Car Scan Tool (OBD) – Queries & Discussions

I am using a obd 2 ELM 327 for my for fiesta & it works like a charm. You have to see which protocol the car ecu supports. In the case of Ford fiesta classic the protocol that it supports is SAE J1850 PWM (41.6 kbaud).
You got to verify with the seller before buying if you don't have an idea about it. There are certain obd 2 that do not support Ford and you are one of the unlucky one. Any ways talk to your seller if he could exchange the product.

I have OBD ii ELM 327 Mini on my Ford Ecosport, I got it for 599 Rs., and as expected owing to its cheap prize it works on its own fancy. However, I am not planning to upgrade it as my Ecosport has a lid over its OBD ii port which refuses to close once I put an OBD device on the port.

Its non removable I guess. Does anyone here has a solution ?? I do not want to cut it.

Hi guys,

I recently got an elm 327 adapter (Bluetooth) from amazon . I have seen many guys claim that it works with nano! I have a 2012 model nano. But the device is not getting connected to Bluetooth! Once it got paired . but when I tried again it doesn't even show up ! Is it a defective piece ?

Regards,
Syed Akmal.

Hi guys,

I recently got an elm 327 adapter (Bluetooth) from amazon . I have seen many guys claim that it works with nano! I have a 2012 model nano. But the device is not getting connected to Bluetooth! Once it got paired . but when I tried again it doesn't even show up ! Is it a defective piece ?

Regards,
Syed Akmal.
I think you have a defective piece. Talk to the seller & ask for a replacement. You should be able to get it.

Hi vdm295,
I spoke to the seller and he accepted my return request! He says that elm 327 is not compatible with tata !!! But I have seen many members of this forum use it with nano ! Is the seller trying to dub me ?

Regards,
Syed

Car Scan Tool (OBD) – Queries & Discussions

Elm327 obd 2 is compatible with all the cars manufactured post 2012. You got to find out which protocol your car supports. As I have mentioned in the earlier post you got to verify with the seller if that particular obd supports your car ecu. Certain kind of devices so not support that protocol & hence you are facing this problem.

I have tata indigo glx 2004 mode. i can see the port below passenger sit but not sure if it supports OBD2? can any one help me if my car is OBD2 compliant?

Hi Guys,

I am new to this forum and expecting some help from you. I own a Wagon R VXI 2012 model and would like to know if there is any OBD adaptor I can use to monitor the car. I am trying to do a home project and any help would be highly appreciated.

I came to know ( through this forum only from ice_wise ) that - it is OBD I Compliant, if not OBD II. You can get an ELM327 adapter, which is bluetooth enabled I think and use the Torque app on your phone. ice_wise refereed this forum for more clarification. Can you guys help me.

Also I would like to know what are the things I should considering before purchasing the adaptor and please point to some good educational sites/material to understand OBD protocol and programming. Thanks!

Regards
Abhi

Guys, i noticed one thing- if you keep your adapter connected, it always remains on, so will drain the battery. Since we use it to detect problems, i keep mine in the car but not connected. If i get an error light, i will connect, call my contact at the ASC and report the issue or code

All cars manufactured post Jan 2010 are required to be obd compliant by law. So you should be able to get an obd for your Wagon R 2012. Just make sure to confirm with the seller first

Ameyam

Thanks for the quick reply [clap] and I do find ICAR3 is better equipped than the supermini elm 327. But the product dimensions seems gross
ICAR3 12.2 x 7.1 x 3.5 cm
supermini elm327 5.1 x 4.6 x 2.5 cm
The Zest's OBD port is behind the large snap on panel, to the right of steering column. My requirement is plug in the obd scanner close the snap on panel and move on. So wannabe double sure that the scanner snugly fits inside the panel. But the ICAR3 with ignition controlled on/off seems attractive. Want to confirm if fellow zest owners have used/using any scanners currently in their vehicles. ICAR3 is my first preference from now on.
Hello...i also own a zest revotron. I was also thinking of buying a Bluetooth obd. Did you find a suitable one for zest...eager to here from you

OBD Scan Tool - Bluetooth / Wi-Fi (Alto LXi - 2004)

I have tried to search a OBD Scan Tool for my Alto LXi on google and forums, but not able to get much information. There are lots of Alto LXi still alive and i think some one must have cracked this. On Amazon people say OBD-II scanner does not work with Alto or Swift. But the port is there and its pretty functional. Request some one to help me on this.

I need it for checking RPM and Error codes.

Hello,
You can get a scan tool which can be connected your car's OBD port directly. These modules communicate through Bluetooth, WIFI (good for iOS Devices) or USB with a smart phone, tablet or a PC. Bluetooth modules are available at ~ Rs 500 and WIFI modules are available at ~ Rs 1000. You will certainly require a software in your PC/Tablet/Smart Phone. Some software would require specially approved OBD module. But most softwares (like Torque, Dash Command, OBD Fusion etc) supports generic OBD modules like the ELM327 (these are available at Amazon, ebay etc). I personally use an ELM327 module (WIFI version) in my Ford Ecosport. The software I am using is OBD Fusion (would cost ~Rs650) in my iPhine6. Its really working fine and you can get many real time information like RPM, Speed, FE, Battery Voltage and many more. The same software can also locate fault codes and possible solutions to reset the MIL lamp. Let me know whether you want a detailed post. I can do a review :)

ELM327 worked fine with my Swift 2014. It doesnt work with with my friend's Alto 800 though as in it doesnt support all modules

Ameyam

Top Bottom