Car Scan Tool (OBD) – Queries & Discussions

Re: ELM OBDII scanners

You simply need to connect it to socket provided on driver side foot well. You can connect it to laptop or mobile either using USB cable or bluetooth. Scanner provide you fault codes. You also get lots of real time information such as Speed, Coolant temp, Throttle etc. Some information depends upon sensors available in the car. Here are screen shot of Torque App which I use:

Home Screen:
Screen3.png

Attachments

Ok seriously, where the hell is the port in the 2014 model Swify Vxi? I spent quite a bity of time lying upside down in my driver seat well looking for it but couldnt find it[frustration]

Ameyam

Ok seriously, where the hell is the port in the 2014 model Swify Vxi? I spent quite a bity of time lying upside down in my driver seat well looking for it but couldnt find it[frustration]

Ameyam
Just see below the steering wheel coloum you will get the port.

Last edited by a moderator:

350Z

Core Team

You simply need to connect it to socket provided on driver side foot well. You can connect it to laptop or mobile either using USB cable or bluetooth. Scanner provide you fault codes. You also get lots of real time information such as Speed, Coolant temp, Throttle etc. Some information depends upon sensors available in the car. Here are screen shot of Torque App which I use
Hi Amit. Your contribution is much appreciated. I'm too considering to use Torq. Are there any other better / equally recommended Android OBD apps?

I got this one from Aliexpress for INR400:
You just check size of device because in some cars big ODB scanner hits knee while driving.
How long did it take to be delivered to you? I'm looking for same but unable to find one that is genuine as well as ships fast (Preferably from an Indian seller).

Drive Safe,
350Z

Are there any other better / equally recommended Android OBD apps?
I got multiple apps in CD along with OBD scanner. I tried few others (can't remember names) but liked the Torq, so installed that on my Android phone.
I will get CD from my friend and update you about other OBD scanner software.

350Z; said:
How long did it take to be delivered to you? I'm looking for same but unable to find one that is genuine as well as ships fast (Preferably from an Indian seller).
I am not sure if the one I got is genuine or not, since it is Chinese. But it works well so far. I got it delivered in 70-75 days. Usually I get items from China in 20-25 days but OBD scanner took very long, I think I ordered when their festival was there.

New Torq has HUD feature also, so you can reflect all desired details to your windscreen.

Last edited:

Hi Amit. Your contribution is much appreciated. I'm too considering to use Torq. Are there any other better / equally recommended Android OBD apps?

Drive Safe,
350Z
Hello 350Z,
You can get this device on ebay for around 600 rupees.
I bought it from ebay itself 8 months ago, so problems faced so far.[:)]
I have used it for multiple cars. Eon, Ertiga DDiS, Wagon R, Brio.
Here's the link.
obd | eBay Mobile
Thanks

Last edited:
The generic OBD scantool doesn't seem to capture the Error Codes atleast in my 2012 Swift VDi. I had encountered EPS failure on multiple occasions, but the tool failed to capture the error code stored in the ECU.
The ASS seem to cpature and erase the error codes.
Any solutions for the same are welcome. Also, I would like to know what kind of errors would these not capture.

The generic OBD scantool doesn't seem to capture the Error Codes atleast in my 2012 Swift VDi. I had encountered EPS failure on multiple occasions, but the tool failed to capture the error code stored in the ECU.
The ASS seem to cpature and erase the error codes.
Any solutions for the same are welcome. Also, I would like to know what kind of errors would these not capture.
Did you try scanning the ECU with ignition on?
I had a DTC of powertrain Bank 1 in my Honda Brio.
Scanned it with ignition on mode and the error was successfully erased.
Regards
Car's Paradise

Would check that later today and revert. I just hope to capture the error code and find a root cause for the problem rather than trying to erase the same.

where to buy obd scanner

my friend want to purchase obd scanner so i want to know where he can purchase obd scanner.there are two type of obd scanner available which will be best for him

Top Bottom