Car Transfer From Ahmedabad To Pune

Thread Starter #1
My good friend is shifting from Ahmedabad to Pune with change in his job.He owns two cars, one maruti swift petrol, still on bank EMI's and another one Alto, 6 years old.He want to take one car over there, mostly swift but is not sure if he can transfer his car over there and register in maharashtra RTO which is still under bank loan.So experts please shed more lights on few questions.
1. Can he take his swift along with even while his emi's are being paid
2. What are the documents he needs to carry, certificates he needs to take from Ahmedabad RTO/Corporation
3.Where in Pune he needs to go for his registeration of vehicle from Gujarat city registered.
4. Approx what would be the charges for all these procedures, in Ahmedabad as well as Pune.
5. What time would it take to complete all these formalities.
6. Till his car gets registered in Pune RTO, would it be fine for him to use his car over there, or shall he get the papers first and then start using his car.
7. In ahmedabad, we have life time road tax which is supposed to be paid once while buying a car, dont know the system of maharashtra,Pune.
Anything else then this, please do pour in your inputs and information.

I think he should take NOC from Ahmedabad RTO and NOC from Bank also.
And he can use the car for few days, visitors from other places are allowed to drive for few days. Whenever some cops catches him, he should tell i have just come to Pune.:lol!:

I am sure he has to pay road tax in Pune, not sure if he can get back any money from Ahmedabad RTO..

Rule for transfer of vehicle from one state to another with finance

My good friend is shifting from Ahmedabad to Pune with change in his job.He owns two cars, one maruti swift petrol, still on bank EMI's and another one Alto, 6 years old.He want to take one car over there, mostly swift but is not sure if he can transfer his car over there and register in aharashtra RTO which is still under bank loan.So experts please shed more lights on few questions.
1. Can he take his swift along with even while his emi's are being paid
2. What are the documents he needs to carry, certificates he needs to take from Ahmedabad RTO/Corporation
3.Where in Pune he needs to go for his registeration of vehicle from Gujarat city registered.
4. Approx what would be the charges for all these procedures, in Ahmedabad as well as Pune.
5. What time would it take to complete all these formalities.
6. Till his car gets registered in Pune RTO, would it be fine for him to use his car over there, or shall he get the papers first and then start using his car.
7. In ahmedabad, we have life time road tax which is supposed to be paid once while buying a car, dont know the system of maharashtra,Pune.
Anything else then this, please do pour in your inputs and information.
Dear Vijay,

When your friend shifts his vehicles to Pune he will have to follow some procedure for a hassle free driving in the state of Maharashtra. When he move his vehicles registered in Gujarat RTO and move to Maharashtra then certain rules must be followed.

For first 3 months he can drive his cars with Gujarat registrations only. As per RTO rules it is considered as a visit. After that RTO officers will ask for Maharashtra registration papers. RTO officers will not accept tax for other state vehicle. They will ask for change of address and re-registration.

As per rules as he is planning to stay in Pune for more than one year he have to apply for change of address and re-registration. To apply for the change of address he have to get a NOC (No Objection Certificate) from the Gujarat RTO where the vehicle is registered.

How to Get a NOC

To apply for a No Objection Certificate you need following documents

1. Four copies of Form 28 with Chassis number pencil print and one court fee stamp of Rs 4, not sure of the stamp price .
2. Police clearance certificate from the local police station
3. No Objection Letter from the financier as it is under finance and EMI is going on
4. Original RC Book
5. Insurance Certificate

With all the above documents he have to apply in the RTO office where the vehicle is registered. It will take few days for them to prepare a NOC. If you go through an agent you may get it fast but they will charge you at least Rs1200/-. Without any bribe or agents he will get his NOC in 4 days from Ahmedabad RTO. So if he have time then it is better to go directly.

Change of Address and Re-registration

After getting NOC he have to apply for change of address and re-registration in Maharashtra with following documents

1. No Objection Certificate from the original RTO
2. Police clearance certificate stating that this vehicle is not a stolen one
3. Consent from the Financier as it is under EMI
4. 2 photos
5. Tax Certificate
6. RC Book
7. Pollution Under Control Certificate
8. Insurance Certificate
9. Form 33 – Intimation of Change of Address for recording in the certificate of registration and office records
10. Form 29 – Notice of Transfer of Ownership of a motor vehicle
11. Form 30 – Application for intimation and transfer of ownership of a motor vehicle

He have to apply for a change of address and re-registration with above documents and pay the life time tax again in Maharashtra. It will take 2-3 months to get the new registration number. After that he can apply for a refund in tax in the Ahmedabad RTO.

Hope this can help your friend and ease up the process for transfer of his cars

Last edited:
Nice Explaination AHI.

I know all these, But you explained it in a way which will reach even a newbie :)

Thread Starter #10
thanks a ton for your detailed information DD, very useful and easy to understand.I have also heard that after few months over there, he can just pay the road tax and can still drive his vehicle without changing registeration,is that viable to go with.Cause its his uncertainity about how long he stays there, a year or so, after may be he might switch to other state too. So whats the best thing to be done right now.Also i was told by few people that he can always carry his fuel bills of here, last service copy and can continue driving his car over there.

thanks a ton for your detailed information DD, very useful and easy to understand.I have also heard that after few months over there, he can just pay the road tax and can still drive his vehicle without changing registeration,is that viable to go with.Cause its his uncertainity about how long he stays there, a year or so, after may be he might switch to other state too. So whats the best thing to be done right now.Also i was told by few people that he can always carry his fuel bills of here, last service copy and can continue driving his car over there.
Most welcome Vijay, anytime, I am glad that it is useful to you.

Ya he can if only he stays there for not more than 1 year or else he have to get the vehicles registered there in pune as I mentioned

Thread Starter #12
DD, one more thing, would it be better if he carries his 6 years old Alto over there, where road tax would be lesser compared to his new swift, also on his swift hypothecation is of his banker, so more of paper works to be done on his swift if taken there.I thought its good if he carries his alto there till his swift completes all EMI's.

DD, one more thing, would it be better if he carries his 6 years old Alto over there, where road tax would be lesser compared to his new swift, also on his swift hypothecation is of his banker, so more of paper works to be done on his swift if taken there.I thought its good if he carries his alto there till his swift completes all EMI's.
Ya that can be done if your friend dont feel bad for keeping the swift behind,nice idea I should say.

Thread Starter #14
Ya that can be done if your friend dont feel bad for keeping the swift behind,nice idea I should say.

absolutely not, he has his parents staying here, so either car was kept for them, and he is fine keeping his swift too.lets see what does he finalise, he has seen this thead and is in pune right now, will know whats finalised after few days.

Top Bottom