Car Scan Tool (OBD) – Queries & Discussions

Order one On Thursday and received it Yesterday (ELM 327 Mini). Went out to try it out immediately but without success :(

Plugged in device and the LEDs did not blink, not a single once of them. Searched on few forum and someone pointed out might be a fuse issues and suggested it's fuse being connected to cigarette lighter. Tried that and cigarette lights works well.

Tried to find out specific information in manual. Leave the fuse, manual has no guidance around OBD II port itself. They way fuse changing has been described, I doubt any novice like me will be able to try it out.

I doubt that device might be wrong and need to return it but wanted to check if any one has faced same issue or can guide me over here.

Guys, i have a wagon r 2008. Will obd or elm devices work with it. I have a nuisance engine check light that comes on & off randomly & i dont want to take it to an MASS as they will definately want to make me spend some to fix whatever the issue is

Ameyam

OBD II Adapter

Recently I bought an V-Gate OBD II Adapter for my Xcent. And installation was pretty simple. Plug it in port, start car, pair it with your device and start using it. I use Torque Pro and OBD Link app to see my fuel efficiancy and apart from that we can check a lot more things too. If you try one, please update here with your device as well as Car model.

Item : eBay link

Car : Hyundai Xcent

Result : Success [:D]

Re: OBD II Adapter

Never tried. But it should support all cars manufactured from 2004 as per the mail sent by my ebay seller. I will try the same with all car's in my family.

will be giving up a try today if it work will buy it today , one of the ebay seller is nearby to my house and will go and check. mine is wogonR 2008 model and seller says it might work as maruti uses ISO9141 protocol.
let see will update

it didnt work:sorry: with the wagonR 2008 but i can see the lights are on in he obd tool, when i connected it to my Ritz petrol 2011 it worked flawless

I told you so. I tried to reset the intermittent "engine check" light on my old Wagon R 2008 this wan. Never was able to fix it. Ultimately sold it off for unrelated reasons and bought a Swift on the 3rd of October

There was legislation passed in 2010 that required OBD compliance. So, all cars post 2010 will work well with the scanner

Ameyam

ELM OBDII scanners

Hi,

intrigued by these OBD scanners. How do they work and what information can I expect to get out of them? I own a 2014 Swift

Ameyam

Top Bottom