure, periodic wheel alignment / balancing, ensuring bearings & suspension are in good condition etc.
Yes, maintenance, driving style, road conditions are the biggest factors deciding the tyres life.
But in India we all know that roads are very bad except some Urban areas. So people like me who lives in rural areas can expect an averaage life of 40000 kms for their car tyres.

Surprised to see that nothing about Hankooks. They are well reputed brand. Though they are little noisy but have a good life.

Michelin XM2

I have changed my swift vdi tyres from MRF Z vts stock to Michelin XM 2 185/70/R14.
Stock tyre life- 48550 Kms
Considered Yoko A drive but finally went ahead with Michelin XM 2.
Now the rides are butter smooth. No complaints till date after driving about 1000+ kms with new tyres.
An excellent product recommended for valuable vehicle which any own.
I feel these tyres are a no nonsense purchase.

Last edited by a moderator:

My spark has run 47,000 kms on Stock Apollo Acceleres.
Never faced a problem.
Although there is still some rubber left and it will be sometime before the tread marker is clearly visible, I think its time for a change as I am very skeptical about driving on highways.
Does anyone know if Michelin has 155/70 R13 tires?

Their website doesn't have a model for Chevrolet Spark :(

And, does anyone know if I can sell the old tires for some price in Hyderabad?

Last edited:

Got 4 new Michelin tyres.
3700/- per tyre.
The difference in the drive experience is astounding. The steering feels light, the pickup is better and the car "feels" smooth.

Have to check the brakes yet.

Got 4 new Michelin tyres.
3700/- per tyre.
The difference in the drive experience is astounding. The steering feels light, the pickup is better and the car "feels" smooth.

Have to check the brakes yet.
Michelin experience is completely different from what you get from other tyres and I am big advocate of Michelin ever since I started using. And consistently I hear this 'wow' feedback from people switching over, which is a big testimony. Which model did you opt for (XM series ?)

Michelin experience is completely different from what you get from other tyres and I am big advocate of Michelin ever since I started using. And consistently I hear this 'wow' feedback from people switching over, which is a big testimony. Which model did you opt for (XM series ?)
TAIDhana, you are absolutely right. somehow the car feels smooth and quiet now or i may be dreaming :)

I think it was Energy XM

Top Bottom