Car Scan Tool (OBD) – Queries & Discussions

its a simple plug& play device just like any other obd2. It has got no buttons unlike the other version icar2. Fuctionality is same for both as per the description. Bought it for around $13 and checked it on my polo tdi and my friend's polo TDI too..both the cars couldn't read it..but surprisingly both the cars could read the cheaper version blue color obd2. Later when I checked it on santro xing , it worked. and then I checked on i20 diesel,it didnt work. I have decided to try icar2 as well but the seller on aliexpress confirmed me that it doesn't work for diesel. So, in my opinion these so called faster ARM chip equipped icar2&icar3 doesn't work for diesels if not for majoriy of diesels. those cheaper ones only best for majority of cars I guess but as per people's opinion, they won't last longer.
First of all these devices (Vgates and the ELM 327) are just a mode of communication between the car's ECU and the app which you will be using. These themselves cannot do any sort of scanning and reporting of any error codes. This is done by the apps(Torque, Dashcommand, etc). I have been using Vgate Icar2 as well as Vgate Icar1 in both of my cars, a petrol Swift and a Scorpio which you know is a diesel one. Well for me both are working really fine and I have had no issues with either of those anytime. Infact I have even interchanged both the devices with both my cars and they worked perfectly fine. Keeping these devices connected to the car all the time especially if you do not use the car daily will definitely affect the battery. Only the model which comes with the hard ON/OFF button (Vgate) can be left connected with out worrying about the battery drain. Well I have not tested the latest Icar3 so cannot comment on this. But surely all these will work irrespective of whether it is diesel or a petrol car as long as the car supports the protocol being used by the device.

First of all these devices (Vgates and the ELM 327) are just a mode of communication between the car's ECU and the app which you will be using. These themselves cannot do any sort of scanning and reporting of any error codes. This is done by the apps(Torque, Dashcommand, etc). I have been using Vgate Icar2 as well as Vgate Icar1 in both of my cars, a petrol Swift and a Scorpio which you know is a diesel one. Well for me both are working really fine and I have had no issues with either of those anytime. Infact I have even interchanged both the devices with both my cars and they worked perfectly fine. Keeping these devices connected to the car all the time especially if you do not use the car daily will definitely affect the battery. Only the model which comes with the hard ON/OFF button (Vgate) can be left connected with out worrying about the battery drain. Well I have not tested the latest Icar3 so cannot comment on this. But surely all these will work irrespective of whether it is diesel or a petrol car as long as the car supports the protocol being used by the device.
Thanks for your info buddy..I am aware of the functionality of these chips but unfortunately the chip I bought didn't work on the diesels which I have mentioned earlier. In fact, I even tried connecting with 3 different apps as well. Probably, they won't work on few brand cars like vw, I am not sure.

That was nicely written one.

I wanted one to check FE of my spark accurately. But am scared of the problem of keep it connected. I would forget about it sometimes. I generally take my car once or twice a week.

That was nicely written one.

I wanted one to check FE of my spark accurately. But am scared of the problem of keep it connected. I would forget about it sometimes. I generally take my car once or twice a week.
in that case, you can get either icar2/icar3 which will go into power save mode within 30mins..it is ok even if you forget to take them out.

Yes leaving behind the device is not the ideal thing to do. Although you can try the one which has the hard switch to switch on and off. Please find the image below for your reference.
hello buddy, May I know on what diesel cars did you try this icar1? I again checked with some seller on aliexpress and he replied me saying that it doesn't work for polo diesel...

Hi, my name is Brijesh. I have a swift vdi 2008 model. Please tell me which OBD adapter will suit in my car Because I want to know average fuel consumption of my carand technical information of car like torque, coolant consumption etc and also tell me software for android phone which OBD ADAPTER suit please reply.

Hi, my name is Brijesh. I have a swift vdi 2008 model. Please tell me which OBD adapter will suit in my car Because I want to know average fuel consumption of my carand technical information of car like torque, coolant consumption etc and also tell me software for android phone which OBD ADAPTER suit please reply.
The OBD adapters available in the market will work on the models which are launched after 2010. So I am not sure any of the available OBD scanners will work on your car.

Hi
This is Tonmoy from Kolkata.I have a zen estilo( k-10B engine,)which is pretty similar to alto k10.Now i am looking for a obd,so if you could share the details of your obd ,it would be a great help for me.
Thanks

I'm using new honda city Ivtec bought in march and I want to know info about these OBD2 connectors. There are plenty online I just need to know which one will suit me! Users Kindly throw some light .

I just got the delivery of Vgate icar2 Obd purchased from eBay and it works like a charm on my Ford Fiesta Classic. I think it should also work with that of Honda city. As someone said earlier that the obd works with all the cars manufactured after 2012 except for Ford which were complaint with it since the year 2000.

I just got the delivery of Vgate icar2 Obd purchased from eBay and it works like a charm on my Ford Fiesta Classic. I think it should also work with that of Honda city. As someone said earlier that the obd works with all the cars manufactured after 2012 except for Ford which were complaint with it since the year 2000.
The one that you are using in the Fiesta Classic is OBD 2 or OBD 1.5?
I have an OBD 2 ELM 327 which is not compatible with the Ford Classic. When I asked a seller, he told me that Classic is compatible with 1.5 only.

Thanks

Top Bottom